OTOMO is valuable, but

Discussion in 'General' started by Epicancient, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Epicancient

Epicancient Active Member

Edit/Note: Out of 100 energy pulls, I only got 3 SS and 8 or 9 S. It's nothing spectacular for the price, but it's all in good fun to me.

I recommend not wasting energy on this unless you generally don't have much need else for it.

I did $~150 worth of energy pulls, and most of the buddies I found were good but nothing great, save for the Tomes.

Coining them will be good enough for most players, and you need to level them up/evolve them for any serious usage. They're good at Base level, for S+ companions, but I've not leveled any yet.

It's really nice to see Death being used by Ma'curi, and Petrify Area 2 by Zuzu, for sure. Kuscah with levitation is helpful, and extra elemental spells for mages doesn't hurt. It'll just take time to make full use of them all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Bahamut, Emanon, Rima and 4 others like this.
  2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I just did 14 buddy pulls and only got 1 S, the rest were A's and B's, so beware even with this "event" the rates of S+ seem pretty low

Terra-Em likes this.
  3. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

I am not fond of this system it's a endless coin/energy sink, the coin cost is quite high, and most energy buddies you get are trash, I guess we need more time to settle up with this new system, but so far my opinion is negative, I don't like it.

tbfosho, spectre, Rima and 4 others like this.
  4. jlam13

jlam13 New Member

I tried 5 pulls with energy, all 5 pulls were B class.
    I won't use energy again for them anymore. I did 100 coin pulls, and got 2 A class from them.

5. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

To chime in, I just did 10 pulls myself... not a SINGLE gold pull at all...

Yeah, it's pretty doggon crappy.

I don't mind the coin ones though. I have SO many coins to burn through... gonna have hundreds of these fellas...

6. Epicancient

Epicancient Active Member

It's a really good system for the very few players who completed every other character, as they can further improve.

However, it's a fairly overwhelming system for all players, and considering it functions as a feeding tool, you can literally endlessly improve them over time. The problem comes in when a new player maybe invests too much into their companions instead of their main units. It's a distraction, but certainly not a bad one overall.

The fact that the companions can improve is good, but drawing the line at 'final stage' is hard, due to how harsh evolving seems to be, and how coin intensive leveling is. There's still an end set most players can look forward to, but we need time to find it.

Overall, I think we shouldn't look at this like the PoF or SBing, as those have definitive ends. This gives players something to do, forever, if nothing else. And if players don't want to grind millions of coins, they don't have to, it'll come in time.

west23 and se7en47 like this.
  7. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Just want to mention that you'll probably burn a lot of coins leveling higher tier Otomo. I think it's a waste to use coins on the Companion of Fellowship at the moment because the odds of getting A and B Otomo from it are really slim.

8. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    10 pulls: all B and a few A, not a single S :(

Rydia likes this.
  9. UndyingUmbra

UndyingUmbra Active Member

Can confirm. Burned around 400K coins. Got 3 A's and 4 B's

10. JoeyDee9

JoeyDee9 Member

15 pulls and nailed gungnir. I'm pretty happy with my current line up but reag curious what would happen if I evolve it...

11. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

The higher Otomo are going to be ridiculously powerful, just think adding another skill to your character, plus the stat boost, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the rare (best) ones are really rare.
    My S is rat's shield, equip paralysis guard but also approx +1 def and +1 mdef per level, 60 levels, no evolve ability.
    I've spent about 200k in coin pulls and gotten a couple A's and B's, and my A one is upgradable to an S so I'm working on it but it's going to cost a TON of gold.
    One benefit that newer players will have is running metal zones. For me all my characters are leveled and also all my monsters are 50+ so metal zones are not too good. However I just did MZ4 4 times and got 2-3 metal buddies B class per run, 3000 exp for one of these little guys. And I got an A class metal buddy from MZ4 king and he was worth 50k exp which is a lot!
    So from now on I guess my stamina is going towards metal zones and gold zones. That's fine because for the last week I haven't been spending my stamina at all... at least this is something try for awhile...

12. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

wait. your a class can evolve into an s class? that contradicts what another forum member posted on tharos' thread. he stated that a class and above cannot evolve. if they can, maybe the grind for companion evolution is the optimal path rather than spending energy, aiming for higher class?

13. jlam13

jlam13 New Member

I got 2x A class, which cannot evolve, Hiso's tome and King's buckler.

14. cell

cell New Member

Metal Minion B can be sold for 500 gold each while Metal Minion^ can be sold for 3,000 gold. Metal Zones are now a source of income for me because I can sell the B Minions to help finish the PoF. Going to hoard them MM^ until I get a companion I want to use.

Epicancient likes this.
  15. IAmSoPretty!

IAmSoPretty! Member

10 pulls. A and B.

Perhaps my prettiness reminds it of its shortcomings in life?

16. Chev4

Chev4 Active Member

Hahaha Mistwalker got me good; I pulled with 27 energy(9 pulls) and got 1 gold(Whitewyrm Wand). Spent 1 mil and got exactly what I most wanted from it: 2x kings chronicle, beyond that a dragon chronicle and Amimari's sword(to evolve), nothing else noteworthy.

At first I was shock mistwalker allowed us to acquire metal buddies in the arena, but after seeing how little of an effect the Metal Bs had on my White wyrm wand, I can understand why MW allowed them in the arena.

Overall this is what I expected from mistwalker, so I am not upset at the lost of energy or the amount of grind that has been introduce, although I do feel bad for newcomers that almost certainly will be overwhelmed

west23 likes this.
  17. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

For the heck of statistic I did 320 companions coin pulls, got 4 Class A and 3 Class B. Energy pulls were B all of them (did 5 until I gave up). I equipped my best adventurers with the heal/regen buddies and I am quite happy with those even if low rank, they are already very powerful so the heal helps more until I can get better companions.

There is no easy way to sell multiple companions so clearing my 300/300 companions is tedious, I have been feeding the shield ones to my heal companions but I am tired and need to sleep got a long day of work tomorrow. Good luck everyone have fun in the game!

Epicancient likes this.
  18. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
  19. Genryuu

Genryuu Active Member

I did 19 PoT pulls, got only two S, two stupid elemental shields (well, at least they're a different element, but still...)

I'm pretty disappointed, the pull rate seems to be really crappy, the system itself looks promising, but at the same time very time and money consuming.

How much exp do the metal ones give?
    Exping using normal buddies is impossible.

Is there even a remote meaning in having so many C and D rank buddies? Nobody will ever use them, they're useless as food, and useless to be sold...and worst of all they'll never disappear from gachas unlike normal characters..

20. duckroll

duckroll Member

Normal Metal Minions give 3000 exp each. Not sure about the Lambdas.