Points...

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by LegendaryFrog, Aug 31, 2016.

1. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where I should ask this, but this forum seems as good as any. What are forum points for? How does one earn points? Can they be traded into the internet for phat loots and prestige? If I earn a bunch of points can I get a trophy or medal (or a ribbon at the very least, christ don't be stingy). If I go around my office bragging about all my internet points will I finally be considered 'dope'?

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    If you reach 114 points, NeoCHI in person will come to your home, congratulates you for being the coolest kid ever and buy you an ice cream, or, at least, this is what the legends say.

I don't know about the other ones, but, as I said in a previous forum event, the Event Badges:
    1. Increase your Luck in pulls by 14.74 points,
    2. In case you still live with your parents, they make you look sexier than Brad Pitt at the eyes of the girls.
    ===============================

The Points system is just an added feature to the Xenforo package that aims to increase the competitivity and, by result, to keep the forum alive.
    It obviously depends on how they are implemented and what what kind of players the community is made of, not everybody is attracted by these features.

Points are earned for reaching determined milestones, all listed here.

• [ 1 Point ] First Message
      Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
    • [ 2 Points ] Somebody Likes You
      Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
    • [ 5 Points ] Keeps Coming Back
      30 messages posted. You must like it here!
    • [ 10 Points ] Can't Stop!
      You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
    • [ 10 Points ] I Like It a Lot
      Your messages have been liked 25 times.
    • [ 15 Points ] Seriously Likeable!
      Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.
    • [ 20 Points ] Addicted
      1,000 messages? Impressive!
    • [ 20 Points ] Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff
      Your content has been liked 250 times.
    • [ 30 Points ] I LOVE IT!
      Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes.

Kupo likes this.