Potentially remaking my party

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by SNAITH, Nov 18, 2015.

1. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

Hi all, was just wondering if i could get a little help. I've recently come back to the game and have obtained some new characters but am not sure on how to really build a team, ( i never really was). Below I have some screenshots of my current party and all of the characters i have available. What would be the best way for me to build based on what i have at the moment? thanks in advance for all of the help! :D help char chart.png

2. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

new one.png Heres a bigger version of my screenshot sorry for the bad resolution :/

Attached Files:

3. edwin santander

edwin santander Well-Known Member

Medals:
    -czekras/sheena
    -gugba
    -lunato
    -s'naip
    -gatz
    -kuscah

SNAITH likes this.
  4. White Mage

White Mage Well-Known Member

Medals:
    From what I can see, I would recommend:
    Bahl: Excellent sword damage when Job 2 level 65 is achieved thanks to Physical Attack x1.5
    Ma'curi: Same as Bahl, but for Spears. Highest DPS in game.
    S'naip: Same as two above, but for Bows.
    Kuscah: An amazing healer.
    Czekras: For some elemental damage. I can't see a better alternative.
    6th slot: Any character you want. Would recommend: Sheena, Grace, or Gugba. Preferably Gugba.

Characters to level on the side:
    Gatz: His Treasure Hunter skill increases drop rates for items. Useful for farming.
    Ka'pori: He has skills that buff Sword characters, which you have some.
    Lunato: Has the Evasive Arts, Area (2) skill. Allows you to evade physical attacks. Not so great damage.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Ashitaka and SNAITH like this.
  5. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

thank you so much! can i ask the same from you as i did the other person above? here is my delima:
    Thank you! can you explain the basics of team building too? or maybe point me in the direction to a good guide. i cant seem to understand the concept of building a team based off of what i need. im also confused on the subject of character jobs, for example should i lvl each job up to 65? or only do that if i want a certain skill that they have at that lvl? i feel like im wasting resources lvling up to the next job when i havent finished getting them to 65 yet.

White Mage likes this.
  6. White Mage

Medals:
    Assuming you need a team for Story Mode, a balanced team of Spear, Sword, Bow, Elemental, Healer, and another character are enough to get you through most of the story mode. Later chapters will require some more specific characters to beat more easily ( but are still possible to beat rather easily, especially since you have Bahl, Ma'curi, and S'naip, the DPS "trinity'), and some events (like Bahamut or Leviathan) need a specific team build.

For character jobs, I would recommend leveling jobs to 65. Most characters have their good skills in Job 3 level 65, barring some exceptions.

For example, your Bahl has these skills in Job 1:

LV 1

Counterattack, 30%
    [Counterattack after pincer attacked.]
    LV 15
    Attack +10%, Self, 30%
    [Boost ATK by 10% for 2 turns.]
    LV 35
    Gigasword, 40%
    [Strong sword attack on pincered units.]
    LV 65
    Counterattack, 30%
    [Counterattack after pincer attacked.]

Counterattacks are not so great in Terra Battle. In this situation, a good idea would be to stop at level 35 to unlock Gigasword and move on to the next job. What skills you want to unlock and where you want to stop leveling a character is left at your discretion.

Others may add more to what I have said.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    SNAITH likes this.
  7. White Mage

Medals:
    SNAITH likes this.
  8. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

White Mage likes this.
  9. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

I would definitely find a way to get either Bahl or Ma'curi (probably the latter) in your party, and for sure Gugba!

SNAITH likes this.
  10. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    aww, don't scare SNAITH, if you cut off the explanations of the new features is not that much xD

Anyway, to what Arc said about Bahl, Ma'curi and S'naip, I want to add a thing: they are B/A class characters and known to be powerful (mainly) because of their job2/lv65 stackable skill [​IMG] Physical Attack x1.5. Without this one they are still pretty good units, but their "low" defenses (compared to S+ units') make late chapters a little harder (just to make you know that).

Kuscah is another unit you want in your team, a B-class adventurer, yes, but one of the best "white" mage on Terra Battle :)

Gugba is another very, very strong character, same for Sheena, who is also capable to heal your party with [​IMG] Cleansing Caper and [​IMG] Conversion Rite (unfortunately, both lv65 skills). Anyway, the high number of skills she can learn at a low level (with a 40-50% proc rate!) and the useful [​IMG] Control Time +2 Sec (job 1!) should be enough reasons for making you want her in your team.

Czekras is a good sword unit, but because of his bad habit to deal (mainly) elemental damage (instead of physical damage) I think the best choice for now is leaving him in the bench.

Gatz cannot be considered a "strong" unit (well, at least he cannot be considered strong as Gugba, Sheena or Bahl), but his [​IMG] Levitation, [​IMG] Treasure Hunter and [​IMG] Panacea will surely come handy :)

So, in summary I would say:
    • [​IMG] Ma'curi
    • [​IMG] S'naip
    • [​IMG] Kuscah
    • [​IMG] Gugba
    • [​IMG] Sheena
    • [​IMG] Gatz
    It's a shame you don't have mages like A'merpact or Daiana; in case you manage to find one, put him/her in Gatz's (or Sheena's) place ;)

Oh, and welcome back to Terra Battle!

11. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

You have a few different options. Without a doubt, drop Opari. Djugan is not being fully utilized unless he's in combo with Macuri. Same for manmer and Snaip, and Kapori for Bahl
    . Gugba is your strongest character (though the Trinity puts out more pincer damage, Gugba's advantage is Area attack). For magic damage, Gigojago is your best option other than Czerkas. Level those two and Grace to get ready for the next time Bahamut comes back to get yourself a truely great mage. Your primary team should probably be: Czerkas, Gugba, Kuscah, Snaip, Macuri, and Bahl. You can swap in each of the boosters as needed for Bahl/Macuri/Snaip for the level (such as using Djugan instead of Snaip if the level is primarily swords). With the number of good combo options you have, I wouldn't go with a single team. Just add all this to what Arc and Silver said, they are pretty on point.

SNAITH and White Mage like this.
  12. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

thank you very much! ill definitely add those now

13. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

WOW! thank you so much for adding this! i appreciate it so much, Im so excited to start playing again now. you guys are so fast with your responses too. ok ill definitely follow all of this advice im starting to understand things a lot more thanks again! :D

14. SNAITH

SNAITH New Member

GEEZ! adding this to arc and Silvers comments was just what i needed! you filled in the final gap of knowledge! thanks so much alternating members depending on what the stage calls for is a great idea and seems to make a lot of sense. I'll keep fishing for a good mage but in the meantime ill take your advice. thanks a ton! i appreciate all of this

White Mage likes this.