[PSA] Back up your Terra Battle account NOW

Discussion in 'General' started by Raijinili, Dec 20, 2015.

1. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Really? As addicted as I am, I haven't spent a cent on TB but did succeed in fostering a first page of Z characters and much more, and I would hate to see the same thing happen to me... I've been using this iPad Air for two years now and will surely replace it in near future, so I'm wondering: Is in-game purchase so crucial for account retrieval? What if there's no purchase in TychoBrahe's case?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Account purchases are like a backup backup security for account recovery. If you haven't/don't want to spend money, then you can just take the "transfer device" screenshot mentioned on the first post and store it somewhere safe.

3. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Yes, I have actually done that. It's just that TychoBrahe said his "transfer info didn't work" somehow, so I started to think that having transfer ID data prepared is no guarantee after all. Maybe I worry too much~

And btw, PoT COMPLETED? More in this forum achieved that? Anyway, my deepest respect...

4. FishInTheDark

Hmm, so I seem to be having some trouble restoring my savedata.bin/savedata_backup.bin. In the past when I gota new device, my old savedatas wouldn't work unless I played through chapter 1 and then replace the bin files. This time, it doesn't seem to work even after playing through chp 1. If I used the old save files, it asks me to start a new game/transfer data when I boot up. If I put back the completed chp 1 savedata, it works fine as normal. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas on what I can try? (I'd really like to avoid using data transfer for now)

5. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

I assume you're using android? if so, have you tried titanium backup?

6. FishInTheDark

Yeah, usually I just move the savedata.bin around manually and it works fine but I was having problems after a reinstall.

I came up with a solution. For some reason, setting the savedata permissions to 777 got me past the New Game/Data Transfer screen and I was able to use my save. Weird stuff considering I was using the save on the same device.

7. supergaijin

Did you look at the permissions of the original and compare to the copy? Sometimes copies get different permissions and have to be reset. I remember doing that with angry birds :shifty:

8. Bejda

Bejda Active Member

i always saw them set 777 on my side, btw that Terra manager app still works perfect.
    Something i often wonder but am too lazy to check lol @supergaijin , can you/do you use a titanium backup widget to easily switch accounts?

9. supergaijin

Nop, I just make a titanium backup and that can be used to put it on any device. No savebin or passwords needed :p

10. FishInTheDark

Yes, I did. All copies I've seen on various devices always had just rw for the owner but for some reason that's not enough. I think reinstalling changes the "owner" id of the game or something.

11. Bejda

Bejda Active Member

yes sure ;) i was thinking about that tbckup widget function, make an app icon (or maybe 2 here :D ) on your homescreen that would one-tap do the switch account/load that save command

Tsrintox likes this.
  12. undeadr

undeadr New Member

fuck, I lost my account cause my tablet broke and I only have the data from the last transfer...and I haven't purchased any coins... it's an account I have been using almost since the game begun, with most of characters at 100%SB... Giving them the data of the last transfer, will be enought to make them return my account?

And how much time they take to give it back?

13. FishInTheDark

Yes, it should be enough.

14. undeadr

undeadr New Member

I hope so, I have done a LOT of work on that account...being F2P I only need 2S 4SS and 8Z to get all the characters and monsters at 100%SB... It has been really hard and it would be a real pain to lose it... I've mailed them, I hope they answer soon, I will lose my streak of +600 days :(

15. Loner

Loner Active Member

Wow 600+ days. You are truly a veteran. Hope you get it back soon. But I think very likely you will lose your streak cause I saw many people need to wait at least a day to get their account back.

16. undeadr

undeadr New Member

Probably, cause they haven't answered yet, so, I don't think that they will do it on time :(

17. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Posting about not backing up your transfer data, in a topic telling you to back up your transfer data. Thank you for leading by counterexample!

Anubarak and supergaijin like this.
  18. undeadr

undeadr New Member

Mmmm, no, giving an example that it's not enought to save the data for new transfer on the same device you are using ;)

And you are welcome! :D

19. Raijinili

Raijinili Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Topic post also instructs you to put the data online. :-]

20. undeadr

undeadr New Member

Yep, and I can tell now I've learned the lesson XDDD