PSA for those that skill boost or plan to skill boost.

Discussion in 'General' started by Rydia, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Sharing here an advice from @Person Man about skill boost in TB2:

"The mechanics are similar to terra battle 1, but terra battle 2 has an important difference. Skills can "improve" with levels which often increase the frequency.

By leveling a character, you can lower the rate at which skill boost can be gained. The easiest example is Melba DNA who features a 10% skill at level 40. By leveling her to 60, this becomes a 30% skill which would lower her sb rate anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 depending on the method and party.

This also means healing otomo will increase non healers rates much higher. That worthless healer Robert appears to have 2 healing otomo on his union. I would focus on obtaining those otomo ASAP. Also keep in eye out for new otomo with activation rates below 30%."

So be careful when leveling your units guys, maybe there are some you want to keep in lower levels to increase the efficiency of SB gains.

**Note** For those who doesnt know Robert = Haruhikari

Todd likes this.
  2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Yeah good point
    On a related note, I'm trying to SB Xena, DNA form is obviously a lot better for that (more skill activations overall and more at lower chances) but I had to switch to RNA for levitation for farming Zmey, almost done and then I'll switch back to DNA form for SB

3. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

So I'm wondering, because skills can change their chance to trigger, is SB rate still tied to base trigger chance?

@Person Man have you tested this to be sure?

4. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is.. Easy way to test is take high SB levi in any battle. He gains boost very often due to the 10% maelstrom.

5. ClubSandwich

ClubSandwich Member

SB capped to 0.2% per encounter like TB1?

6. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

I think we need more info about SB gain mechanic from dataminers. I think that SB gain might be different this time because it grows pretty fast even for characters who have a couple of active skills. (Overall, guardians in TB2 have much less active skills than adventurers in TB1.) If SB increase rate is inversely proportional to activation rate, like in TB1, then the first post is correct, but some details different from TB1 can change everything.

On a side note, what is the best way to grind SB in TB2 like 2-1 in TB1?

7. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

I agree that we need some feedback from dataminers to be able to draw any conclusion. Remember in TB1 that otomo skills used a rate for SB which was decorelated from their actual proc rate (this proc rate being correlated to the otomo's level, like guardians skills proc rate in tb2). So you could have a Demon otomo with 100% proc rate which counted as a 15% skill for SB chance calculation.
    It could very well be, in tb2, that the base SB gain rate remains the same regardless of the level-adjusted proc rate.

8. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

I think mw apply the same factor sb in tb 2 like in tb 1.

So iirc, skill with base 10%active has 10% to boost sb, and skill with 100% active has 1% to boost sb. I dont remember formula exactly.

Yep, levi with 100% sb( mean maelstorm always active) give union boosting like crazy( my levi is 40% u only).

Im casual player, i only farm to 70% only because i have no guard with skill 10% active..

9. usagi

usagi Member

We can buy 30% chain active otomos at a shop and can equip them up to four.

10. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I refuse to level up my Melba to test this theory D: But from what I'm seeing, it looks at the skill as you see it. Later in the game there will be sync'd chapters which you can return to the lower levels, but for not it's better to look before you leap if you plan to skill boost.

Currently the best rate for everyone in the game is 30% since you should be arming 4 of the otomo from the shop.

Yes I did check to see if lower skill rates trigger more skill boost. I have Melba and Louis were came out almost equal after two days (Louis had slightly fewer pincers) and they were 50% higher than those with 30% skills. I believe they were actually capped by the amount of pincers in the fights and could have been even higher.

11. Yutong Yu

Yutong Yu New Member

I have a simple question, how does SB calculate? Is it like current SB % plus the base skill %?

12. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Skill chance known as "Frequency" in game is the skill frequency base rate + your guardian's skill boost. The blue "B" number.

Skill boost chances are calculated by, and I'm using Terra Battle 1 here since rates look the same, 0.02 / skill frequency base rate. This means skills with lower base frequencies trigger more skill boost chances.

13. Yutong Yu

Yutong Yu New Member

Thanks for the answer.

14. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    What I am doing with my physical guardians :3

A little extra (and stupid thing) about the companions that many of you surely noticed by now: while on TB1 we have a "separated" SB for them (some grow up to 100%, others can't get past a certain percentage), on TB2 those are considered normal skills, and as every other skill they benefit from a guardian with a high SB.

Example: Leviathan and King Orbling, as mine have 100% SB, trigger the abilities of all their companions -- with a base 30% chance to proc -- every time, while Xena, who is a little below 20% SB doesn't.

15. Allatar

Allatar Active Member

And to continue on Silver note, Frequency boost from skills (Party wide / adjacent or self).

So with the exception of the few guardians who have skill with less than 30% base frequency, only one companion is needed to allow physical gardian to be sbed even on chain (making them way easier to sb than in Tb1)

16. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Oh wow. I didn't know that. That's actually pretty awesome

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  17. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

I have Melba too and so I'm also reluctant to level her up because her skill activation rate increases. That's why I did a little research on SB growth rates.

SB team: Chirol DNA (lvl 59, 34.5%), Tsutsura DNA (lvl 60, 32.2%), Melba DNA (lvl 57, 30.5%), Revol RNA (lvl 60, 29.7%), Samatha RNA (18.9%).

SB method: beginning of chapter 2, no weapons/hats equipped, 4 chain activated companions from the shop, Djagos from a friend (for Negotiator), engage 3 orblings one by one, use Djagos when 2nd power appears to finish and recruit orbling, also fight extra battle with weak monsters which surround you after you have killed orblings.

After three repeats of said actions (4 battles each) SB increase were:

Chirol DNA - 2.4%, Tsutsura DNA - 1.8%, Melba DNA - 2.2%, Revol RNA - 1.8%, Samatha RNA - 1.7%

Conclusions: even after this small amount of SB runs and gathered data you can get the general idea. If your SB method is something close to what I have described, having a skill with 10% activation rate doesn't seem to have dramatic effect on SB gain rate. Each orbling kill takes 7.5 - 8 double pincers (depending on when Djagos kills orbling), each double pincer allows your character to act twice and also there are power points. In such conditions, even characters without skills with super-low activation rate are quite likely to hit the growth cap of 0.2% during some battles (or even during every battle, which happened to Chirol DNA in my case).

Now I am less reluctant to level up Melba. I will probably do it soon.

18. ducnh85

ducnh85 Active Member

Cap is 0.2% each battle.

Sb in tb 2 is not that hard. Join chap 2, kill the right orbling first. Double.chain in 3 turn( mean 6 phases), and last chain ise django to get orbling. Im still working for the second 100 luck orbling. But if i finish it, i will kill orbling after 5 * double chain because many times there are 1 or 2 even 3 guardian reach cap max 0.2%.

But each run still takes alot of time.. Click world map, chapter 2, select the friend and team. Move team to right orbling, 5 * double chain, take the loot(. Enemy move, move to mid orbling, 5* double chain, take the loot.)*2. Weak mob ambush. Kill, take the loot and got some sb...

With me it takes about 7 to 10 mins..