PVP Cheaters Consolidated (Tips against them)

Discussion in 'General' started by Elelyon, Mar 21, 2016.

1. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Bringing the cheaters to the forefront of the community is fine and all, but if MW doesn't suspend or ban the cheaters or fix the exploits and cheats then this thread is really just a rant. I don't know if anyone from MW even checks this forum, to be honest. It might be a good idea to send them a link to this thread in an email to their support department. I'm sure whoever reads those emails will find this to be a nice alternative to yet another PvP based email complaining about Gego^. :joyful:

2. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

This thread was created to help the community only. If MW can take action against them that will be great but that isn't what this thread is for!
    It explains ways to counter some of those exploits. This thread has helped me and probably few others to beat these cheaters!

supergaijin likes this.
  3. Wildarm

Wildarm Active Member

Happened to me several times too. I think this was some weird server bug. Several people reported 3+ match losses this way. Many more matches than would be explainable via normal PvP stamina.

I was able to see MarxForever profile(with correct ID) and confirmed it was not showing any matches played. Definitely some weird stale connection issue. We were getting matched up with a ghost similar to the Quick Match stale connection issues we saw before the implemented the 30 second auto-start
    image1 (1).JPG

4. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

well matches takle some time to show was that rigth after ppl where saying in chat about the defeats or way time later? anyways i contacted him on reddit not reponse yet and if i dont get any i will consider it as an intended cheat

5. Wildarm

Wildarm Active Member

That snapshot was from today. Been more than a day... The matches should have been posted. Definitely a bug and not a cheat IMO

MarxForever likes this.
  6. RabidKitten

RabidKitten Active Member

I just finished getting my full /\ party leveled and ready, and have been pretty active in the Lizard Cup, and man is this game rampant with cheaters. Its laughable, I think I actually get to take home less than 33 percent of my wins. Getting to S league is pretty funny considering how many games I actually have to win (upwards of 70-80). Mostly its been invalids, but I definitely see a lot of WIN/WIN as well. I have thankfully not seen the one that forces a loss on my end. But the games that invalid turn 1 are probably just giving them a WIN and me an invalid. Based on my experience with Lizard Cup I'd say 70 percent of players cheat. The issue is that its a real turn off for many players, and that is a shame because when it works, it can be a lot of fun.

7. Tziouv

Tziouv Well-Known Member

Here's your pitchfork sir. Please tell your friends that we here at Pitchforks Incorporated are willing to provide you with the necessary amount of pitchforks you will need against that cheating 70% of PvPers. Please do dismiss any ridiculous suspicions that there might be a problem on your side. :troll:

8. Waifu

Waifu Active Member

Shhh. He might talk about his phone specs and Google Fiber internet!:eek:

9. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

I really wish they would just redo the first 3 PvP event's rewards system to award the Otomo upon reaching rank S as with the newer events. I think this makes the PvP the most fun because everyone can get the rewards. I honestly couldn't give a hoot whether my enemies cheat or not as long as I get my Otomo. Let the try-hards battle it out for the extra 5-10 energy in top 100.

MarxForever, wrongnotes and Elelyon like this.
  10. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

I'm guessing they didn't redo the rewards intentionally. Cuz the code's already there to reward from rankup, and would only take a few mins to change (probably a configuration / setting somewhere). Personally, even though I have the otomos already, I don't want them to be "exclusive" to those who finish top 50, and would also rather everyone have a decent chance at getting them.

wrongnotes and FishInTheDark like this.
  11. MarxForever

MarxForever Member

Hello. I decided to make an account after the message you sent me on Reddit.
    Figured I'd check the cheater thread over here and see if I had to defend myself.
    Look there are almost certainly cheaters out there, but I can assure you I'm not one of them. I pride myself on treating my opponents with respect, be it Hearthstone, Smash Bros, Terra Battle or whatever. We all know TB doesn't have the best severs in the world and there are almost certainly other possibilities to consider. I know it's frustrating, trust me, God do I know. I've had a ton of disconnects from other players just when I'm about to win, sometime from the same person multiples times in a row and it looks bad. And I'm sorry, to hear that our matches apparently ended with unfair loses for a few of you on here, truly. That sucks. But throwing around accusations without hard evidence helps no one, and I don't appreciate being accused of cheating just because we had run of bad luck in a few encounters.
    Like I told you on Reddit. I have 68% win rate, 68! Does that really sound like the ratio of someone with an ultimate -Mwahahaha I Win Button- to you? Seriously, I only have like 2800 points, I'm not even in the top four hundred.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...And I have no intention of continuing this Cup since I have the Companion Tickets and the Energy. Frankly, PvP is broken thanks to the "real I win button" Gegonago, whom I don't even have. Meaning I had to bust my butt just to get to S rank. And you better believe I earned it.

Here's a pic of my current win/lose record. This may help you believe me. If not, I don't know what to tell you. But I do hope you have a nice day, and the internet holds up better next time we meet in Vs Mode.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Elelyon likes this.
  12. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

As you can see you aren't on the main page :) though yeah a lot of members were upset at you when that string of losses happened. Would you mind telling us what happened from your end? I.e., Did games end up as invalids? Did they not show up at all as @Wildarm noticed?

The purpose of this thread is not merely to call out cheaters (perhaps I should put the word "alleged" ;)). It's moreso to be aware of what cheats are out there and find out as much as we can to potentially circumvent them until (if) MW ever fixes them. I.e., if you know a certain person (mind you, whether they mean to do it or not) is doing something like Win/Win to you, and there's a way to stop them by winning via decision / draw, then at least the next time you match vs them, you can plan appropriately.

13. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

cetainly it wasnt your fault of it and i rectrat of what i said but the salt that day was real when 4-5 forum members got that bug where your user name apeared there and even though in our profiles we could see the loss with your name in yours certainly shows nothing, idk how this can even happen but its terrible you should report it to MW even though i doubt they ill do anything about other they say we will look onto it anyways sorry for all and hope this wont happen any othe time to any one

14. MarxForever

MarxForever Member

Yeah, I can see you guys try your best, with fairly limited resources, to prove whether or not someone's cheating before outright labeling them, and put a bigger emphasis on how to counteract cheating methods. So kudos on informing others on how to combat cheating without just degrading into a witch hunt. I'm sure that's no easy task.

As for what happened on my end? I had exactly one match where I got a DC and was handed a Win, and like two DCs were I was handed a lose. The rest were just invalids. Though I didn't have a particularly high volume of DCs compared to the norm. Nor did I have too many in a row.

No problem, man. If I were in your shoes I'd probably had been a touch upset too. It's only natural to want justice when you feel someone's cheating you.
    Actually, I've been meaning to make an account here for sometime, but kept putting it off. You got me off my butt, lol.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Bejda likes this.
  15. Wildarm

Wildarm Active Member

I have to agree with this. I feel like we've seen more invalids in the last 3 cups using the old exclusive OTOMO reward format than we have in the new format where it's only energy at stake. Much less incentive to win at all costs means less people resorting to invalids to keep their win streak going(the real cost of a loss is not just -50 points).

Derailing the thread but I think MW should really just increase the points for winning in each rank by 10-20 and remove the win streak bonus just like they did the KO bonus. Another idea would be to have the winner get back half their stamina. People with a higher win rate can play more matches and earn extra points that way relative to others.

16. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Please...no more pvp stamina :dead:

17. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

pretty much i left the game after mustache cup and since i got back played both runner and lizard cups #2 and the diference on invalids than lets say mustache or machine cup was impressive, specially at certain timezones seems to be a huge increase of invalids.

they should
    1 and most important of all make any give up end the match and same moment and not still allow to end turns, since most of intentional/unintentional invalids and others seems to come from there
    2 remove all rank 50 otomo prices and
    3 and maybe remove win streaks but i dont think thats the best they could do regarding ppl that cheat to keep streaks

btw 2 days ago i sent MW a mail regarding the give up sistem as i said here and they just trashed it away with a generic answer

18. Wildarm

Wildarm Active Member

Can always send Mistwalker Minion a PM as well and ask him to pass it along. May not get as lost in the support chaff.

19. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

I think it's fine to leave the Otomo as a top reward.
    Can't be entitled to get everything.

Fixing invalids is priority though for fairness. Else that top Otomo reward becomes pointless.

20. MarxForever

MarxForever Member

Does closing the App after you've give up to skip the attack animations, cause an Invalid on your opponent's end?