PVP Cheaters Consolidated (Tips against them)

Discussion in 'General' started by Elelyon, Mar 21, 2016.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I believe it does, since it's basically the same as DC'ing. MW really should make it so that the match ends immediately after you give up. Having to wait for all the animations (especially if it's Z Mage fest) just wastes everyone's time.

wrongnotes likes this.
  2. MarxForever

MarxForever Member

Damn, I'll have to make sure not to do that anymore.

3. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

It counts as invalid to opponent only if turn 3 hasn't finished. If it's later it's fine.

4. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

i think it does heard some ppl do it when they are losing so you dont get a win

5. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Posting this for posterity, since I had full LTE bars at the time this happened.

I got a timed out connection loss from Jui (NXLAM). He was super laggy both times I played him. The first time I played him, I won after a long battle, while the second time I got the TO on the second turn. Could possibly be server issues, but I thought I would post here just in case.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

I gave up on PVP after the first/second cup, is just unfun and full of cheaters.

Kudos to the OP for trying to give ways to counter it, I am not sure if MW can fix this tbh, as fully fixing it requires a massive overhaul of their netcode (and probably network model)...

Sorry for the mumbling and again kudos to the OP for the counter tips.

7. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

There's like no cheating on the path to S rank though. That's basically what most casual gamers are aiming for, so there's no problem there.

Aiming for the top 100 rank though is another thing completely, and seriously not recommended. Mostly a frustrating and tedious experience with the "invalid" games.

I think PVP is fun, but some cups are badly designed. Last Lizardfolk cup was pure stupid with S'naip/Macuri crap.

8. CulturalGeekGirl

CulturalGeekGirl Active Member

****erfly did a new kind of invalid: shows up on my match record as an invalid, doesn't show up on his match record AT ALL. He totally flubbed his turn 2 and then immediately I got an invalid.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  9. Wiitard

Wiitard Member

That could possibly by the servers, he went through a big losing streak which kinda tells me he didn't do it on purpose, possibly glitch on the server end who knows

10. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    [​IMG]
    Max clearly cause an invalid against me. If tb database still worked I could check his Id and see if he caused an invalid/win condition.

Story, 3 turns left in the round. I just slowly started to beat him. He waves on his turn without moving. 2 seconds later I get an invalid.

*side rant* machine cup is the biggest load of bullshit. Besides being a buddy heavy fight, it actually hurts good play more than rewards it. The rng is so high in this cup it becomes unfun watching the npc's knock you into a triple pincer or spawning the mouse turn 2 of player 1 in a way that shows a double pincer against you.

supergaijin likes this.
  11. Sakura

Sakura Member

For the latest Bruiser Cup 2, I faced warlord (NEGUH) three times over the weekend. The game would take too long to load and I ended up lost due to time out while s/he gets the win. I do not believe there is a way to counter it :(

I will provide screenshots:

image0.PNG image1.PNG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  12. Ryden

Ryden Active Member

I can confirm this. Also faced warlord three times and had the same situation. Nothing for a few moments, not even dragging or so, then the display of my defeat.

13. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

14. Wiitard

Wiitard Member

It seems there is a new way to cheat, since day one I have played pvp, the invalid was a serious problem but at least you got your stamina back, no loss of points just time,

But this new cheat you lose straight out right, I have noticed my phone flicks black for a split second just before I lose

Now I can't scream loud enough for MW to hear me saying fix this not even if we scream together, but I think I'm done with competitive play on this, which is one of the reasons I play it so much

15. Mr_kzimir

Mr_kzimir Active Member

Yup there is a new cheat around. Got owned 5 times by a guy name raphael with this trick.

Game start, time out and you lose.

Such an interactive gameplay :yawn:

http://imgur.com/a/iPB0v

16. Quartzel

Quartzel Active Member

Is anyone actually sending these abuse/exploits/bugs to MW ?

Us complaining non-stop on this board is most probably pointless. :wtf:

17. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

They are sending more reports than posting here, I'm sure. People were sending tons of reports back when weekly challenges had people cheating in the top 20 (even though there was no reward for being top 20) so they had to hide runs without videos to calm the masses. :rolleyes:

yeezus likes this.
  18. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

Audax (HSSZB) is a cheater who causes timeout losses at the start of the match while it's still loading :shifty:

19. swl

swl Member

- Madzz (LGWRF), timeout at start match
    - Japanese Name (LOINJ), invalider
    - bslyder (WDBOU), invalider

20. Wildarm

Wildarm Active Member

This is a server bug. We had this happening to a forum member 2 cups ago. Timeout then instant loss whenever people were matched against that person. The forum member said he hadn't played at all after someone messaged them. Luckily I could see the user in my rankings and could view the users match history and confirmed they had not played a game in a couple days. The losses did show on our records though. Stale session of some type on the server. It resolved itself eventually but for a couple hours several people in chat had this insta-loss happen. See my posts on the last page.

If you get this, I'd recommend not playing for the rest of the day to avoid the issue.

supergaijin likes this.