Rant about the availability of some of the 'O' companions

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Joe, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

<start_rant>
    I'm really bothered by the fact that some of the character 'O' companions have no real way of getting (even by chance through the companion pacts).

I invested a lot of time and money in this game. Did a lot of grinding to recode Mizell and to get her to 100 L/SB, however I have no real way to get her O companion for easy Shinen farming.

I know there are other ways to farm Shinen, but I already have one of the strongest characters in the game and it really annoys me that there is no realistic way to get such a valuable companion.

I was hoping it would be available in the current 3 years anniversary event, but it wasn't. I emailed MW a couple of times but got their template replies that they can't share future updates and that they received my feedback.
    </end_rant>

2. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I also think it's weird that there are some companions that are so hard to get, you can't even spend money on them. Even if you dumped a million bucks into the game and had good karma with RNGesus, you still couldn't get a Mizell O- what kind of gacha system is that??

Joe likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe Active Member

Exactly my point..

4. sormr

sormr New Member

Pretty sure there's another week in the anniversary thing? Might show up in the trading post after the reset in a couple days. I'm wanting Echo O to come back again so I feel your pain.

Actually I'm a little sad to see all the otomo that were just in the trading post not too long ago listed again, for example all the ones for the new sun/moon characters.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Let's be honest: The companion system makes no sense. The decisions as to who gets one, who doesn't, what they do, etc., seem to be completely random.

As someone on the other side of your issue (I've had Mizell's companions forever, but no Mizzy), I feel your pain; it's odd that one of their "halo" characters can be without one of her main benefits so easily/commonly.

Chalk it up to the "throw a dart at the wall, see what sticks" approach that MW seems to have. :hilarious:

Joe likes this.
  6. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

The entire Omicron Companions feel half-assedly thought out. While some gives a reasonable extension to the character's skillset (Korin and Kem), some are so terrible they're not even worth considering (Clara, Eileen). Making them character exclusive also doesn't really do anything other than unnecessarily having a crapton of Ward companions.

I feel like even MW is feeling how badly received they are, since they don't churn those out anymore.

Joe likes this.
  7. Joe

Joe Active Member

I thought the anniversary sale ends this Thursday and the TP will go back to normal. Are you sure there is going to be a third week?

8. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Mizell O was in TP. I took it even if i did not have Mizell at that time. I did the same with Nazuna O. And now I have both girls with their otomo. I dont understand why people dont buy such important companion just because they dont have the character yet (i m not sayin this is what you have done though)

9. Joe

Joe Active Member

Simply because I was taking a long break from the game during this period. :banghead: I also do the same and get all Companions regardless I have the character or not.

10. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

Yes but once or twice in the TP a year is ridiculous.

11. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Same goes for terra fragment as i wanted to rererecode bahl on my alt....

12. Joe

Joe Active Member

Can't you farm those?