Recode priority help

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by TrueShadow, Oct 15, 2016.

1. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I've reached the point in the game where I'd probably need to Recode stuff, but I have many characters so I need suggestions on who to prioritize first.

I already have:
    - Leviathan^ (first recode)
    - Koko^ (PoT pull)
    - S'naip^ (PoT pull)
    - Korin^ (PoT pull)

My current priority list is
    - Palpa
    - Odin
    - Bahamut
    - Amazora
    - Jaguna
    - Sha'plar (when she comes out)
    - Rejin
    - Puprope
    - Ellvern
    - Nakupi
    - Eileen
    - Kem
    - Sh'berdan

I also have some others, but I don't have their Kino/8bit monsters. I'm not counting Nia and Lucia since they're events only.

2. Vintt

Vintt Active Member

Odin (Strong DPS)
    Bahamut (Strong Magic)
    Palpa (Tap ATK OP)
    Rejin (PVP)
    Ellvern (PVP/Control time)

rest recode however whenever

3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Have you completed the PoF and/or the PoFoF? I would probably recommend placing Jaguna above the PVP-based recodes Vintt suggested because Jaguna^ is one of the PoFoF characters and can reach L100 very easily and for very low cost. Having at least two L100 characters will help boost item gathering and TP currency farming which will also increase the speed at which you can recode other characters. Just a thought.

cjguitarman likes this.
  4. TrueShadow

PoF about 90% complete, haven't started on PoFoF. Don't really care for PvP.

5. Vintt

Vintt Active Member

well Jaguna 100L is hard to get if not close to PoFoF, so as you work on PoFoF can work on Jaguna recode, but you shouldn't really recode Jaguna until after you finish PoFoF

6. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I will attempt an analysis of your list:

Palpa - nothing special except for 1 skill, augment attack, which will probably rocket her to the top of the priority list, it's just that good
    Odin - strong physical DPS
    Bahamut - strong fire mage
    Amazora - mediocre fire damage
    Jaguna - actually good unit for inexorable dragon king farming, also easy to get 100 luck if you have completed pot and pofof (you haven't)
    Sha'plar (when she comes out) - shadow damage
    Rejin - awesome status effect attacker, quite usable in several PVP cups -- but you don't care about that
    Puprope - less-than-awesome shadow damage
    Ellvern - uhhhh I really don't know, don't have this unit, I see people bring him to PVP but those people seem to lose, I guess good for lamia? Also you don't care about PVP.
    Nakupi - just not too good
    Eileen - she's just "okay" as a support/healer where you need levitation and/or time trap ward, so basically she's "good" for leviathan recoded event unless you have shin'en. I would only prioritize this one if you want to re-recode leviathan^ to 100 luck, but since you're not close to finishing pofof (needed for re-recoding) then forget about it for now
    Kem - yay spear team...
    Sh'berdan - this is an odd one, i don't consider him to be too bad of a spear character for those lacking in spear dps, but he's not "mission critical" for anything

prioritization:

TOP PRIORITY:
    Palpa - augment attack is just so important to, well, everything

SECOND PRIORITY:
    Odin and Bahamut are "staple" characters that perform well in a variety of situations including weekly challenge and also are characters you could work on for recoding to 100 luck over time (once you finish pofof)

VARIABLE PRIORITY:
    Puprope/Sha'plar - If you really need to bolster your shadow damage...?

LOWEST PRIORITY:
    Eileen - not useful for you in any situation I can think of except for leviathan^ rerecoding, but you'd need to finish pofof first
    Rejin - Really just useful in PVP
    Jaguna - If you're close to finishing pofof then she will be easy to get to 100 luck (two recodes overall, an initial and 1 re-recode), otherwise as just a spear attacker/supporter she's outshined by Odin^
    Amazora - outshined by Bahamut and Koko
    Ellvern - maybe someone else can explain why he should be a higher priority? Otherwise just say no.
    Nakupi - doesn't really have a role in the current or recent content
    Eileen - should be last priority if you're not aggressively wanting to rerecode leviathan^
    Sh'berdan - Outshined by Odin^, doesn't really play a role in current/recent content
    Kem - yay for spear teams?

So what other characters do you have that are eligible for recode?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Tharos likes this.
  7. TrueShadow

Thanks for the input everyone. I just recoded Palpa yesterday. So pretty much everyone agrees Odin and Bahamut are next in priority, huh. I'll work on them then. And if I don't have better characters to recode when I finish with them, I'll go for Sha'plar > Jaguna > Amazora then.

@Todd
    Actually I just remember I have Kraken Kino for Suoh, but I'll wait until Pig Snouts appear in TP since everyone was speaking how hellish it is to get.

Other than that, Camellia, Korin, Amina, and Burbaba. Except for Amina they're all pretty low tier anyway.

8. TrueShadow

On another note, is Puprope really that bad?

Levi/Baha : T1 Pincer Ring + T3 Pincer + T2 Cross + T2 Pincer + T1 Pincer Column
    -> 9x multiplier + 1x phys/random damage
    Puprope: T1 Pincer column + T2 Pincer Ring + T1 Pincer + T2 Pincer + T3 Pincer
    -> 9x multipler + 2.5x phys + 1 extra slot

On Pincer damage alone, she actually deals about the same damage as Levi/Baha, and more if Levi/Baha isn't in the pincer (their cross skill wouldn't hit the pincer target). Levi/Baha does have more coverage, but Puprope has one extra slot she can use for utility (capsules, frequency boost for non SB-ers, self-heal).

9. LegendaryFrog

Puprope' isn't bad, but she's not particularly great. There isn't a big need for shadow damage unless you're farming Raijin (co-op) so the others on the list have a higher priority as they're better for current content.
    Amina should also be a higher priority as well. Maybe after Odin/Bahamut, but before Sha'plar. She's effectively tied for #1 healer in the game. Definitely a good idea to recode her.

10. TrueShadow

That makes sense.

I don't have 8bit Hiso to recode her, and who knows when the old Kino/8bits would come back.

11. LegendaryFrog

Oh yeah, I forgot about that nonsense. I wonder if MW will do a daily Kino/8-bit rotation. Using event driven monsters as recode materials was a bad idea over all.

12. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I bet the 8-bits will be back soon, possibly right when the BC event is done (in 2.5 weeks)

13. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

I imagine the Kinos would be be back before the 8-bits, unless they decide to release Kinos and 8-bits again simultaneously!

14. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Actually you're right, that's what I meant, I got the two types mixed up

15. CharlesBad

CharlesBad Member

Hello,

I'm not bringing a new answer, I'm just here to ask the same question haha (so I don't create another thread).

I can recode those characters :

Suoh
    Camelia
    Olber
    Nia
    Alika
    Pupropé
    Korin
    Kem

Daiana
    Eileen
    Burbara
    Nakupi

Bahl
    Shberdan
    Amazora

Marilith
    Liche

I understood from yours post up there that the ones in orange are 'meh'. I really like Shaplar and Daiana, so I want to recode them, but they aren't a big priority haha.
    I don't have enough Pig Snout for Suoh (2).
    I have postponed Alika so much, should I go ahead? (I never play co-op, so the lvl1 TH isn't really relevant, is it?)

I guess Bahl, Olber, Alika?

Oh and here is my list of characters, so you can actually compare.
    Thanks!

tbs__2016-10-19-19-36.jpg

16. LegendaryFrog

Creating a new post is fine since that's what this forum is for... squad help.

Personally I'd go with the following order:
    Lich
    Marilith
    Bahl
    Suoh
    Camillia
    Olber
    Daiana
    Alika
    Eilieen​

Lich and Marilith are easy l100 units that are easy to recode and level to 65/65/90 especially since MZ7 is on it's way back. Bahl^ is maybe top physical dps right now, but even still she's Trinity so that's enough said. Suoh and Camillia require some more work than Lich and Marilith, but they're still easy l100 units and with these 4, Seiryu and Jaguna^ (is Jaguna^ L100?) you'll have a l100 team that will speed up TP farming tremendously. They rank below Bahl^ since you don't have the Snouts yet, but DDD should be your next priority. Plus Suoh^ is actually a very strong attacker. Olber^ is very versatile for being a defensive character, but his use is very specific so I wouldn't rank him too high. Daiana^ is one of the best fire mages in the game, but that's mostly only important for Levi so she's not that important right now. Alika^ is useful only for co-op plus Alika's normal job art is better than Alika^. Of course Alika^ has better stats, but in any situation where TH is important Alika is sufficient. Eileen^ is useful pretty much only for 8-bit Hiso and Ch 35 farming (Snouts/Temporal Helices) since she is immune to time traps.

As you have already stated, the rest are mostly ignorable.

17. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

I don't think Olber Λ is a good option right now, maybe if you are interested in PvP, but I'm not sure if it's still useful there now.

Daiana Λ is a great option since you don't have Lewto, but you have Bahamut Λ, so you are fine. Recode her if you think you don't have enough fire power.
    Same goes for A'merpact Λ. His recode hasn't been released yet, but you have Piz'fer Λ and Leviatan Λ, so you won't really need him.

Recode first easy 100L characters like Lich Λ, Marilith Λ, Jaguna Λ and Suoh Λ and Camellia Λ as soon as you can.
    Bahl Λ is a great option too: probably the best Physical DPS in the game and you will be able to have Bahl Λ and regular Bahl in the same team eventually.

Recode Alika only if you are going to do Co-op, Sh'berdan if you need him for the Dragon king, and maybe Nia to have a mediocre 100L healer (farming intensifies) because a mediocre 100L healer may be better than no 100L healer.
    I wouldn't recode anyone else. Eileen Λ is awesome when farming Pig Snouts, but you have S'naip Λ, so if you have S'naip O with Palpa Λ (+2CT chain) you don't really need Eileen's time trap ward.

18. CharlesBad

CharlesBad Member

I see! I really have to look at those 100L teams. I have no clue how to get them yet. I should check it up. (and no my Jaguna isn't 100L, the luckiest unit I have is Snaip^ with 10 haha, then Bonna^ with 5)
    What is DDD though?

Ok, understood for Olber. I didn't know he was more used for PvP.
    I will recode Daiana and Bahl (my temporal helixes will go there, I have 14 of them)

I effectively use Snaip O for farming Snouts but I have never dropped any. So maybe I should recode this Alika and get to Co-op haha
    (As for Nia 100L I don't have the patience to farm all she needs in this short period of time) (and I still don't get how it would be done anyway)

Thanks for your both answers!!

19. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

DDD stands for Double Day Drop.

You can get 80L Suoh, 80L Camellia, 70L Lich, 70L Jaguna, 70L Marilith and 100L Seiryu by clearing the PoFoF.
    After that you can recode (or re-recode) all of them but Seiryu (he doesn't have a recode yet).

Quoting the Wiki:

Skill Boost
    Skill boosts from the character are fully (100%) carried over.

A fifth (20%) of the skill boosts from both monsters are also carried over. A monster with 100% skill boost will carry over 20% skill boost, for a total of up to 40% skill boost from both monsters.

The total skill boost carried over from the character and monsters will not exceed 100%.

Luck
    Luck
    from the character is fully (100%) carried over. A fifth (20%) of the Luck from both monsters is also carried over.

If the recoded character is already owned, an additional 5 Luck is added to the recoded character.

The max Luck value of the character is increased to 100. The total Luck carried over will not exceed this value.

You can check the full article here.

20. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

You can't get 100 luck characters until you finish pofof though, keep that in mind