Recomend me a new game :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freelame, Oct 10, 2018.

1. freelame

freelame Active Member

Since this is it for TB1, but I have to play something, can you recomend me a good game to move on? If you like TB you obviously have a good taste, so I trust in your judgement.

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    2-3 months ago I went back to FEH (Fire Emblem Heroes); as for TB after a while it becomes a bit repetitive, but they cover you with free Orbs (to pull characters) and even good event charas.

There are always at least 1-2 events running at the same time (with multiple difficulties and rewards), and almost all of the hardest stages can be cleared with units gained for free (from past events, rotating stages, ... ).

It might not be the best game ever, but is very free to play friendly and, most important, well balanced... I mean, there are also some rare OP units, but my team is composed by units I got FOR FREE and I use it to clear like 80% of the content, included some of the highest level challenges.

If you played it when it came out, know that (as it happend to TB with the Metal Zone) now levelling up your units is a lot easier.

EDIT: Also, people right now are into Dragalia Lost (also from Nintendo), but it doesn't appeal me that much.

When it came out (last december) I played Animal Crossing, a really nice game but with NPCs appearing only at certain hours (e.g. This guy for a "quest" appears from 9AM to 10AM, when I have a meeting, then again at 1AM) you need to be the one adapting to the game, not the opposite.

Don't know if people still play Sdorica, but for how nice it is, it never conquered me.

I'll add more as they come to my mind. (listing only F2P games)

freelame likes this.
  3. freelame

freelame Active Member

Thank you. Will give them a try. Actually I tried FEH when some other people here were talking about it in chat. Did not got me at first play.

4. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Besides from 10 minutes into Radiant Dawn I've never played a FE game; I loved the series of FF Tactics (although playing it now kinda bores me... weird) and I can say that FEH isn't "that" great... I mean, is a F2P game for mobile after all, not a main installment, but it offers a lot of balanced content.

After leaving the game few months after its release I came back once last november/december and played for 2-3 weeks before uninstalling it again. There are chances that you'll get bored soon, not trying to say that is a wonderful game you'll fall in love with, but I appreciate how the game gives you nor only a lot of orbs to pull but also a lot of feathers to evolve any 3 and 4* to a 5* with ease (I can get a new 5* every week or two).

I'll also keep an eye on this thread to see if someone suggests some good F2P games, otherwise I might just play some old classics (Legend of Mana, Chrono Trigger, ... )

EDIT: Can't remember at what point they are, but a Disgaea game is coming out, at least in Japan...

freelame likes this.
  5. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

You looking EN games only, or is JP alright too ?

I mean English-wise, right now Dragalia Lost is a safe bet.

I wouldn't bother with the popular, but older stuff like FGO, FF:EXVIUS, FF:RK, Granblue Fantasy.
    They're 2+ years old, and it shows in UI and gameplay.

freelame likes this.
  6. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

As previously mentioned, Sdorica is not very attention-grabbing despite all its beauty. It is purposely meant to be played casually with no stamina system, a monthly updating main story campaign, occasionally updating permanent challenge campaign (venture quests), and dailies. The only limited things are the occasional actual event and the regular character story events, where they will release a character's background story for the first time and make it an event. After the event is over, the character's story is added to the game permanently and can be accessed once you own that character. "End-game" content consists of the Wonderland Trial or whatever, which is basically TB's weekly challenge, only daily. People who've "finished" the game can spend hours grinding/resetting to get the best scores on WT.

I'd say give it a try. It's pretty low commitment, only problem being the amount of space it takes up.

Dragalia Lost is new, and it's by Nintendo and Cygames, both experienced developers. Seems to be going well so far, but it's pretty grindy, particularly when you start and you seem to have infinite stamina (eventually when you reach high levels you start to really feel that 1 stamina/6 minute regen).

freelame likes this.
  7. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

If you don't mind with "old" and very grindy mobile game, I would say Granblue Fantasy. I played it along with TB since released (only few months gap) until now and still have bright future.

Dragalia Lost maybe the best bet. Nintendo and Cygames collab really caught my attention. Co-op feature maybe the best thing in this game, reminds me how fun back when TB Quick Co-op still available. It follows Granblue Fantasy path with very grindy progression, but so far very worth it.

8. freelame

freelame Active Member

Thank you all for your suggestions. Will give them a try. To be honest prefer something not very time demanding (in therms of dayli quests) and in english. I downloaded Dragaalia (2,5gb ) and Sdorica :)

9. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Oh, I just remembered of another game, Crash Fever. Personally, I consider it one of those games you don't want to be seen playing in public (together with Puzzle and Dragons, Senran Kagura and Fortnite) and during my first -and only- week I had some fun. Is a gatcha game, but you get the stuff you need to pull from playing public multiplayer matches (in a similar way as First Contacts worked on TB, chances are that you'll get bored before getting all your 100 "FC").

I don't trust Square Enix's mobile games that much, as I've seen them shutting down some titles when they started to bring less revenues (still, to the 2yo games Quartzel listed I add the 1.5yo Dissidia Opera Omnia and Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ).

Moving away from the usual F2P there are MMO like Dragon Quest M (together with Luna Mobile and many other ports).

Destiny Knights is another popular gatcha, but games too "complex" (a lot of voices in the menu, action BS, ... ) aren't really my genre.
    The Alchemist Code is a tactical RPG who "recently" got a collab with FFXV, I think that Phanton of the Kill has closed, Pokemon Quest is... from Nintendo (no words on this one), what else... mmm....

(I'm listing random games I remember, I don't consider any of the games I listed as good as TB but maybe they are still ok for someone)

Seriously, games like FF3 (and FF4, eventually) are really nice: light on the battery (or, at least, they where when I played them on my first android phone years ago), autosave when you close the app, and online backups (although with Helium available for Android >= 4.0 you don't have much to fear), consider the idea to buy it.

if someone else has other suggestions please make us know, many of us are now in freelame's situation ;)

EDIT: Lately I'm also re-enjoying the good old Cut the Rope :p

freelame likes this.