Runner Cup

Discussion in 'Events' started by yeezus, Sep 14, 2016.

1. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Any predictions on top tier characters? My guess is Shin'en, Mutoh, and Mizell^... Too bad I have none of those units :(

2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

So basically, whatever the current top characters are?

Top characters as follows:
    Gego^
    Shin'en
    Sn'aip^
    Mutoh
    Mizell
    Mizell^
    Ami^
    Burbaba^​

My prediction is hitting the top 1000 at 1500 points.

Domivi likes this.
  3. Grun

Grun Active Member

Burbaba??

4. Wiitard

Wiitard Member

My first time having a tap character in pvp, anyone care to explain how it works?

5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Taps have 3 charges per encounter that you can use however you like, but in PVP you can only tap once per turn.

Usually seems best not to tap on your first turn because of damage nerf. You should probably tap on turns 2, 3, and 4 because you'll generally have the most characters on those turns or if your tap character dies then at least you got taps.

Be sure your team is built to take advantage of the type of tap (i.e. Gatz, palpa, Shin'en all deal with physical damage, not magical)

In my experience, taps in PVP aren't nearly as impressive as otherwise.

6. Wiitard

Wiitard Member

Ah I'll give it a try anyway, thanks for the info dude,

My team probably be.
    Gatz
    Gegod
    Amiz
    Snaip
    Zolber
    Now here I got shinen or ssnaip but have low sb so I'll see which fits better

7. Léo

Léo Member

If I had all the chars I wanted, I'd go with :
    - Shinen /\
    - Snaip /\
    - Gego /\
    - Ami /\ (Or Olber depending on the gameplay)
    - Mizell /\ (or Mutoh)
    - Suoh /\

Suoh to boost further Shinen and snaip.
    Mizell or Mutoh to kill runners.

Gego and AmiZ (or Olber). Well, because Gego and AmiZ :)

8. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

It's because every status buff has 20% of it's power on first turn and gets 5% more each turn. It means that if you tap on turn 3, you will have 0.3*(0.2+2*0.05) = 0.09, or 9% stat boost, which is about 16% damage boost.

9. LegendaryFrog

I guess the joke fell flat. I figured just mentioning Burbaba was the only punchline needed.

10. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Ok I didn't realize that
    I still think my advice to tap earlier rather than later is pretty sound -- too much stuff happens starting on your second turn.

11. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

There probably isn't any hard and fast rules about this. I'd recommend either using it early if you find yourself at a disadvantage or saving it for later if you find yourself with an early advantage or don't have an opportunity for good multi-pincer set up.

12. LegendaryFrog

It depends. I think if you got all your buffs up in the first two turns, your opponents' characters are weakened or you can get a solid double/triple pincer on turn 3 a tap would be a good idea. If not it might be better to save the taps for when they're stronger later in the match so you can use them when they're more effective. Using a charge on turn 3 when you only get 2 separate pincers will have almost no benefit since you most likely won't be able to down an opponent with a split group or you'll probably overkill them anyway if you double up with the trinity.

13. CulturalGeekGirl

CulturalGeekGirl Active Member

I'll probably go Peyrna, Gatz, Gego, Ami, some Z mage, and Suoh, Even if by some miracle Bonna isn't terrible, the meta is so sword-heavy there doesn't seem to be much point in bringing her over a random Z mage or Peyrna.

14. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

I'm curious to see if S'naip^ will be good from an endurance perspective. His defense isn't much better than regular S'naip and Shin'en/Mutoh/Mizell^ actually have pretty high DEF and strong magic, which might make short work of S'naip^. I hope I'm wrong though, since I don't have Shinen/Mutoh/Mizell^.

15. LegendaryFrog

Sn'aip was always a glass canon and never worked in long, drawn out battles other than Lizard Cup and Bruiser (if you have Olber). His lack of defense doesn't mean much if he can take out 2-3 opponents on turns 3 or 4.

16. CulturalGeekGirl

CulturalGeekGirl Active Member

So far the dominant team in B league has been Z mage teams + Ami^, Sometimes there's a mover like Ellvern, Peyrna, or Andelucia. Otomo are Evolved dragons mostly. Sometimes there's a Snaip^. Shinen and Mutoh seem much more powerful than the old evolved Zs.

P1 has a larger advantage than I've seen in a long time. Physical teams and other teams are viable if they're P1.

Edit: A league is totally different, with more of the expected units: Snaip^, Gego, Gatz, Suoh, etc. I've only played two matches there so far, out of stamina for now.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  17. Loner

Loner Active Member

So for B league it's better to go with physical team? Btw how can you play in A league and then back to play two matches in B? Two different accounts? Or did you mean S? I'm so confused right now :D

18. Sentenza

Sentenza Member

I just arrived in A league. Easy run on B league with full and vintage Magical Team (Zerro ^, Lewto ^, Pizfer ^, Jennish ^, Ami ^, Sam ^).
    Only 1 defeat for the first fight, then 5 wins in a row :happy:
    Of course i need to make a few changes in my team now, for the A League!
    Good luck everybody!

19. sFDs

sFDs New Member

> Le me just started this game a few days ago

> Saw PvP event

> Enter B class with lv 20+ chars ranged C-A+1 SS char

> Expecting a fellow newbies

> Got slaughtered by a whole Z team

> Meh

> Gonna ignore this event

cjguitarman likes this.
  20. LegendaryFrog

Leagues are separated by level cap and not by party strength or veteran status (I guess that's too hard to code?). B league caps at lv 25, A league at 65 and S has no level cap. Most recoded units have a serious advantage because they can use their base unit's lv 65 abilities at lv 1 and lv 20 (2 open skill slots). This is obviously devastating and makes B league impossible for some. I would recommend you level your units to lv 25 in all jobs and wait until at least Tuesday before jumping in. At that point most people that are interested in PvP and have a full roster of Z units have already moved on to A and S leagues. You'll come across other players in the same boat as you (although some will still be full Zs), but since you don't lose points for a loss in B league you can make your way to A league through pure attrition. Getting to A league nets you 2 energy and a CoT ticket both of which are excellent for someone in your position to acquire. I won't sugar coat it... it'll be rough, but it can be done.

cjguitarman likes this.