SBing and general energy managment

Discussion in 'General' started by Nyquist, May 28, 2016.

1. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

I was wondering how do people without iap proceed. I currently have finished skillboosting all my characters and don't have any more units left. I have all A's and B's complete and am on the golden road.

Technically I could wait till my energy tikcles up to 30 and make one big draw, but while waiting I have nothing pretty much left to do. Do the skillboosters buy energy when in such a pinch or do you just wait?

Do you do something else? I am pretty much open to suggestions of what other stuff I could do.

2. Kupo

Kupo Active Member

I also am SBing S & SS characters.

I pull as soon as I can in order to have 6 to 10 characters under 100%. I train them all 6 at a time in 6-8 or the 4 stages that drop stars for 1 stamina. With the weekly challenge, the PvP events and all the others events at this time, it is nearly 2 pulls a week.

In particular, the last two events allow me to pull Zerro, Rejin, Olber, and Rejin again after having recoding him.

It would have been perfect if for the Z increased chance event, I pulled somebody else than... Zejin !

3. Syntax

Syntax New Member

Personally, I would wait. I'm surprised that you were able to burn through your entire energy stockpile while SB'ing;, but in my experience, energy becomes a resource that builds up with little to spend it on (I do a couple of the 10-draws when the CoT event rolls around).

Assuming you've already done the eidolons, you could always see if there are any job-up items that you are lacking for future characters that you have not pulled yet-- Excalibur, Gungnir, Vajra, Asclepius and possibly recode items are some such examples.

Since you're on golden road, you may decide to recode any gold pulls you're able to for the +40% SB gain. Seeing what monsters need to be leveled, helixes, and even more recode items are some things you can look into farming.

I'm sure that by the time you've prepared for the characters you're going to get later, you can pull at least 3 of them.

And if nothing else, you can get metal tickets. You're going to need lots of them.

4. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

I think I had a special case. I had done sbing for a long time, thus I got burnt out and when I left terra for the first time I was missing only a few golds to sb and 6-9 silvers. Obviously I didn't bother for a very long time to even collect any energy. In the end when I came back I had only 32 energy left and the quadruple Zerro pull pretty much limited my ability to sb many characters.

I am not sure I really want to recode. I have only yukken available for recode.

I think the good point is that we can explore in this thread what one can do once one has nobody left to sb.

5. Jmchang

Jmchang Member

Like you said yourselves, you had a special case.
    Since on average we get 1.08 energy per day from just playing everyday, not counting pvp and event bonus energy. Most people who SB will accumulate enough energy to pull at least a couple of new characters before they're done with everyone in their current roster. So normally, people in your situation will be pulling for new characters and SBing them already.

As of what can you do when there're no more character to SB, here is what I can think of:
    1. if you haven't done so already, go to http://tbs.desile.fr/ and enter your character and item info. Don't forget to thank Matthieu for his hard work.
    2. Figure out what items are you missing to unlock jobs for the characters you've yet to pull.
    3. Farm those items ideally during double drop day.
    4. Farm metal tickets during double drop day.
    5. Level your characters to 90 in 34-10 or anywhere else you prefer.
    6. Play current event if you think you are ready to take on the dragon kings.
    7. Farm coins during the weekend if you're thinking of getting into otomos, a.k.a infinite money pit.
    8. Answering question on the forum because you're bored.
    9. ...
    10. ..
    11. .
    12. Profit...?
    It's a lot of farming I know, but that's what Terra Battle end game looks like. So pace yourself and have fun.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Sean Bond and cjguitarman like this.
  6. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

Hey,

I was there pretty much when the app by Matthieu was launched so most of my info on that app is up to date. The dragon king events are also done for me I have finished farming them for what I needed.

Seems like pretty much farming for the new job items and maybe farming otomos is the only real thing left to do.

7. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

@Nyquist I think I remember you from back then. There are few of us left on the forums now.
    Pffft! ... What!?

8. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

you can also grind 34-10 for MM^

9. Bexuanmai

Bexuanmai New Member

Could you please tell me where is best place to farm coin ? I tired of playing 20-1 ( already more than 500 days )

10. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

@P'sh yeah it has been a while. Usually we come for a short while and then we leave again.

@Bexuanmai I think it depends on what you are looking for. I think for time efficiency most probably coin creeps are the best. Stamina efficiency might be one of the new 1 stam stages such as 5-8. Hard to tell. Pure coin farm without sbeing, leveling or item farming seems kind of bad. But I haven't done the math.

11. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Time for some math! We'll use 25 stamina as a baseline since you've been using 20-1. We'll also use the minimum values (no Zeera or Bajanna modifiers).

5.8 is the best place for coins now since it costs only 1 stamina and nets you 589 coins.
    589 coins per 1 stamina.
    589 * 25 stam = 14,725 total for 25 stamina

20-1 nets you 3788 for 25 stamina
    3788 / 25 = 151.52 coins per 1 stamina.
    3788 total for 25 stamina

34-10 nets you 1473 + a MM^ which sells for 3000. 1473+3000 = 4473 Coins per run
    4473 / 24 = 186.375 coins per 1 stamina
    186.375 * 25 = 4659.375 coins for 25 stamina

Coin Creeps 3 is a bit more variable as you can earn anywhere from 7-10k coins per run and is only available on the weekends (usually). We'll use an average of 8500 coins.
    8500 / 20 = 425 coins per 1 stamina
    425 * 25 = 10,625 coins for 25 stamina

As we can see the best place for money is 5.8, but it's a slow grind and yields the best results over a long period of time. Coin creeps is faster and the value of CCs doubles during half stamina arena events netting you 850 coins per 1 stamina for CC III. Most people have just used Coin Creeps for money since item farming for recodes and jobs will supplement your income and can often lead to much more wealth than you'd initially think (I remember farming helixes used to take days). I

If you're looking to clear the PoF remember that each monster recruited in a stage is effectively worth 3000 coins since that's how much the same SB gets you from the pact plus you also get what the chapter normally nets you in money so it can be much more cost effective to farm those monster drops in chapters 1-5 which all cost 1 stamina.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    cjguitarman, P'sh, wrongnotes and 2 others like this.
  12. Bexuanmai

Bexuanmai New Member

@LegendaryFrog: thank you for your information. I already finish PoF, now I need money to upgrade some companions ( white tiger / new dragons )

13. Loner

Loner Active Member

Coin Creeps will appear soon with half stamina at the arena so you might want to consider that, if you don't want to do 5-8 over and over.