Service discontinuation for France, Germany, Spain and England

Discussion in 'General' started by Alens, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Sentenza

Sentenza Member

Hi everybody, long time no come here...

I should have prefer come back for an happier reason, but it seems today Sakaguchi just sent me (and to all other european players) a nice "f*ck you all european TB players and thank you for the money, so long", without any details after more than 3 years playing, a PoT completed, connecting every day and invested huge money in this game...

I will wait till monday to send a message to the support, and i wanted to propose to all people who would like to join me for this to send me their nicknames IG+ their code game (you know, this famous code with 5 letters) by private message. Here is what i will send:

"Dear support,

After more than 3 years and celebrating today my 1 150th logging day, i discovered this morning that Terra Battle is going to shut down for all European players on the october 31th.

Obviously, i am very sad that this amazing game won't be no more available in my country, although i could easily understand that it is an inherent event for every video game, to start, to live, and finally...to die.

But what makes me even sad, but also very angry and disappointed, is that Terra Battle is not completly vanishing: it will continue to be playable for Asian and American players...so why Europeans players should be penalised by an unfair decision once again?

I was hardcore player to Terra Battle, i completed all characters in Pact of Truth, i played every PvP Cup, every week i play to Weekly Challenge, every day i play to Daily Quests, and i invested huge money in your game.

And why have i done all of this? Just to receive a few sentences message in game this morning, just telling me "ok thank you for playing, poor European player, but it is over"?

Are you aware of the pool of French, German, Italian or Spanish fans that you will let down with your decision?

I guess there is not thousands of players remaining on this game, but what will happen for us after october 31th? We won't be able to play anymore to our favorite game? But why?

I don't ask you to change your decision, i guess it is too late for this, i am just asking for more consideration from you.

And to proove you that i am not alone, you will find here the other players who approve my message and just wanted to join me to express their disappointment:

XXXXX XXXXX XXXX XXXXXX

Kindest regards,"

Blacksun likes this.
  2. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    It's clearly stated that outside of the "service countries", you shouldn't be able to play (unless from a vpn :D ). I guess Italy isn't important enough to be listed or maybe they only have a single player there.

Anyway, I find this decision very disturbing, because I thought we were all connected to the same server / database. So they'll either :
    - don't change that and we'll be able to play with an apk
    - restrict ip so we'll need a vpn (not way for me)
    - publish new version with a new server address, and anything can happen we'll see

3. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Game wasn't available in Italy. Silver always played from an APK.

Countries are Germany, France, Spain and England

I recomend that if you really want to send your email @Sentenza to change "Italian" to "English" players

4. Sentenza

Sentenza Member

Copy that ;)

Rydia likes this.
  5. Ficus

Ficus Member

I suspect that they remove french/german/spain due to translation. However I do not understand why they would remove Englad, except if they have some European servers they want to remove.

I have been playing with an apk from day one (the game is in english), before TB was released in Europe. I hope I can continue playing, as well as using my purchased energy: I have 90 purchased energy so far, and I saw that with TB2 they were available to refund the purchased energy. This does not look the same in TB1.

Also, it sucks their game strategy: they decided to abadon the game and release a crappy new one (TB2) instead of continuing supporting the original one and implementing new content for the game: there are android games that go on for years without the need to release any new game/title. Such a poor strategic view from MW.

6. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Joke's on you, from what I know the numbers are at least twice as larger than you estimated, and with an afternoon of work I can even triple this value. Our is a fast-growing market and MW made a huge mistake by leaving it behind.

Said so, the idea of closing the doors to the Europeans is something I can understand as it brings to less costs for the support (note that we don't have ES/FR/DE translations since a long time by now) and maybe... to less legal fees or something (?? when the game came out I remember I read that it should have been released one week later in IT because of legal issues, that's why I'm mentioning it, but I'm ignorant in this field), but the fact that we are not allowed not just to buy, but even to USE OUR Energy is damn weird and don't know how to explain it.

If they could update the number of Companions that can be kept by rising it to 900 or something I could at least do one last big pull by using my 350+ Companion Tickets and 390+ Energy I currently have... that would be nice, but by looking at the poor way they decided to kill TB2 NA without even setting up a Rate Up event or anything doesn't make me particularly faithful.

@Tharos you know how much I hate to ask people for favours, but if MW will release an update could you please be so kind to give it a look for us? If they'll force the update to everyone there's not much we can do to avoid to install the new version, but if they'll forget to do so and add some kind of weird feature to avoid EU players from using/acquiring Energy maybe we can gain some time and pull for more Units/Companions before its definitive closure.

7. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Disturbing news, I was never part of the Service Countries (Colombia south america) and use the APP using a USA Apple Store account, so if they block ban non service countries I am done for, I am not using a VPN for this game either, I guess all the time and effort we put into this game was for naught....

I still have my fingers crossed so I can at least keep playing and there is no IP ban. My POT is completed as of now, imagine how much time I have put into this game to get face slapped by MW all of the sudden.

The question remains, why MW?

8. kuhaku

kuhaku Member

I suppose this answers the question if the dumpsterfire that was TB2 would lead MW to
    A) redistribute (parts of) their attention back to TB1, to nurture what little install base their brand still has and use that as a basis to promote what's next to come for TB.
    or B) being forced to finally drop TB1 support (partially or altogether), and bank on people supporting what ever new title they can come up with, after damaging their brand and install base this badly.

Seeing how TB1 was on creative life support for months already, the small team MW can work with and their performance on the mobage market so far, I fear I'm not particularly surprised they didn't go with A). As much as the announcement makes it sound otherwise, I wouldn't count on TB1 seeing the end of the year in the rest of the world either, as they nail the main problem in their first sentence:

While this simply might be poor wording and/or a pretext to cut costs for European support, it's not like this key issue is a regional problem (thanks to global servers and apk) or something likely to change. It seems unlikely that they'd pull what little resources EU play require, possibly even regio-ban those players and then come up with some "TB1 Reborn" revitalizing the US/JP markets and bringing back incentives to play/rejoin TB1. So all efforts to prolong the play in some way or other feel... optimistic and seemingly singling out EU regions sounds more like we're the first to get the bad news, just like they rolled in the carpet for TB2 bit by bit. Wouldn't be all that surprising, as "community" posts are likely in different hands for all the legal implications alone.

Can't say this isn't regrettable news, given that I had some surprisingly good times with TB1. But seeing Mistwalker's inapt struggle with the mobile gaming market from pretty much day one, failing to utilize so many mobage staples, while at the same time not nurturing the actually GOOD ideas they had for their IP, this is a sad but logical outcome that does not surprise me anymore.

I'd say "Better luck next time.", but in MW's case its arguably less about luck and more about "Please just don't make a mobile game if you have no idea what to do with a mobile game.". Looking at what we've been shown from Terra Wars so far, I'm afraid I remain not very optimistic about that and MW's immediate commercial success.

9. tobsy

tobsy Well-Known Member

If my goodwill in MW as a company was remaining after the TB2 debacle, it's certainly diminished now, and my image of them has gone over to the negative side overall. TB1 should have been untouchable. Now they've opened the door to possibly discontinuing TB1 completely in the near future. What a damn waste. Sakaguchi needs to abandon his 9 titles dream and just focus on getting ONE right, instead of treating them all like throw-away titles. He has to treat it like it's the last game he'll ever make. Which is what he did with Final Fantasy. Combine Terra Wars with Terra Battle 3 and just make it 1 awesomely polished game. There aren't enough Terra fans to give a shit about 2 separate titles. GOD.

10. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

@Sentenza , I think it s better if every people copy your message/writte a similar one and sent it with the form than one message sent by the forum community.

11. Sentenza

Sentenza Member

@Ael : Up to you! If you want to use my message by yourself or even change some words or improve it, no problem ;).

I have already found a few other french players who will sign my "petition", so everybody is welcome to help us to make ear our (very weak) voice.

But like some other of you, i feel like something has been broken with MW this morning...after all time and energy i spent in TB1 during 3 years, to be considered like this makes me think that i will no longer play MW games...

dechyril likes this.
  12. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

This does not bode well for the other servers, given TB2’s trajectory. The Broad of the Mists disappearing was an ill omen, and what I’ve seen of Terra Wars does not compel me.

Has there been any word lately on their oft-promised console game (though to be honest, I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable paying MW for anything now)?

13. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

After also around 1300 days, including 1100 consecutive days, I can say the lesson from this is that I'm never going to invest that much time and money in any MW game ever. I'm sorry but their decision is not understandable. I know we're a small share of the playerbase but I'm sure the cost to maintain the service for us is very low. Support is in English, not localized, translations are a joke in the rare cases when they exist, the game is not real time and doesn't require a big server. Cutting these costs doesn't justify sending your playerbase the message that when they spend time or money on your games, one day it may be sent to the trash.

14. CappCorp

CappCorp Active Member

Are we ? I'd really like some figures here but from what it seems, most of the people from the forum are European, I don't think the US part is bigger than the EU one.

15. Richmond

Richmond New Member

Hi folks, I joined the forum today just to share that, after 1206 login days, I feel like all of you.
    Maybe not pissed, but really, really sad.

I agree with TriggerHurt, and I don't think either that maintaining one of their automated server for a handful of remaining European players would cost that much either.
    We don't need support, we don't need the app to be available on the Play Store, we just need an APK and not to be blacklisted.
    Of course, if they plan to progressively discontinue the game worldwide, or simply get rid of the English translation, there is nothing we can do about it.
    But at least, maybe, they could simply have stopped the updates and left the game running on an automated event calendar, or something. It would cost a few servers on the cloud, not much more...

@Sentenza you can count me in your player list (Richmond).
    I don't know what is the code game you are referring to, though. And I was told by the game not to share my Inquiry ID, so I guess that's not that.

Sentenza likes this.
  16. MonoReaper

MonoReaper New Member

It was a pleasure to play with all of you.
    Its a damn shame that MistWalker either cant affort to continue the service or doenst want to contiue the international servers. I love this game. It was my first mobile game i ever played Q_Q

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  17. Liveless

Liveless New Member

This disaster is primarily why I have avoided the mobile market as a whole ever since it entered the gaming industry. I gave Terra Battle a chance all the way back in 2014 because its style was designed perfectly for the platform, had an excellent progression system, absolutely gorgeous character art, and was created by Hironobu Sakaguchi. I played TB1 for nearly 4 years (on and off, not consecutively). But not only has nearly every single developer (regardless of their caliber, even at the level of Mistwalker) failed to keep their product updated with modern phone hardware, they have failed to keep their games alive and running in the years to come. I understand if they cannot cover server costs for the title anymore, but why not simply create an offline mode so players can keep their accounts and all the innumerable hours of grinding in the game? After this, I will never, ever play another mobile game again. Especially Terra anything. Even Blizzard has struggled to keep Hearthstone working correctly on the mobile side, and they're frickin' Blizzard.

18. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Given how dead the game was already and how TB2 went down, I'm expecting a full shutdown in all regions by the end of the year. TB as a franchise, and likely MW's mobage ambitions, will probably be dead, so I'm surprised they are still working on Terra Wars.

Sentenza likes this.
  19. Alice in the wonderland

Alice in the wonderland New Member

my only game that i play, it’s so sad. 1300 days login. thank you everyone for such fun time. i would really miss you guys and my favorite game.

Ph B and Zyron like this.
  20. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

I would not call it dead until there is an announcement of closure of all the servers but it is obviously going downhill. Other than translations what was needed to keep EU afloat? I thought there was only one server and it was in JP?

Then again the TB2 debacle could have been more costly than I imagined. Taking a whole franchise down....