Service discontinuation for France, Germany, Spain and England

Discussion in 'General' started by Alens, Aug 23, 2018.

1. haloo

haloo Member

I've played TB since the game started, stop 2 years and comeback for about 500days, get my RR on 400th day, on goldenroad 2 week later and now I only have 8 more SS chars to get on rainbow road. I keep grind LB for a hope of getting Amina, but not sure if I will continous now :(
    Still login to get energy though

2. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

Ok, its over. I have uninstalled the game. Hours and hours of invested game time as well as hundreds of dollars spent just went down the crapper. The game was incredibly fun at times,the best mobile game I have ever played, but really sucked towards the end, so in a way I´m feeling relieved that this "burden" has been finally taken off of me. At the same time I feel sad and depressed. Weird, isnt it?

Would I give Terra Battle 3 a shot if it ever came out here? Maybe. But I think I would never spent a lot of money on a MW title or any other mobile game for that matter again. What about Terra Wars? No comment. :panda: No, seriously, the game looks "arkward" to say the least :penguin:.

So good bye everyone and remember the good times we had with this once incredible game.

R.I.P. Terra Battle (2014 - 2018) :dead:

3. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:

BlackSama likes this.
  4. Sentenza

Sentenza Member

@Richmond : thank you, i will send the message on monday and i will add your name.
    The code which i am talking about is the 5 letters code that you can see in the Weekly Challenge rankings for example. Every player has a 5 letters code ;)

5. lostrune

lostrune New Member

To our European friends, so long and thanks for all the fish and matches. Don't be a stranger.

6. creenson8

creenson8 New Member

Game ID:HappySun
    Login Days:1372
    so disppointed to hear the news,though i maybe just do some login works everyday and hope for the update everyday,i found tb has be a part of my life.Whatever,i will always love this game,my partner,my PVP opponent!:love:

Claywtf likes this.
  7. creenson8

creenson8 New Member

It sounds so sad:arghh:

8. Kyru

Kyru New Member

I'm disappointed as well but this game is one of best game I've ever played, furthermore with a great community <3 (rare these days). Everything has a end... But playing TB was really fun and I'll be keeping a nice recollection of this game. Farewell Terra Battle

9. Eblis

Eblis Member

I'm in the States, so keeping my fingers crossed that MW will keep up support here, but wanted to me-too what everyone's said here so far. Condolences to the EU fans, and I hope that MW finds either a way to keep things going there or at least lets players go out with a bang. A month of playing with upped rates or some such would be a decent way to go.

I'm not sure if MW keeps an eye on these forums or not, but if there's a way to get a voice from them offering any explanation, it would obviously be appreciated. If it boils down to EU revenue not balancing upkeep costs, any word on what it would take to maintain? Alternative solutions for players there? I liked the suggestion above of an offline mode - if they do sunset in the States too, I would love to be able to come back to the game casually in years to come.

Regardless - so sorry to everyone affected by this, and I hope MW finds a way to make it work out. Even though I was a silent lurker here for my first year or so of TB, I've really appreciated all of the guides and input from the EU community.

10. Lianna

Lianna Member

For what it's worth, the English news post is a sloppy translation. The Japanese says they're ending service in France, Germany, Spain and the UK specifically because they've deemed it difficult to continue providing satisfactory service in those countries:

フランス、ドイツ、スペイン、イギリスにおいて、今後お客様にご満足いただけるサービスの提供を続けることが困難であると判断したため、日本時間 2018年10月31日(水)午前9時00分をもちまして、フランス、ドイツ、スペイン、イギリスにおけるサービスを終了させていただくこととなりました。

That said, I agree this may only be a step toward shutting down service worldwide if they decide the game is no longer lucrative enough. :/

11. izari verdi

izari verdi Member

I would be surprised if this isn't a prequel to the end of the game. Consider how they had months of silence before suddenly shutting down the global TB2 servers, and then how they shut down the Japanese ones shortly thereafter. If they wanted to keep TB1 alive they needed to provide new content to provide confidence to their customers that they should still be investing in the game. Instead we've gotten a bunch of recycled content and a sudden notice that they're axing the game for a portion of the player base. Mistwalker may not be intending to shut down TB1, but they're setting up an environment where no one is going to want to risk their money on the game. In the end they're setting in motion a self fulfilling prophecy that's going to force them to shut down the game. And after this, I don't know who they expect to support them in the future...

It's a pity, because there are some parts about TB that they did really well. But for the most part the game has become a classic example of a company mismanaging things at every step of the way.

12. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Pretty glad I stopped forest luck farming months ago, when it was obvious TB2 was dead and TB1 might follow.

To be fair, game is almost 4 years old.
    I think 2 years for any game is enough, and that's when they should start a sequel.
    Problem is that we had a shitty sequel.

13. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

The problem is not really that TB is shutting down, after all it has run its course and was no longer attracting nor retaining players, but the way MW has handled the shutdown. Casually announcing the shutdown so abruptly with little more than a customary word apology, clearly with the intent of milking what profits they could until the last moment. Not even a few weeks ago they were running the Hope pacts, despite that they had probably already made the decision to shut down in Europe.

MW is not the first to handle the end of a mobage like this, and really this kind of ripoff is standard with gacha games(a toxic genre), but still we expected better of MW.

14. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I heard something in Discord about changes in EU mobile app policy? Is it true, and maybe it has something to do with that?

15. Hamish

Hamish New Member

I'm pretty disspointed in this news especially after I just bought expansion pack Feno in the pact of hope. Pointless playing now and I was so close to rainbow road . Does anybody have any over mobile games they could recommend?

16. Davandprisca

Davandprisca Member

ID : Davandprisca
    Consecutive login : 1416
    .....bye and tks everybody

Claywtf likes this.
  17. dechyril

dechyril New Member

Fuck :(

Is there any way to play as an Amercian player ?
    Using a VPN ? Or sometingf else ?
    I dont want to stop TB !
    Only 1391 day is not ENOUGHT

18. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

19. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Although is not the same as reaching the 3M goal, as you know we already had a concert featuring the musics from Terra Battle. What is definitively more annoying is that although many of you guys might still be able to see the 2.9M Opera Quest coming, that there are chances for us to not be allowed to play it (Silicon Studio cut us off from celebrating the 1st Anniversary of TB2 with the Asian players after all, I won't be surprised if they'll release the Opera Quest later on).

Sigh... I'll keep on farming Companion Tickets till the end anyway, stocking 400+ of them is still an achievement I'd be happy to capture and show... somewhere.

20. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

They announced the ending of the EU support and REMOVED the app from the stores the same day. This is NOT good customer service.
    They will probably be work arounds, and hopefully MW server code doesn't strictly check the country origin of the game (i m hoping they just check the app itself and not the actual location of the player).

The data transfers may not work after Oct.31st, so download the US version of the app and do your transfers now on a secondary device. Then you should be "safe" for the time being.

Weekly challenge is about to get easier to rank ... If they MW does shut out the non-service players it will kill the motivation for many of us here, who love to Coop with our European and other current "non-service country" players.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnfinishedInbornDunlin-small.gif