Should the lack of content be concerning?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Mark

Mark New Member

Do we know if this game will be supported?
    I understand they are adding co-op mode and a couple of quests for summons, but it is concerning that there are no special dungeons, no planned rotation for special events etc, there is basically nothing to do compared to other games like PAD etc... and that is a pity, because this game would have a lot of potential.
    Did Mistwalker mention about any future short-term plans to keep the game alive? I was really excited about this game, but I start feeling there is not much ahead.

2. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I think you are making an incorrect comparison.

I started playing PaD about 2-3 months later than all early adopters and even at that time, I remember that it was very mundane. There were very few things to do, there were not most of the advanced stuff we have at this point (awakenings, etc.), and we would get 1 event per month, if we were lucky.

TB has just reach 100 days, if you don't count the Canada beta test. Considering that they have a very small team of developers (some say 1), I think it is incorrect to expect content to come up from TB as fast as PaD.

As long as you haven't completed PoT, there are still things you can do in the game. Even if you complete PoT, there are things you can do in the game (see @G Malo).

lacivon, Kozue, illusionastic and 3 others like this.
  3. Exitium666

Exitium666 Active Member

I really want more chapters more than anything. If they want to add something that wouldn't require a lot more development, maybe just throw in a ng+ for the 30 chapters that already exist?

That in itself would help a bit. Otherwise, yeah I want more events, dungeons too but I get that it's a small team (really, just one developer?).

4. Drewbiepie

Drewbiepie Well-Known Member

Considering TB is an actual strategy game (unlike PAD lol) and mechanics need to be designed and coded in instead of varying numbers being thrown up, I'd say TB's doing a freaking good job at pushing out content for a free-to-play. You're basically trying to compare it to Candy Crush With Monsters, which really isn't fair.

G Malo, Twintails and Kivanc like this.
  5. stomach ache

stomach ache Active Member

kinda early though? PAD has been out for ages

6. Neoteny

Neoteny Member

I'm not worried about it.

7. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Considering Mistwalker is still keeping us updated about upcoming updates and content, I don't see why we should be concerned right now. If Mistwalker was quiet the last few months, then yeah the concern would be warranted

8. Taban

Taban Member

I'm not really concerned that MW is going to stop working on stuff, I am slightly concerned that the lack of content is going to have some players give up. I know most of the hardcore players around here will stick around, but a lot of the less hardcore tend to quit when there aren't constant events to keep them grinding away. That said the game is still new and I'm sure they're still trying to figure out the best way to create and deliver content quickly, so hopefully we'll get new stuff soon.

9. G Malo

G Malo Terra Battler

Medals:
    Unless you dump a crapload of money and time into this game then there should be plenty of stuff to keep busy. I am possibly the closest to completion and even I have a few things left to do.

Booster Gold and ?????? like this.
  10. Taban

Taban Member

You're kind of the exception =p most people aren't going to continue to grind every character to max, they'll beat the current content and do whatever event is open.

Exitium666 likes this.
  11. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

I remember PAD when all there was was the weekly elemental dungeons. And you couldn't do those dungeons unless you had an auto-healer (Siren) and a (element) resist lead. That was it for extra content when you finished the story.

And the occasional - once a month, Hera.

PAD was a lot worse on the grinding (for levels).

I haven't played for a while, but content does take a while to produce. And for the majority of PAD (since I quit before awakenings arrived), the gameplay was exactly the same, you matched orbs. The only strategy was single target, or AoE, and the occasional stalling.

But I do understand concerns about the lack of content, as players get characters leveled (it's faster in this game to get a character in 3 jobs to 70, than it is to get a 4m character to 99 in PAD). Players wonder what characters to level, since we don't know what's upcoming in terms of events.

However, I felt like that Odin coming + Bahamut Ultra for New Years was too many events in a short period, as people scramble to get a team together for the event. We don't usually know an event is coming until the day before, but at least events last 10 days so players can prepare.

I wish there would be more, but I'm pretty busy leveling all my characters, and SBing them. Plus I still need to finish the PoF. Differences in what you want to do.

I guess players want an incentive to level a powerful character, instead of leveling up multiple teams to be able to do events.

Matthieu and Decayedhero like this.
  12. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Skill boosting is boring and annoying, but the thrill of pulling a gold Card using the pacts is what keeps me playing this game, I also like level grind and item hunt. They seriously need to add some way to skill boost like a event or something, currently it is outright tedious.

Exitium666 likes this.
  13. NinthGhost

NinthGhost Well-Known Member

Medals:
    They are giving out so much free energy if you follow their updates and events and basically that is free SB. Compulsive SB grinding is not how the developers intend player to do, the players like me who do so don't complain because i know it's "my fault" i decide to grind SB.

I do rant about it some of the time but i keep it to my rant thread.

Exitium666 likes this.
  14. Chev4

Chev4 Active Member

Sb boosting to 100% is your choice, but for regular players, we need our characters to be at least at 20% to be reliable in events or higher for capsule users(like 50+%), and getting there is very tedious/insane (especially on new pulls).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  15. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Sorry man but your post doesn't make any sense.

"I understand they're still working on new modes for the game" kind of contradicts yourself.
    "No special dungeons" You must mean besides the 3 (4 kind of) that they've already put out, in 100 days.

I don't think this kind of concern is warranted at all at this point. Let's see what the next 100 days brings.

G Malo likes this.
  16. metatime

metatime Member

We just had an event with 3 new end game bosses a few weeks ago.... lol

17. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

The problem is that some people are playing this full-time like some crazy MMO or console game, when it's meant to be played in short burst.

18. Exitium666

Exitium666 Active Member

The problem is that it's hard to not want to play it so much when the chapters are so much fun to go through. When the story is new and there is a new dungeon, it's really damn addicting.

The hardcore grinding though I can't do though. I think it would ruin the game for me.

In conclusion best mobile game ever.

Matthieu likes this.
  19. Tbconquest

Tbconquest New Member

Man I just mix it up and do whatever I feel like doing for the day, whether it be SB, hunting zones, leveling or treasure hunting. If I get frosty I throw a little cash at the game and gamble. Considering the amount of monsters and the roughlyFF based event monsters, I'm sure there will be more to come. I mean they've only covered two elements(Bahamut &Leviathan) and Odin for Physical. I'm sure they've got a lot more up there sleeves in store. Plus versus and co-op. I mean cmon! I'm probably a shred below what some would consider hardcore, but I'm doing my time cuz I enjoy multiple aspects of this game. Which for me hasn't happened since FF Tactics first released. I for one am optimistic!:D

OlanDurai likes this.
  20. Acero

Acero Active Member

i can understand what u r saying, cos i felt the same way some weeks ago, when i finished the history and beat the events.

The problem its that, like @Quartzel said, you cant not think this like a MMO, its a game to stay 1 hour a day (unless you are willing to grind for hours) and no more, wich its very nice for me¡¡

Andf besides, they are releasing a lot of nice content quite fast¡ Dont be hard on them, lets see what happens in the next 50 days or so...