Should the lack of content be concerning?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Flippy

Flippy Member

Nothing to worry, mate. Just play as usual :cool:

2. Legna

Legna Member

Right now I don't have a problem with the lack of content but I would like MW to incread the SB% max gain, it doesn't have to be easier but an higher cap allows for example to avoid the 1-5 grind for a 20-1 grind ( less boring for me )

3. Axelar

Axelar New Member

Hi, what is PaD ?

4. Eiji

Eiji Active Member

PaD is abbreviated for Puzzle and Dragons, another mobile game.

5. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Not seeing happening. 20-1 is like the best place for almost everything in the game: second best gold after weekend, best XP/stamina, have access to tons of common items and 3 rare ores. I seriously doubt that MW will also make it the second (or best) place for skill boost grind, letting you get everything in one run.

I mentioned this several times: MW is probably already regretting that you can get SB from the first Chapter. First Chapter is supposed to be a tutorial that should be played once; therefore it costs 1 stamina per stage. Spamming it almost non-stop to gain a huge amount of SB is probably not good for MW's profits (not saying that this is their goal, but all companies want some profits).

The only reason they are not changing this, that I can think of, is that because they acknowledge there is only a few percentage of people that are willing to go this route, especially in a hardcore fashion. So, they are willing to give extra benefits to this small population.

The way they put the metal zones to the arena and made it accessible through metal tickets, I think we might be seeing special skill boost events in the future. For example, 50 stamina quest, very simple, only available for an hour (or day) and gives up to 2% SB per character (instead of 0.2% SB per character). The idea is to encourage using energy for refreshes and give advantage to more paying people. I am not saying that we will definitely get an event like this, all I am saying is that it would make more sense for MW's profit goals, rather than increasing the existing skill boost cap.

Vagou and Asklepios like this.
  6. Legna

Legna Member

Right, an urgent dungeon just for SB even if costly would be a great idea.

7. Flippy

Flippy Member

Yeah. The worst part after reaching end game is skill boosting units to avoid getting dupes. It is too tiring man

8. quazi44

quazi44 Member

As far as the topic question goes, I'd say the lack of content is "disappointing" more than "concerning" at this point. I think it would really help allay concerns if they had a fixed schedule for events, even if it was every month. And why not rotate through the special tears/particles dungeons while we've got nothing else going on? I understand they're a small operation and the quality of the game has been great so far, I'm not trying to complain as much as I did, I'm just excited for more content!

9. metatime

metatime Member

I don't think I seen a F2P mobile game that have all of the story content release all at once, usually they do it in section but Mistwalker is pretty cool to release 30

10. Hiro

Hiro New Member

PAD was like shit when it first release, doesn't even have exp dragon like now lol

11. Ch1nGFuX

Ch1nGFuX Member

Don't forget that the next Downlaod Starter milestone at 1.5M features a new story scenario designed by Yasumi Matsuno! Keep your hopes up and keep playing!

12. RabidKitten

RabidKitten Active Member

I agree about NG+, it wouldn't take much dev time at all to just add a + button next to each area after you beat the game. Then just super charge all the enemies and make it so that every boss is super hard. I would really like to play some of the games more interesting bosses built for maximum challenge.

13. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Would you do it if there were no reward?

If not, what would the reward have to be to for you to play it? If it's a challenge, does that mean you clear it once? Most players are driven by loot when it comes to quests. How well balanced does it have to be? Can anyone with a Lv70 team clear it, or do you need/want certain characters? Can you still clear it without those characters?

Also, players are always limited by stamina, what's so good about it, to let the player spend stamina on this new hard dungeon instead of something easier?

There are so many decisions and how it affects gameplay when new content is added and old content becomes obsolete.

Your solution is probably quite easy to implement, but how would it affect player behavior? Would they get bored as well, more immersed, or feel the game is too hard? There's more types of players than those who are passionate about the game to post suggestions in a forum such as this.

Kivanc likes this.
  14. Vagou

Vagou Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Yes but you really need to be hardcore to go down that route. if they increased the cap to 0.3 or 0.5 it would make much more sense to grind 20-1 or just the normal campaign stages as one often hits the 0.2 cap.
    I'd love a dungeon that gives increased chance to SB along with an increased cap - that'd be a real & enjoyable incentive to SB rather than doing brainless 1-5 all day long.

15. NinthGhost

NinthGhost Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I'd think any other mechanic for substantial SB gain other than Pact pulls are highly unlikely :D

16. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    I was gonna respond to that too, but just let it be. I agree though - "regret" is a bit too strong a word in that case. Only a hardcore minority would bother boosting characters to 100% just to remove them from the Pact of Truth pool. The reality is that boosting skill to 100% is way too cumbersome, and that this process would need to be done over fifty times just to collect all the characters available as of now.

Chev4 likes this.
  17. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I still disagree with the premise that skill boosting a character to 100% is too cumbersome, but I guess everyone is okay to have their own opinions on this. I suggest not continuing this discussion, at least in this thread, so that we don't get off-topic (more than we already did :D)

Tbconquest likes this.
  18. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Some consider skill boosting content, but most people don't.

Tbconquest likes this.
  19. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    I think you gave a good answer to the question already haha. I don't believe we should worry about whether or not Mistwalker will provide us with new content, after all, we are waiting for Co-op, PvP, Bearded Sakaguchi, and Part 2. The problem, however, is that we are waiting for those things - some of us for a few months already. The real topic is if we can really expect Mistwalker to gain any sort of momentum in the content delivering process.

20. NinthGhost

NinthGhost Well-Known Member

Medals:
    well with MW it's about quality not quantity i guess.