Someone broke the game...

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by JMC, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:32 AM.

1. JMC

JMC Member

So, someone popped up as an assist in a quest, who has a fleshed out Z-level warrior with a 3-star z weapon, and 4 z companions.

What companions? 4 double-hands. Turns out they STACK.

What's his attack level? Somewhere above 2000. He does an absurd amount of damage. Clears out Fenrir/Nidhogg in 2-3 turns.

Game's broken. This new meta is the strongest thing there is, period.

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    We didn't have caps for DMG Amp in TB1 for a long time, and when we finally got them, we had a +200% cap anyway: I'm not expecting the game to be totally balanced, but to see some sort of cap to be introduced, that yes (hopefully). As I don't see it on the list, add it to Rydia's thread to make the Community Manager know about this.

3. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I'm pretty sure I predicted in an earlier thread that MW would nerf the double-hand stack. Logically it doesn't make sense anyway- the whole concept of double-hand is that instead of holding a secondary weapon/shield in your off-hand, you hold one weapon with both hands. What is this guy doing, growing extra arms to hold the main weapon with??

With that said, I wish he would show up in my friends list, I could use someone to help me farm EXP wings... of course those will probably get nerfed eventually too, once we all go to the trouble of collecting 20, they'll probably cap exp boost at 2.3x like in TB1, I think right now you can get 5x with the right setup...

4. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Everyone should record video and take screencaps before all this crazy stuff gets nerfed lol

Imagine what Lyon RNA could do right now with his (stacking!) physical amp 1.5 with 4 doublehand gaunlets and fully unleashed Z equips that provide the highest attack stat, plus taps(4 of them if you can provide it)!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:44 PM
  5. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

As much as in normal games limiting stacking like this will be important (particularly Double-hand) remember we have Raids to consider.

I seriously doubt we'll see buff stack limits quite like the ones we saw in TB1. Skills, probably. Buffs, those fights revolve on ridiculous stats so probably a no on that end.

6. Moebius

Moebius New Member

You mean something like this?
    I find him second time now...

Attached Files:

7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Raids are meant to be coordinated efforts though, not carried by one or two insanely strong players with the rest people who don't know what they are even doing. Co-op in TB2 is a completely different format from TB1that encourages strength in numbers and variation instead of specific strategies.

In TB1 first they nerfed debuffs, then nerfed CoC augments, then put caps on stat buff, even nerfed experience gains, then finally put a cap on damage buff that they ignored for so long when endgame content was being threatened. Nerfs came every time they realized players were taking advantage too much beyond the intended design. They have already nerfed a bunch of stuff in TB2, there will inevitably be more nerfs in the future.