Speed Reroll Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Elelyon, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

[EDIT 9/28] This guide is obsolete as pacts are open as soon as you complete tutorial. Perhaps thread should be closed? @Silver Mitsuki

Start ch 1. Ideally pick a friend with high atk/matk (to kill boss faster) and HP (important to survive lonely strikes), but not critical.

Turn 1: Keep units linked and drag at an angle up-right. Story will trigger and reset turn.

Turn 2: Drag right and then up following the path. Story will trigger and reset turn.

Turn 3: Drag left and up following path. Story will trigger and reset turn.

Turn 4: Unlink and drag friend unit left and slightly up to get the energy hidden behind a fake wall. It's the sparkling object (lower one of the two beside each other). Once you get energy, immediately to the left is another story / turn reset point.

Turn 5: Continue to drag friend unit. Go back out through fake wall and to the right and slightly up. This will trigger an enemy turn and since friend unit is alone, it will do a lonely strike. If friend unit survives, continue to drag next turn. Otherwise use another unit.

Turn 6: continue path and go up-right then up-left triggering another enemy turn / lonely strike.

Turn 7: Drag up and slight right to trigger boss reveal, turn resets.

Turn 8: go back to main group of units. Link up (magnet on) and drag main group upwards to link back with friend and then back down to fight boss.

Turn 9: unlink and drag friend up and to the left towards the tree to trigger last enemy turn.

Turn 10: Drag any unit to tree.

Ch 2:
    Any friend is fine.

Turn 1: Drag up-left then left then finally up and to right to tree.

Misc:
    - skip all dialogue.
    - say 'no' when prompted about learning how to battle in tutorial
    - personally I keep it zoomed in for better control and 8s drag time
    - if you need more drag time for any of the turns, you can stop somewhere there's enemies and cast spell for re-act/move. With practice though you won't need extra turns.

Personal best time of 11 mins from new data screen to 60 energy / beginning pulls.

Will post screenshots later with drag paths.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

Great work, Elelyon! Now we just need a guide for getting faster download speeds on iOS. :p

3. Goldmund

Goldmund New Member

I do too that timing, more or less at least. Is not so hard once you get it to know about the boots and the "give up". After 2-3 tries you can almost do it blinded.

4. Ninjam

Ninjam Member

Another thing to note. You dont have to redownload all the data if you are on android (no root required).

1. Find the tb 2 folder in internal storage, android, data.
    2. Rename it by adding a letter or number or soemthing.
    3. Go to the settings and delete tb2's data. It should only be around like 9-10mb and not the 700mb because you renamed the download data
    4. Go back and undo the rename by deleting your added letter or number
    5. Start game without redownload.

This saved me quite a bit amount of time just by downloading.

Zeroelcapo and Elelyon like this.
  5. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Good for those on android. Unfortunately I'm using ios.

Can you (or anyone) try comparing the folders before and after deleting data to see what exactly are the "data" files that need to be deleted?

I'm curious why renaming before and after is needed as well.

6. Ninjam

Ninjam Member

I think you are misunderstanding something. The data folder that you rename is the game files. You rename it because you are going to delete all the data from the app in the settings to get rid of your personal account information to start anew. There's no way to just delete the personal account information without rooting the phone and I dont think you can play with a rooted phone. You want to keep the game files so you dont have to redownload the game files again but delete the personal account information so you can reroll. Yea I dont think you can do this in ios because apple likes to keep all their internal app data away from the users.

7. Elelyon

Elelyon Active Member

Ah ok, so that's how android works...yeah I know this method is not possible for ios.

8. Ninjam

Ninjam Member

Yea, although I heard there are apps that can totally backup another app, like cloning it. You might wanna look into that to see if you can clone the game when you downloaded it and restore after bad rerolls.

9. Qwen

Qwen Active Member

Someone has a rerolling guide on DMM ? I think we absolutely need to create an account again (and that's boring) but there won't be another way to reroll :/

10. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the guide, Elelyon :love:

I did not realise that we should use friend as bait. Following your guide really cut down my re-rolling speed to ~10 mins.

I've recorded my re-roll run based on this guide if anyone interest:

ynuohc, Chunyun and Elelyon like this.
  11. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

-mmm i couldnt find a "skip" button during dialogs, where is it????? :eek: (i really HATE the whole dialogue w Fores...)

-@Ninjam omg thats SO GOOD!!! THANK YOU!!!! Ill try it out on my next re roll!!! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  12. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

well, not sure if this is a Xiaomi (MIUI 8.5.2 and Android 6.0.1) but this doesnt work... after i rename the download folder (com.mistwalkercorp.terrabattle2) back to its original name and try to open game, it starts to "load" then it auto closes... do i have to rename the whole tb2 folder or just my user folder? (the one w lots of numbers and letters?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.