Strategies on Farming Luck in CF

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Moskentraumen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

Maybe this has been topic somewhere else already. I wanted to know if someone uses Dracorin and/or a specific mover when running CF. Meaning only 4-5 slots could be used for luckfarming.

I have been running CF without mover/dracorin so far, as i always had a ct+x unit to luckboost, equipped with a floater otomo.

Right now, i was thinking about using a mover with Auto-aim ability to make things more fun and simple. Using probably Bonna or Nazuna. What are your thoughts on the matter? How do you farm CF?

2. D-rex

D-rex Member

I run with Drac + whatever CT + 4 character is available. I've got a bunch of CT + 2 units that will be CT + 4 with a timeless hourglass.

So I don't use a specific mover, just someone with CT + 4. I've been not using the timeless on my +4 mover to get used to 8 seconds of drag time. The only level that I sometimes have a problem with is floor 1 double spawn. After that, I typically don't have any issues with pincering.

Moskentraumen likes this.
  3. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

i just run it with 6 w/e im farming at the moment done it enough times that i dont need any extra time, floor 1 double spawn is a issue tho if i dont have at least +2 CT

4. Juicy

Juicy Active Member

Dracorin and Bonna in the 3rd and 4th party slot, respectively, and then 4 fortune trainees.

5. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

After several days testing, i came to the conclusion, i prefer the method with Dracorin/Bonna.

Crackling Dracorin is then done in always 3 turns without too complex pincering, which means a very potent speed. One gets most of the time 4 x 0,4 = 1,6 (resp. 0,8 luck without rr) per run. That actually keeps the motivation at some working level. The progress is really nice and one is allowed to regularly tick off an adventurer.

(So, if you read this and plan or start to somehow complete PoF, i would say priority lies in getting Royal Ringstone. Getting Feno is pure luck though. Finish all Z units in forest. Pull with garantueed Z, odds up. Pray.)

6. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

So I've being doing this for a while and is the easiest way I found get the runners. For this team I use a Time Extension companion and one Celestial Envoy/chocobo to kill everything on the screen (I also add two musical notes for Sbing and there's a slot for an unused character (perfect for carrying the ring if you have it)).
    I start like this
    Amimari is my mover (plus a Hourglass if you have) and the CE/Chocobo is on Amina and Amisandra.
    unnamed.png
    If there's no runner I finish the turn like this. (In the pic I managed to pincer the runner without messing the formation)
    unnamed (2).png
    If there's no runner just move Dracorin and Amina one slot down. If there is, is very likely the runner will be in between the characters or at least close so it should be easier to pincer.
    unnamed (1).png
    Last turn, well just move to pincer the runner/s, your characters are pretty spread out and if the runner appears in between two of them you will kill everything on the screen without moving anything (With Amisandra's CE/Chocobo and Dracorin's 3 Column attack). If not, just chase the runner and you most likely will kill everything or at least just leave one or two.

Now some tips, when you're chasing a runner, chase it with two characters together into the walls. I like to put two characters parallel to the wall and try to enclose the runner, this is waaaaay easier than trying to do it in the middle of the screen.
    The character in slot 1 doesn't normally pincer anything so put the ones you want to SB in any spot but that one. Slot 4 is almost always pincering so put a warrior there to trigger pincer-only skills.
    If you are LBing characters with Area 1 attacks and good SB you don't need the CE/Chocobos. I needed them because I was doing low SB and A/B characters to clear clear the pacts and I could kill the screen. You can replace with musical notes if you have/want.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 4:22 AM
    Rydia likes this.