Takes forever to boot up

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Todd, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Lately it has been taking a Very Long Time to boot up the game

Like 10-15 minutes or even longer

Once everything loads and I start playing (like world for SB farm or a quest) then everything seems to load at normal speed

Nothing is wrong with my Internet or other apps - just this one takes foreeeeeever to load up

Anyone else have that problem? What gives??

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    mmm, weird :/

Is it possible that the game downloads all the basic resources every time, maybe because of some corrupted file? Maybe clearing the data and downloading everything one more time might solve the issue, but I'd play that card as my last one as I like to play very safe when is about savefiles.

Do you have loading times when accessing to a stage for the first time, like as the game needs to download the pictures of the stage/guardians to use in that session?

Clearing the cache won't probably sort any effect, but is the first thing I try every time I have a problem with an app, as it doesn't delete saves nor personal preferences, maybe start with that (in case you haven't tried it yet).

Without making you install weird apps on your smartphone, (many) routers allow to track how much data is being transferred by every single device connected to the network: if possible, the next time you boot up TB2 take a look at the numbers given, so we know if the slow boot is caused by a connection problem or if the game is downloading a bunch of data every time.

To open the router's interface, from a device connected to the network (local network, not via mobile data) go to http://192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, those are the most frequent); the default user/password combo is often admin/admin, if you can't access check the router's manual for the instructions for your model. Look for a System Tools / Statistics menu, you should be able to see how many packets/bytes have been transferred over the network to/from all the devices connected (each of them is usually identified by an IP address). The IP address of your Android device can be found from Settings > WiFi > "Cog Icon".

3. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

By any chance are you using iOS and updated to iOS 11? I’m having the same problem and if seems that the OS clears the data in order to free some space. I don’t really know how to fix this, but is not a TB problem.

4. vicenturi

vicenturi Member

I’m using iOS and despite the fact that the update sucks, TB loads without problem, so there must be something more causing the issue.

5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your comments

You guys got me to thinking. I think the game material was being re-downloaded each time, and the reason was because my phone was nearly full on memory. I recently went on a long plane ride and had some movies downloaded. I purged those and also some old podcasts that had been stored and now my memory is only 67% full, and now app is running quicker again.

freelame and Silver Mitsuki like this.