TB Compendium Web App [last update: 7th March]

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Jan 17, 2016.

1. BOK

BOK Member

Something is going on with the page. The display is all sorts of screwed up

2. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I'm not sure I understand what do you mean but I don't have any problem on my side, nor have updated anything of important these last days;

What browser are you using? Can you show me a screenshot?
    I fixed the caching problems that might have led to this kind of situation months ago, but in some cases forcing a refresh by pressing F5 solves some issues.

3. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Another very quick update just to tell you that this morning had some time to work on fixing the Notification feature (as I said earlier, the alerts for both the Hard Mode and the Metal Zones weren't working properly) and... well, it actually took me a lot less time than I thought.

During the past week I also fixed a couple of more things related to this feature, plus some little adjustments; I think I'm done with little adds and fixes until the November update.

4. BOK

BOK Member

At the time the page was displaying everything in a vertical left aligned fashion.

So every single item was on its own line all justified to the left.

The problem persisted under a refresh, a close of the page with a manual re-entering of the website, and an incognito opening of the page.

It also occurred over 2 separate devices (both computers).

However, it ended up resolving itself in about 8 hours and I haven't had the problem since.

Used Chrome for every attempt. Unfortunately I neglected to take a screenshot for you. Thanks for your concern! This is still awesome

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  5. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    First, thank you very much for letting me know :) (and thank you for trying on incognito and even from a different computer ^-^)
    Second, I don't really know what the cause of the problem might have been: you weren't able to download a specific (and 100KB big, ugh...) file, but I don't really know why. After checking I can say my server and the cds weren't the causes, so... I don't know, maybe it was a problem on your side, like were you torrenting or something?

Happens sometimes I have issues with my connection and can't load parts of some websites: when rebooting the router doesn't do the trick, waiting for the problem to fix itself is the only way to go :worry:

During the next days I'll think again about my decision of merging more files in a single and big one: other users might have/had your same issue, maybe caused by the size of this file...

6. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    TBc updated

I initially planned to add more stuff with this update, but I got bored and decided to release it today.

The last time I released a big update was like a month and something ago you might expect a lot of new features... Sorry to disappoint you, this time is all fixes and improvements.
    • Moved all the annoying banners from the bottom right part of the screen to the bottom left;
      • The banner shown when a new TB update is available doesn't use anymore that heavy hiso pic
      • Added a banner even for TBc updates, showed for few days after I released updated the website (I know you all love banners <3)
      • I remind you is possible to hide them all by unchecking the "Show informative banners" option from the Settings
    • Cleaned up the Character's pages
      • More ordered
      • Solved few annoying graphical issues across different browsers
      • Fix for bad EXP (too high) passed through the form
    • Cleaned up the Companion's pages
      • Solved few annoying graphical issues across different browsers
      • Added number of required ΟⅡ (x14/x21 bonus) for Omicon II otomos
    • Little changes to the Event section
      • Excluded characters from the "Server" event page are now listed under the event "PoT - Excluded Characters", instead of "Possible PoT Event"
      • A number is now printed (in grey) near Streams and PvP Cups (e.g. Broad of the Mist #30, Bruiser Cup #3, ...)
      • Fixed a couple of issues with the History's "ending time"
    • Added Login Rewards to the Calendar
      • Set up the correct index from the Settings page!
    • General improvements to the way many forms filter/set params
      • Some URLs are now much shorter and cleaner
    • Updated Daily/Event Drop Data
      • Removed the Treasure Hunter Icon to make space to more icons (read below); with both Gatz and Alika with a Recode and the +60% Drop rate cap not many use the old lv65 passive anymore (if needed, look at the level cap of the stage that has always been right after the Stamina cost)
      • Added icons for traps; since the currently used UI wasn't designed to do what is doing now (level cap, many weapons and elements, ... ) more information about the traps on the field can temporarily be seen by tapping/moving your mouse over each icon.
      • A new and cleaner UI for daily stuff is on my toDo list since several months (the same one the Item page will use)
      • Updated data for Luck drops
    • More boring stuff
      • like, bugfixing, then I positioned some tooltips better, updated some data, cleaned up some icons, highlited few links you probably didn't ever notice before and so on

Ph B, cjguitarman, Tujion and 2 others like this.
  7. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Well done, now banners obscure the MZ schedule by default. :hilarious:
    Waiting for layout to improve and more utilities for players. :3

Thread title is off BTW.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Now that are on the left part of the screen, instead of the right:
    • Entered the homepage, banners obscure the Metal Zone table on 16:9 screens,
      Anyway, scolling the page they now don't cover anything anymore (earlier it was necessary to dismiss the "Hard Mode" banner every time to see the information placed on bottom of the right pane);
    • Outside from the homepage, the EXP Column on Unit/Companion specific pages and the Summary/Quick Feed option for Companions are now completely visible without dismissing the HM banner;
    • On chromium based browsers for mobile banners are placed on bottom of the screen, so they wouldn't hide the table anyway (although, the problem shows up on other browsers);
    • Not many visit TBc just to see the MZ tables, so the HM banner now "obscures" only an ignored table;
    • On 4:3 monitors (there are still people who use them) banners don't obscure anything on the homepage.
    Changed it.

9. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Thus it is totally my fault for using a 16:9 monitor. Anyway I go to TBc just to admire the banners rather than to check game data. :cigar:

freelame likes this.
  10. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    The second part of November's cumulative update has been released; before listing the stuff that should have been included on the last week's update, I'd like to remind you that the notification feature is still bugged (yayy!), so some specific reminders are not sent when they should.

I'll make you know when all/most of them will be fixed: it shouldn't take me much time, but I won't be able to work on them anytime soon.

Also, I didn't make it to add some features and to do some improvements: a couple of quick things might come on the following days, the leftovers in December/January.

And now, the new stuff:

• Added data from 4.4.0
      • Even if it has changed, for now I left the old rotation for dailies. During the following days I'll see if there's the need to change it, for now don't trust it much :) (you find the new schedule on Tharos' thread
    • Improvements to the Item page, which is finally a lot cleaner
      • 3 kind of location are now shown: up to 2 story stages and a list of other event stages
        • The first story stage is the one with the highest drop rate;
        • The second story stage is the one with the best drop/stamina ratio;
        • If only one story stage is printed, it means that the chapter with the highest drop rate is also the one with the best drop/stamina ratio;
        • The drop/stamina ratio considers the (Half) Stamina events;
        • During the Double Drop events, all of the interested stages get highlighted.
    • Improvements to the Item specific page, which now shows more information about each stage
      • The list of the units requiring that material has been improved;
      • The list of the companions requiring that material has been added as well;
      • For each stage, a summary of it is now printed; if a chapter has enemies capable to summon other foes, an alert message will be printed as well;
      • Click on an enemy name to see how much EXP/Coins they award, what items/companions they drop and so on;
      • Some data (some wiki links, what enemies summon other monsters, ... ) has to be added manually; I'll double check everything during the following days/weeks, but if you see I missed something make me know (Ba'gunar isn't listed under the 4-10 stage because he spawns only the first time you play it);
      • Note that some data might miss: for example, on CH1-5, the lv3 boss "Orbling" isn't listed. Blame Tharos for this, it wasn't me the one who extracted the Enemies list :p (thank you again @Tharos, you saved me a lot of time :love: )
      • In order to reduce the heavy size of each page (each chapter weighs approx. 5KB), data is loaded dynamically by default. If your device doesn't support Javascript, change the "Stages preload preferences" from the Settings page
    • A similar list will also come for Companions later on
    • Companion Drops on story stages are no more hard-coded, this means that the Companion search page now shows more reliable data
    • Cleaned up the "Similar" tab on the specific page for Companions
      • The items required to evolve each companion is now printed
      • Fixed a display bug that prevented the hiso icon from showing up to remind you about the upcoming/active Companion EXP events
    • The information about every (Story) stage can also be found on the new "Stages" section
      • This is the same lister used on the Item Specific Page;
      • Each chapter weighs approx. 5KB
      • An empty (no preloading) "Stage List" weights 30 KB
      • With Preload on, the full "Stage List" currently weights 190KB
      • Without the extra data from using the Preload feature, the full "Stage List" page would have weight 1.9MB, lol
    • Events stages will be added later on
    • Added a "Useful Links" dropdown menu on the header to make room to the "Stages" link
      • TB Download links can also be found here
    • The annoying Banner that reminds you all that an update got released is now shown only for few days after it came out
      • The Links to the Google Play/Apple Store/APK downloads can now be found under "Useful Links"
    • A warning is now printed on the Calendar View in case the current "Login Streak" wasn't defined from the Settings
      • The input container of this value is now bordered in red in case it wasn't set yet
    • Updated the drop/luck data
      • Sometimes it takes me more time to do it because of some changes I do to the data structures :/
    • Changed the default preload preference for the Notices from Auto to Dynamic
    • Fixed minor (and annoying) bugs

Thank you for enjoying Terra Battle (Compendium)

Pims and freelame like this.
  11. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Updated the Daily Quests + Luck data (some things might still miss); I take this occasion to list you the changes I made few days ago.

On this last small update I focused on the data: some extra information is now displayed, I updated some of the things 4.4.0 changed, fixed some bugs and made some little improvements: from now on, even if I won't add the thumbnails immediately, I'll update TBc as soon as I can so that you'll all be able to see the items needed for each unit/companion to be powered up/evolved.

As always, future updates will add more features (e.g. who needs {insert a monster's name here} to be recoded?), but the stupid Real Life (and the recent release of FFXV :rolleyes:) is taking most of my time away from me.

• Added the Items from 4.4.0 (I had some problems with them)
    • Added some more extra data related to the stuff that came with 4.4.0
    • Is now possible to set the default number of Treasure Hunters used from the Settings (so you don't always have to load the same page twice because you don't use 0 TH)
    • Improved the "Similar" lists on the Companion specific pages for Omicrons; I can do better, but for now is still better than nothing/before :3
    • If a companion isn't part of any group, some data ss now printed anyway on the "Similar" tab
      • it will be improved lately
    • Added a "toggle" near each category for both Units and Companions, so that you can just hide them instead of scrolling past the dozens of omicrons
    • Omicron Companions are now listed under another category
      • i.e. from now on you won't see Z Class, SS Class, ... but Z Class (Omicron), Z class, SS Class (Omicron), SS Class, ...
      • Added the checkbox "Explode Omicron category list" on the Settings; check it to hide automatically all those annoying Omicrons
      • The implementation of this list has still to be improved
    • From any Unit's Specific Page, is now possible to see what items does them require to job up/being recoded
    • The list of items available from the Trading Post is now hidden (on the Official Events section), and all the items that require Animata items to be obtained are now listed.
      • A nicer UI is also on my toDo list
      • Aaaaand obviously it doesn't care about the carriage returns... I'll fix it as soon as I can. solved
    • Other minor corrections and stuff related to 4.4.0

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    freelame likes this.
  12. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Could you please tell me what browser (and what version) are you currently using?
    Also, are you on mobile or on desktop?

You should see a little tooltip like this one, when moving your cursor over / tapping on some icons, like the four-leaf clover (luck drops) and the arrow (upgrade)

[​IMG]

13. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Not sure if I did it wrong last time but regardless it seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks.

14. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Released a little update earlier today;

I didn't release a changelog since a long time, so here's the list of the things I remember I added/changed - with this, and other small updates - during these last weeks, in case you didn't notice them while using TBc:
    • Overhaul of the item list for the Trading Post, which now lists all the things that require Animata items (not only the more important ones) using the Language defined from the Settings menu;
    • Added the list of the monsters used to recode a unit under the Character-specific page;
    • Added the list of the adventurers that require that monster to be recoded under the character-specific page (useful in case you were wondering for who do you need a kino/8-bit);
    • Setting a custom Level/EXP on the character-specific page doesn't "reset" the current JOB to 1 anymore (requires Javascript enabled);
    • Added the name of the section you're currently visiting to the tab's title (so, instead of having a lot of "TB Compendium", from now on you'll see "TBc - Search", or "TBc - Event History";
    • The events from the sections Server, Calendar and History are now grouped;
    • Kinos and 8-bit have now their own category, "Animata Arena";
    • Solved an ordering issue on the Event History page;
    • Added a fixed UTC-12 as [Lower Timezone] for those who use it for the timezone trick;
    • Added a fixed UTC+13 as [Higher Timezone] because lately Tongatapu randomly changed its offset to +14;
    • Added (back) BLO and the currently available Eidolons to the Calendar View;
    • Updated the data;
    • Other minor changes.

Kovaelin likes this.
  15. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

May I ask where can I see this, I opened every kino unit page and none of them have adventurers who need them as materials listed anywhere

16. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    "General" TAB
    [​IMG]

17. chomiak

chomiak Active Member

I checked it. But now I've realised that first I had checked Kino Odin's page and then Kino Mechanic's one. I'm not a smart man

18. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I'm currently having some difficulties with my host; if you can't access TBc either, know that is not because I closed TBc or what :3

19. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    TBc is back online; an hardware failure caused the server to be inaccessible for a couple of hours, but now everything should work fine.

If you still see a page with a big "SORRY" on it, please clear the cache of your browser; if needed, you find the instructions on how to do that on the following websites:

20. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    [IMPORTANT NOTE]
    After the last Hardware failure, I read of users still having problems accessing TBc: if you are among them, flush your DNS cache by following these directions.

In case you still can't access TBc, clear your browser's cache by following the istructions in one of the links on my previous post, or by using a software like CCleaner.
    [/IMPORTANT NOTE]

Released another update;

This time the changelog is pretty short, but I'm sure that those who use TBc will be happy anyway:

[tl;dr]
    • Improved UI when browsing from little screens
    • Improved the format (of most) of the URLs
    • Few other little and boring fixes, changes and improvements

[description]
    From now on, you won't be forced to pinch in continuously when accessing TBc from a mobile device, nor to scroll horizontally when keeping your browser windowed: by default, a responsive UI will reaplace the "desktop" one when needed, but is obviously possible to change this behaviour from the Settings menu, forcing the site to use always the "Desktop" or the "Mobile" interface.

Note that the UI is still not perfect (big news...): firefox for example might zoom in a bit when visiting a page that gives the focus on a textbox (one of few little things that won't affect your experience anyway, but damn if I find them annoying).

Another change I made regards the URLs: from now on, it will be possible to access to pages like http://tbc.silverdb.it/?TBc=s and http://tbc.silverdb.it/?src=ticket&i= from http://tbc.silverdb.it/settings and http://tbc.silverdb.it/items/ticket respectively; note that (almost) all the previously generated URLs will keep to work (keep reading), and the URLs generated by some forms are still a little confusing (like http://tbc.silverdb.it/unit/971/startLv=2&endLv=3&startExp=4&job=2 ): I'll change them stealthy over the following weeks.

URL parameters 'u', 'i' and 'c' used to limit searches, have been renamed in 'units', 'items' and 'companions', so if you shared links like http://tbc.silverdb.it/?src=amerpact&u=sid&c= you want to change it in http://tbc.silverdb.it/?src=amerpact&units=sid&companions= or, better, in http://tbc.silverdb.it/units/companions/amerpact (or companions/units, the order doesn't matter).

That's all for now; I know that new updates get released slowly (and are often incomplete, like in this case), just know that I work on TBc almost every day to fix what doesn't work as expected and deliver new functions to the community :disappointed:

thank you for enjoying TB(c) :greet:

Estavali and Ultima like this.