[Team] Dragons

Discussion in 'Guides' started by EASY26, Jan 29, 2017.

1. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

Intro: All hail the dragons!
    Many games/religions/stories name Dragons, therefore it is logical that TB also has them. This is a teamguide just for Dragons. It should show you the dragon's power, their usability and which levels you can farm with them and not where to get them (klick on the links for that). I will list some team compositions, but if you understand why I made those teams, you can also think of your own teams and use the mighty dragons better and more often.
    Please enjoy.

Note: Some so called "Dragons" are not Dragons, but Celestials. Well, thats their fault! Who wants to be celestial anyways, when they could be Dragons...

Dragon list

Z class:
    Z class Dragons have a lot of HP, MATK and MDEF. Their damage skills effect a large area and they buff/debuff other dragons. They can also apply conditions on a large area.
    [​IMG]
    Bahamut Λ
    Bahamut^ has fire attacks and can help you kill foes which arent in your range with his skill "Meteor". Also his skill "Magic Defence -10%, Dragon" can help against other Dragons.
    [​IMG]
    Leviathan Λ
    Leviathan^ has ice attacks and can help you freeze foes with his skill "Icebind".
    [​IMG]
    Seiryu
    Seiryu has darkness attacks and can help you shadowbind foes with his skill "Shadowbind". He buffs other Dragons with his skill "Magic Attack +5%, Dragons".
    [​IMG]
    Seiryu Λ
    Seiryu^ offers the same benefits as Seiryu and on top has the skill "Hypermetabolic Magic, Self" which can make him more powerful than all other Dragons.

SS class:
    There are currently no SS class Dragons... *Dragoncry*

S class:
    S class Dragons are the base for the Z class Dragons. They give new players a good start into TB and can also help on the weekly challenges.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bahamut
    Bahamut has fire attacks and can be evolved to Bahamut^.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Leviathan
    Leviathan has iceattacks and can be evolved to Leviathan ^.

A class:
    Celestial Dragon
    [​IMG]

Celestial Dragon has spear and sword attacks and is immune against instant death. It is currently the only spear attack form of a dragon.
    Jade Dragon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jade Dragon has thunder attacks, a self buff for magic attack and can put enemies into sleep.
    Layla
    [​IMG]

Layla has just ice attacks.
    Nephrite Dragon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nephrite Dragon has dark attacks, a self buff for magic attack and can confuse enemies. It has also Augment Circle for Dragons.
    Onyx Dragon
    [​IMG]

Onxy Dragon has just dark attacks.
    Steel Dragon
    [​IMG]
    Steel Dragon can apply Demoralize and has character-weapon attacks.
    Tiamat
    [​IMG]

Tiamat has an powerful attack of each element.
    Vajra
    [​IMG]

Vajra has just lightning attacks.

B/C/D class:
    Bahamut Kino Λ
    [​IMG]
    Bahamut Kino Λ has fire attacks.
    Blastosaur
    [​IMG]
    Blastosaur can disarm bombs and has a bow attack.
    Dark Pegawyrm
    [​IMG]
    Dark Pegawyrm has just dark attacks.
    Leviathan Kino Λ
    [​IMG]
    Leviathan Kino Λ has ice attacks.
    Mantledrake
    [​IMG]
    Mantledrake has just fire attacks.
    Pegawyrm
    [​IMG]
    Pegawyrm has just fire attacks.
    Slugosaur Kino Λ
    [​IMG]

Slugosaur Kino^ can disarm and build bombs. It also uses bow attacks.
    Tiamat Kino Λ
    [​IMG]
    Tiamat Kino^ has non-elemental attacks and a time trap ward.
    Whitewyrm
    [​IMG]
    Whitewyrm can heal other dragons and buff their defense.
    Wyvern
    [​IMG]
    Wyvern has just one fire attack.

Enough! Give me some team advices...

Ok, lets start with the basics: Z class Dragons are the best, but in some cases, it can be useful to use other Dragons or replace those who you missed to aquire with others. Some skills like Dragon defense + 50% from Whitewyrm can also strengthen your team a lot. Time trap ward from Tiamat Kino or just the pure Tiamat damage can also help a lot in some levels (or pvp).

Dragons can buff each other. Double Seiryu power can give you 20% MATK each double pincer round. But ok, sometimes you need the help from so called "non-Dragons".
    A lot of Dragons are staff users, so Invincible with +5% MDEF+MATK is really helpful.
    With their high MATK and MDEF they are also perfect for otomo specific event like the Dragon kings (which are by the way not Dragons).

There are also some other benefits of Dragons. Because they have returning events, you can recode and max their SB and Luck. Best example for that is next to the Z Dragons also the Kino^ events. You can also capture recoded Dragons!

Here are some team constellations which I used:

The Inexorable Dragon King 100Luck with dragons
    Dragons: Seiryu, Seiryu^, Baha^,Levi^
    Non-Dragons: Invincible^, Echo^
    Otomos: Holy Dragon Z x5, Mog on Echo^
    Guide: 80 luck Inexorable Dragon King with no photon characters

The Resplendent Dragon King 100Luck with dragons
    Dragons: Seiryu, Seiryu^, Baha^,Levi^
    Non-Dragons: Invincible^ (can be replaced with Tiamat^), Regenercell
    Otomos: Axion Dragon Z x5, Panda on Regcell
    Guide: The Resplendent Dragon King Early Info Dump

Leviathan Recoded 100Luck with dragons
    Dragons: Seiryu, Seiryu^, Baha^,Levi^, Tiamat^
    Non-Dragons: Echo^
    Otomos: Fire otomos (Sun Spirits or Inferno Rods) x4, Tiamat O, Echo O
    Boost: Disarmer
    Guide: Leviathan Recoded. (you need to kill the dragon before Icicle, save PP til glowing)

Some last words:

I used the pictures from the official wiki and linked to it, so everyone can inform in detail about skills and so on. I made this guide, because the Dragons help me a lot (finally got Primordial Dragon Z) and to support others who think about a Dragon team and don't want to spend a lot of time on testing. I will expand the guide, if people like it and will use it, else it will vanish like some other guides, but it was fun to make it.

Future information could be:
    • Dragon specific otomos and their perfect use
    • PvP-Teams for the Dragon Cup
    • Coop with dragons, max MATK Power?
    • Dragon videos and full guides

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

Other things:

Dragon Road is very useful to level your Dragons fast.
    In the Dragon Cup you can test your pvp-Dragon skills.
    You are a Dragon Slayer looking for Dragons? Here are some victims.

Dragon Companions:

3. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    And what about Slugosaur Kino Λ? Did you forget about him? ç_ç

[​IMG]

Anyway, as you said, among those available the Z classes are the best, and Baha/Levi follow: this gives you alrady a full (and "free") Dragon team, although changing the S class dragons with Kino Lambdas can be of help with stages that require an high luck team (Dragon Kings, Leviathan 4, ... ).

By looking at Odin and Odin Kino Λ, I suppose that even the stats of the upcoming Bahamut/Leviathan Kino Λ will be similar to their job1 counterparts (but with less skills), so a nice 100L alternative to the current Kinos, which already offer different strategies :3 (omicrons, disarm/build bomb )

I suppose that the next time the event will come back, we'll get Jade Dragon Λ and, the time after, Nephrite Λ, although at this point I find having more darkness pretty useless (I mean, once you have both Seiryu and Seiryu Λ in your team you don't need really more Dark Damage), but his [​IMG] Augment Circle, Dragon is pretty interesting... or at least it would be if it would take into advantage the units' attribute, and not only their weapon.

We need to disguise Mizell as a dragon :3

4. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

Yes, it seems i forget Slugo. Sorry for that and thank you for telling me, already added.
    I hope we get more dragons, then we can build stronger teams and maybe also some photon / graviton teams.
    I did miss augment circle, dragon. Who will get this?

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I wish Tiamat would get a recode with 3 jobs like Marilith and Lich did, he's one of the "Four Fiends"/chimera's isn't he? And might as well give the last chimera one too, whatever it was (forgot lol)

6. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

[​IMG] Kraken [​IMG] Lich [​IMG] Marilith [​IMG] Tiamat

7. yeezus

yeezus Active Member

Feedback for a couple of the team comps you posted:

RDK without any CT could prove challenging, especially during the critical feathers stage.

For Levi Recoded, I would replace Tiamat^ with Shin'en due his Disarm Time Trap skill.

8. Anklas

Anklas Member

Would be lovely if they finally finished the set, though Tiamat^ would be pretty silly with 3 jobs if it keeps all of its tera magic attacks.

9. vicenturi

vicenturi Member

Thanks to this guide I got the idea for a 100luck team for IDK and got my second PDz in the first atemp. So much love for the free dragons!

EASY26 likes this.
  10. vicenturi

vicenturi Member

And today I got Violet OIII in IDK with the dragons team! Even losing a turn in the final stage. Thank you for opening my eyes EASY26!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    EASY26 and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  11. kaze19

kaze19 New Member

Now,my question is what kind of team do I need to have to beat the dragon road?

12. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Anything over lv30, actually. It's designed to power level your dragon units so the enemies barely attack and run away after a single turn. The adds will occasionally use breath attack that hits for 600+ if your units are next to them, but they won't chase your characters so as long as you focus on a group of enemies you can kill a few and gain tons of experience.

13. kaze19

kaze19 New Member

so it is not hard to recruit that dragon needed for recode? And what is average exp gain there ? (need to lvl up bahamut and leviathan)
    Thanks for help :)

14. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Actually, recruiting Steel Dragon can be tricky. You only get 1 turn before it runs away and you pretty much need a double pincer even with all the top tier dragons and high SB (getting a PP is not easy). It spawns randomly, but if you don't kill it you can just s/l and try again (from the beginning). Fortunately if you kill the Steel Dragon boss you are guaranteed a Steel Dragon recruit.

The average amount of experience is in the 3-6 million range, assuming you kill all the dragons. Some people with PDZs have reported over 13 million exp. You should be able to easily power level all of your dragons in a few runs.

15. kaze19

kaze19 New Member

Hmmm this is really tricky to me since I have 0 top dragons to do the job. Actually not a single one.
    But thanks for explanation and not letting me burning my stamina on the run that is,yet, not worth for me to do.

16. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

17. kaze19

kaze19 New Member

I am having trouble in killing Steel Dragon with Baha^ + Levi^,any suggestions?

18. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

I would suggest you to get Seiryu and Seiryu^. If you still want your Steel Dragon with baha^ and levi^ you should outmax your damage with otomos and other usefull Dragons.
    You can also watch some videos and learn some tactics:

€: there are now also some ohter information in post #2

19. Zyron

Zyron Active Member

Try to get bewitching bow for both and stack matk up in first stages. Bewitching bow is an easy to get b-class otomo. Can be evolved from bronze rod and killer bow.