Team for Mutoh

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by TrueShadow, Nov 6, 2017.

1. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I got lucky for recent 10/2 events, and I managed to pull Schweiz and Peyrna recently. I bought Sayu through PoH and I already have Edg'low from long ago.

I suppose I'd try with the following team:
    - Sayu HDZ
    - Edg'low HDZ
    - Schweiz Kiss Bottle
    - Peyrna HDZ
    - Amina^ (for Extend Chain) HDZ

Who should I get for the last spot? I don't have Myne or Gegonago. Should I get a Levitation user like Gatz? Or another magic DPS?

2. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

You need a levitation all chara for Mutoh. In your case it has to be Gatz^ even if you had Gego^. It will be a tough fight tho. Rydia did a vid with almost your team. She had Nazuna^ instead of Amina^ for extend chain and stealth, Myne and Annu instead of Edg'low and Peyrna as both deal magic and physical dps. Peyrna will heal Mutoh with her graviton skills. Good thing all her skills don't activate in chain.

Mutoh is immune to magic defense impair. Physical defense impair works.

Here the link to the thread, where Rydia posted her team and the vid:

https://terrabattleforum.com/threads/distilled-mutoh-details.11146/page-10

Moskentraumen and lacivon like this.
  3. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Active Member

I finally pulled my first two magic tappers once I hit rainbow road (Schweiz and Peyrna). I was able to beat Mutoh without too much difficulty by using Myne, Gatz^, Nazuna^, Sayu, Schweiz, Peyrna. All characters had HDZ equipped. So much easier than the physical method since there is very little RNG luck required.

My best burst with this team is around 695k (extend chain method with Myne and Sayu getting 3 attacks while Nazuna^ and Peyrna only get 1 attack). Just have to whittle down Mutoh to below 690k and do the burst. There's no healing with this team though, so you need to kill the staves pretty quickly.

I used two taps on Gatz^ when the staves were re-summoned, and the remaining taps on the burst turn.

Sean Bond likes this.
  4. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

To piggyback on what Eric said (partially because I'm bored, and partially because we need more forum posting):

With the team above, or a similar one (I use Tronic and Senala^ instead of Myne and Schweiz) there are two important points:

1) The second time Mutoh summons staves (I use Gatz^' taps and a power point to kill all staves in 1 turn, and Nazuna^ is instrumental in making sure Extend Chain brings enough DPS to each pincer)

2) Burst phase (obviously). Even with Senala^, DPS is relatively tight, so Nazuna^ is incredibly important for that 3rd pincer (unless you didn't kill all the staves, and got lucky with their positioning) via Power Point.

If using this team, there's no point in bringing healing. You're trying for a triple pincer using Nazuna, so you can/should wipe the 2nd wave of staves in 1 turn, and you shouldn't be hit by anything else (I do a single pincer on turn 1, and the only damage I take in the fight is via the 2nd staff on that turn). You also want to make sure that Nazuna and your other weakest attacker are NOT on the double-pincer (for me that's Peyrna and Nazuna^); you want your strongest magic units to be chained into Nazuna's first pincer (via PP), but you want all the strongest units hitting on the double pincer.

Frankly, the physical method is popular because it doesn't require the stacked team this method does. However, the physical method has far more RNG, is more difficult (you need to keep 1.5x damage stacks up) and does require a bunch of lucky CoT pulls (for Grand petas and the like). If you have the choice, go with the photon route unless you want a challenge and lots of S/Ling.

Moskentraumen and EricTheMostRed like this.
  5. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm doing the physical method right now, and the RNG is aggravating.

Mutoh moves to the corner during border turn? S/L.
    The Staves block double pincer? S/L.
    Sayu's bombs set Staves below their Gravitonball limit? S/L.

Sean Bond likes this.