Terra Battle 2 Gameplay Mechanics

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neofalcon, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

(Guide is a WIP)

Pincers + Chains

This article from the TB1 wiki should still apply in full to TB2. Go read it, not gonna just copy/paste it

Equip, Self, Chain, and Field skills

Skills are one of several types: Equip, Self, Chain, or Field skills.

Equip skills grant passive bonuses and are always active

Self skills have a % chance to activate, and will grant their effects when they do. If they are buffs, they can activate multiple times, allow you to stack their effect (This makes self skills more powerful than their Equip Equivalents)

Chain skills are like self skills, but their effects will apply to all friendly characters in the chain. This is how most heal skills work - any characters in the chain with them will get healed.

Field skills start with an [F] in their name, and are not used in combat. Rather, they can be used when exploring the map in story mode. Many will have MP costs to activate, so you cannot simply use them as many times as you want.

Guardian Jobs

Guardians are divided into 4 different jobs: Warriors, Spellblades, Mages, and Healers

Warriors are denoted by 2 crossed swords on the top-right of the unit. Their standard attack skills will only trigger when they are one of the two pincering units in a chain. The aoe gained from weapons will be centered on themselves. Skills scale with PATK.

Mages are denoted by 2 crossed wands on the top-right of the unit. Their standard attack skills trigger when they're in the chain, regardless of where. Their aoe gained from their weapons will be centered on each pincered enemy. Skills scale with MATK.

Spellblades are a hybrid of the two, denoted by a crossed sword and wand. Their standard attack skills will trigger when they're anywhere in the chain, like a mage, but their aoe will be centered on themselves, like Warriors (Note Spellblades will always hit pincered enemies, regardless of whether or not the enemies are within their AoE radius - AoE radius simply causes ADDTIONAL enemies to get hit).

The physical component of their skills scales with PATK, while the elemental component scales with MATK. However, Spellblade's skills only deal 90% of the damage equivalent Mage or Warrior versions would (ex, Thunder vs. Thunder Cut vs Megacut). This means that a spellblade that specializes in either physical or elemental damage will deal less damage than a warrior or mage with the same equipment. However, if a spellblade uses hybrid weapons with both MATK and PATK with a total greater than a weapon with only one, they can deal greater overall damage with their physical and magical damage combined.

Healers are like mages in that their skills activate on the chains, and their skillsets are almost exclusively healing and buff skills. Heal skills generally don't have a MEGA/GIGA/TERA/PETA tag, and therefore do not benefit from AOE on weapons. Their heals scale with MATK.

As a note, only what I'm calling "Standard attack skills" are restricted by the Guardian's Job. These are the skills that are listed at the top of a Guardian's information page, and usually are the only skills with MEGA/GIGA/TERA/PETA tags on them. Skills that appear below these, such as buffs, can still trigger in the chain, and some Warriors have attack skills below their standard attack skills that can trigger from the chain (My Lyon-RNA, for instance, has a "Horizontal Cut, Row" as his last skill, which can trigger from the chain).

Equipment

Guardians do not have stats on them. Rather, all of a character's stats come from their equipment. This makes high-rarity equipment, especially weapons, incredibly valuable, as they determine how much damage you do, your hp, and how much damage you take.

In addition to stats, weapons can also give range to skills. Weapons that give range will say either MEGA, GIGA, TERA, or PETA, and will only give their range to skills with those tags. Only the weapon equipped in your mainhand gives range, the one in your offhand does not. Furthermore, weapons in the offhand only give half of their stats.

However, Characters with the "Weapon Mastery" skills will get the range from both their mainhand and offhand, while the "Doublehand" skill will double the PATK from your main hand weapon if you don't have an offhand equipped.

Each character can only use certain equipment types - tap on the character on the character select screen to see what they can use. Characters with the "Equipment Lore" skill, however, can equip all equipment types, regardless of what types their character has listed.

Buffs, Stacking, and Amp skills

On the character info screen (which you can see in combat by holding down on a character), there's a box in the lower left that lists your characters current buffs. You can tap the info icon for a full list with detailed information.

Something about buffs that is very important in Terra battle, is that buffs can stack with themselves. What do I mean by this? Let's say you have a buff skill with a duration of 1 turn. What that means is you'll get the buff the turn you activate it, and it will last through the end of the next turn, so you'll benefit from it both on the turn that you get the buff and the turn after.

If you have a character with a self buff that's in multiple pincers in a single turn, the buffs continue to stack. So a character in a double pincer with a +10% PATK buff will have +10% PATK on the first pincer of turn 1, +20% PATK on the seconirst pincer of turn 1, and +30% and +40% for the first and second pincers of every subsequent turn. As you can imagine that is quite powerful, especially with...

Amp Skills!

Amp skills are buffs that either buff your raw damage output, or the stats on weapons you have equipped. In the case where these Amp skills are self skills instead of equip skills, this makes them very VERY powerful, as you can stack them to ridiculously high values very easily. For example, Lyon-RNA has "Phys Amp x1.5". So in a double pincer, he does +50% damage on the first pincer, and +100% on the second pincer of turn 1, and does +150% and +200% damage on all subsequent turns.

And then you realize that amp skills stack multiplicatively with stat buff skills, and...hoo boy. It's a lot of damage.

B, U, L

These 3 stats are expressed as percentages, listed at the top of each guardian's summary.

B stands for Skill Boost. Your skill boost percentage is added to the percentage of each of your skills, increasing your chance to activate them. And yes, that means at 100% B, all of your skills will always activate.

B has a chance to go up whenever guardian activates skills. Grinding out skill activations is called Skill Boosting, or "SBing". If it works the same as it does in TB1, then it has a chance to increase every single time skills activate, and having skills from multiple different phases (damage, healing, counter, capsule) can increase your chances to get a SB. Having skills with lower % chance to proc and having a higher B already will both increase your overal rate of SBing (for very math-y reasons I won't get into here).

You can also gain B by feeding a duplicate unit to a guardian, 5% per merge. This is not recommended unless it's a farmable guradian, such as King Orb or Leviathan.

U stands for Union. All Union does is give your a rewards when you git 50% and 100%. You can see the union rewards for a guardian by tapping a little button on their stats page. You can only gain U after a guardian's B is maxed, from all the same sources that give B (though merges only give 3% U)

L stands for Luck. Your team's Luck is averaged (your friend unit is not counted), and listed in the top right when you start a Quest. Higher luck will drop chance and quality of rewards in lucky chests. In TB1, super exclusive items were locked behind 100L drops, and I would not be surprised if the same is true of TB2.

Luck is currently ONLY increased by feeding a duplicate unit to your guardian. You get 3L per merge. This means that 100L for gacha units is completely out of the question unless Bill Gates himself decides to whale. Instead, 100L teams are comprised almost entirely of farmable guardians, like King Orbling and Leviathan, and the challenge of getting those rare 100L drops is about being able to beat super hard Quests with teams of farmable units.

Note that Luck seems to be very buggy currently in TB2. Research is ongoing.

Friends and Frendons

(coming soon)

Treasure Hunter and Negotiator

Negotiator is a skill that increases the chance that recruitable enemies (Such as King Orbling and Leviathan) will drop. Assuming it works the same as in TB1, each Negotiator you get off on a boss will add to a multiplier that multiplies the base recruit rate of the monster.

In order for Negotiator to work, it has to trigger when the recruitable unit is pincered, and negotiator ONLY WORKS ON THE TURN IT IS TRIGGERED. The effect expires as soon as your next turn starts. Negotiator CAN stack with itself though, if you bring multiple negotiator characters, or get off a double pincer on the turn the enemy dies.

If you go over 100% recruit rate, the recruit is guaranteed.

Because you can feed dupes to themselves to gain luck, Having a negotiator character yourself or on your friends list is very important.

Treasure Hunter is a similar skill. It's an equip skill that multiplies the drop rates for items by the listed percentage, as long as that guardian stays alive. Treasure Hunter can stack if you bring multiple guardians with the skill, and if you have over a 100% droprate for an item it is guaranteed to drop.

Capsules and Capsule Consumption

(coming soon)

What else do you want to know about? If there's a topic you want me to cover, leave a reply and let me know!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Zeroelcapo, Estavali, SmilyT1 and 6 others like this.
  2. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

Might want to distinctly identify "Guardians" and "characters." For example - "If you have a character with a self buff..." -> "If you have a Guardian with a self buff..."

One particularly confusing wording is here: "Characters with the "Equipment Lore" skill, however, can equip all equipment types, regardless of what types their character has listed." Obviously, it should be "Guardians" instead of "Characters for the first instance".

3. Umowoïs

Umowoïs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I'm not sure about that. Maybe after this firts times the gacha would be very different but for now it looks like we will have a lot of B & A dupes, and for most of them I see no better use than becoming food for the same gardian you own, for skill boost, lvl and Luck. The same for equipements. I think you can keep your MIGHTYs/Zappers to upgrade your rarest guardians/equipements and fuse your lower rarity ones to upgrade themself. Don't you prefer a full lvled / sbed / lucked B guardian than 33 low copies of this guardian with no use ?

Meteclectyk and Todd like this.
  4. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

I mean to be completely honest you probably don't have even 5-10 low copies of a guardian, let alone 33. If you do (at this point in the game) you're probably already whaling, in which case you might as well do it anyways because you can always spend more.

The main thing about keeping dupes is that there could feasibly be a use for dupes, such as that in Puzzle and Dragons (a different gacha game) where you can sell premium/gacha-only characters for a ton of "MP" which can then be used to purchase other high-value items/cards.

Obviously, this is probably not going to be true, but seeing that as it is now the game already seems only barely finished, you might as well wait unless you're 100% planning on using that B/A/whatever often.

Umowoïs likes this.
  5. Umowoïs

Umowoïs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    I'm a complete Free to play ;)
    Of course I don't have 33 nor 5/10 copies now but the way it goes it will come soon enough that I will have a few of every B...
    I'm not familiar with this kind of gacha and I didn't know about P&D mechanics, so... Thanks for the informations and advices.

6. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

There is something I don't understand. What is the difference between a warrior with a sword skills and another warrior with a bow skills?

For example:

[​IMG]

Both are "warriors", but one with sword skills and the other with bows. Is there a "Circle of carnage" as in TB1 or does this mean that I have to equip the same weapon of the guardian abilities to take advantage of it?

7. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I think it's purely cosmetic atm. I have a character equipped with a Bow and a Sword guardian, and nothing seems wrong. The Sword skills even have the area correct.

For reference:
    Cut -> Sword
    Slash -> Katana
    Thrust -> Spear
    Stab -> Dagger
    Shot -> Bow

Kaim likes this.
  8. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Love the post! In the section about classes, talking about the healers, I think it would be worth mentioning that the potency of the healer’s heal spells scale with MATK. Yep, they need gear too to be effective!!

9. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

Great guide! I still dont understand the difference between mighty and mighty RNA, and if i should evolve/unleash/merge my zappers or mightys before using them to get maximum XP?

10. freelame

freelame Active Member

I fused mighty DNA to 99lv, no upgrade option avaiable and still gives the sam amount of xp as lv1 mighty. Total waste of xp :(

11. TrueShadow

Mighty is only there to Upgrade other guardians. I don't think the DNA and RNA has any significances. It's just their way to denote "B-rank Mighty" and "C-rank Mighty"

12. Akroma

Akroma Active Member

What about zapper? Does unleashed zapper give more XP?

13. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

I updated the Spellblade section with some new information on how spellblade damage scales - check it out if you were curious about that! (I know a lot of people were).

TrueShadow likes this.
  14. TrueShadow

Okay, just to clarify. Assume the following:
    > A Warrior with 100 Atk and Megacut would deal 100 physical damage.
    > A Mage with 100 Matk and Thunder would deal 100 lightning damage
    >> So, a Spellblade with 100 Atk, 100 Matk, and Thunder Cut would deal 90 physical damage and 90 lightning damage.

Is this right? And wouldn't a full physical spellblade actually be better in a double pincer?

15. Neofalcon

Neofalcon Active Member

This is correct. And yes, a full physical spellblade would be better in a double pincer.

Imo, SS should have made it so the physical component of spellblades attacks only works in pincers, like warriors. As it stands, warriors without phys amp are probably almost entirely worthless.

16. Shiva

Shiva New Member

Is there a bonus for equipping the corresponding weapon to a character that is equipped with a guardian that has skills of the same type?... ( i feel i may have been redundant somewhere)
    for example [element]shot would do more damage if a bow were equipped since bows are shot skills

17. JMC

JMC Member

Here's a question. Samatha DNA has a [F] capsule. So there's a [F] capsule, and also an in-fightcapsule?

Then she also has "absorb capsule"... How does the [F] capsule work, and how does it interact with absorb capsule?

18. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

[F] means it's a skill that can be used on the world map, so before battle. Doesn't apply to Quest.

19. JMC

JMC Member

[F] Power point generates a point inside the fight. So [F] capsule would generate a capsule inside the fight, I presume?

So presumably the absorb capsule could be used on turn 1?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  20. phoenixaph

phoenixaph New Member

What are the star ratings for weapons and how to unlock the levels/stars on the weapons?