Terra Battle 2 Gameplay Mechanics

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neofalcon, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Umowoïs

Umowoïs Well-Known Member

Medals:
    When a equipment has reached its max level you can unleash it : feed it with one item of the very same equipment (sometimes you will have to close and reoppen the app before). It will have one more star, a higher lvl cap & better stats and often a upper skill lvl for its range (mega to giga, giga to tera). B equipments usually can be unleashed only once, A twice...

Meteclectyk likes this.
  2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Yes, you use the generate capsule ability on the field, which creates a capsule that will start with you in the battle.

Absorb capsule works by moving that unit over the capsule, instantly consuming and giving only that guardian twice the effect of the capsule.

3. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Here's a question; I have Ohryu DNA and she has the skill Katana amp which says it increases her damage dealt by 1.X (increases with level) when she has a katana equipped. Does this effect stack if she has more than 1 katana equipped? If so she could be some mighty nasty damage

4. Acheron-X

Acheron-X New Member

Yes, that's correct.

5. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Just ran some tests. It does not stack higher for having more than one Katana equipped. Only the listed value.

6. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

Nice guide, thanks for starting the work!
    About fusing guardians and equipment, it might be worth mentioning that the level of the consumed guardian or equipment doesn't affect the xp gained, a significant difference from how companions worked in TB1. I'm not sure whether the S/L/U stats from the fused guardian would transfer to the upgraded one (assuming they are the same guardian, of course)?
    A question I have would be regarding how resonance works is to know whether the resonance number is dispatched between the currently equipped equipment. In short, is it wasteful to keep fully maxed equipment equipped : for instance all my armors are fully leveled, should I keep them equipped when doing metal zones, or should I remove them so that all resonance goes to my un-maxed gear ?

Meteclectyk likes this.
  7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I accidentally fused a partway-enhanced KO (SB 100 luck ~30) into a new KO and, no, those advancements did not carry over.

8. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

Cleared all my doubts, you always do such a nice work :shy:

9. Meteclectyk

Meteclectyk New Member

This guide answered so many of my questions that I almost want to frame it !
    Thank you so much !

However, I still face a little issue about the weapons and the guardians skills. Could someone help ? I think I don't choose the right combinaison of weapons for my char.
    Example on Samantha : I equipped her with a sword, but the her first attach (Thunder thrust) seems not to be triggered. (The spot is red in the middle)
    Example on Unryu . I equipped him with a Katana, but the second and third skills seems not to be triggered.
    Screenshot_20171008-093009.jpg Screenshot_20171008-092933.jpg
    Is there something I am doing wrong ? oO

10. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

For your Samatha RNA her Thunder Thrust will always trigger because the skill frequency is 100%. The thing is her weapon does not provide added range for mega attacks, so it only hits the pincered enemy and no farther. But your weapon provides range for the tera skill so that's a way better setup.

The opposite is true for your Unryu, the weapon you have equipped only provides additional range for mega skills and not giga skills, so the giga skills will only ever hit just the pincered enemy and no farther. To get optimal damage you should get a weapon that would work with his giga skills instead.

Meteclectyk likes this.
  11. Meteclectyk

Meteclectyk New Member

Thanks a lot for your help and your kind explanations.
    That would give me a serious improvement !
    But for some weird reasons I was not able to find such a weapon in my inventory so far ... :S
    None of them seems to be able to activate the giga abilities... I'll see if I can get something better next time.

12. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Weapons that activate giga skills tend to be S rate and above, but sometimes if you unleash A rate weapons you may find that they upgrade from mega to giga.

13. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

The violet staff in its final form even goes up to tera row.

14. Serfo

Serfo New Member

Wait, why? What other use can you give to those duplicated guardians?

I suppose that Z, or SS guardians may work nicely in a team with 2 or 3 dupes of them, but not all guardians are really worth to use them duplicated. Is that the only reason or I'm missing something here?

Anyways, thank you very much for the guide.

----

Oh! And I have another question: How much additional damage (comparing between them) you win by using Mega, Giga, Tera or Peta attacks?

15. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

You need to consider union rewards before feeding duplicate guardians to the original. Some guardians (like Hawke) have a Union reward that you might want to farm.

If your low-rank A/B guardian duplicates don’t have a good Union reward, and if you can cover their niche abilities with other guardians, then I would go ahead and use the duplicates for feeding. I have done this with no regrets.

It is theoretically possible that we could get burned for doing this if some future event put limitations on your guardian’s class. Note that there is ample precedent for this kind of restriction in TB1 (golem event, and new PVP scoring system).

Giga is 2x mega, Tera is 3x, peta is 3.5x

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  16. Serfo

Serfo New Member

Oh, you're totally right. I suppose this is worth to mention it in the main post.

I really regret now feeding maybe, 10 or more Ivan (the new S guardian), because he dropped a SS bow at 100%.

Feels bad man.

Thank you! Just one more aclaration:
    - Tera is 3x of Giga.
    - Peta is 3.5x of Tera.
    Or all multipliers are based on mega? (I think this should be the case)

17. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

All based on mega

TrueShadow likes this.
  18. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

And mega is the amount of damage your character does before the skill phase (or you could say their basic attack.)

19. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Maybe MW/SS changed this sometime after this was written, but after realizing something was off and doing a bit of testing the information given here is incorrect. If you look at the range grid you will notice there's either a red square or green square.

The red square represents your pincer target, any AoE around a red square will damage the target and the indicated range around the target.

The green square represents your character, any AoE around a green square will only damage the indicated range around your character.

Case in point Samatha RNA. Thunder Thrust(mega) and Tempest Thrust(tera) affect the target and the mega/tera range around the target, so these are the skills that will always hit the pincer regardless of Samatha's distance from the pincer. Lightning Thrust, Area(1) and Lightning Thrust, column(1) (both giga) affects the given range around herself and any giga range from weapons with herself at the center, these skills will only damage if the enemy is within her AoE radius.

This makes a lot more sense, because it was way too unbalanced if every single one of a spellblade's attacks would hit regardless of the AoE.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Zeroelcapo likes this.
  20. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Running some testing to confirm, but it does seem that my Samatha RNA is NOT hitting the pincers target with all of her skills, though some do always hit.

My initial assessment is that 3 of her skills are pincer+area around her and one of her lightning slash attacks is only the area around her and does not include the pincer target unless she is pincering.

This it's made really frustrating and difficult by being red/green colorblind though

Further analysis edit: it looks like the area granted by weapons for spell blades is always centered on the character, but some skills do include the pincer target and all skills trigger in chain.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Zeroelcapo likes this.