Terra Battle 2 Gameplay Mechanics

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Neofalcon, Sep 25, 2017.

1. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Well this is just confusing, I was running Fenrir with Samatha RNA and decided to check her profile again in battle, and now ALL of her equips are showing that they center around her(green square) and none of them hit the pincer target(red square). It looks like more testing is required with different equips.

Edit1: Outside of battle in the profile Samatha RNA equipped with just lvl 70 Sun Dagger(tera) with full board cross range shows a red square for her mega and tera attacks meaning these ones will hit the pincered enemy out of her range, but in battle profile all of her attacks show a green square which means all of them will only hit when the enemy is in her range.

When tested in battle though, all 4 skills triggered but only a weaker lightning damage and a higher lightning damage shows up on the enemy, meaning that she does in fact have two skills that target the enemy despite not saying so, and they are the mega and tera skills indicated with a red square. I'm inclined to think that the profile in battle shows a visual bug.

Edit2: Forgot to include in last edit but yes, any range on the pincer skills(red square) do only emanate from the user themselves as if it were an area(green square) skill, so in that sense the range for those skills add a bonus, but there is no such bonus with the skills that are inherently area skills.

Someone with red-green colourblindness indeed would have a frustrating time with this.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Zeroelcapo likes this.
  2. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Yeah, looks like we've found another Visual bug. I think the view of skills in battle is wrong.

Honestly, the view is confusing and misleading in the first place. There has to be a way to clearly indicate the difference between hitting the pincer target plus the area around the character and hitting the area around the pincer target. If we didn't have context here from TB1 we wouldn't understand how they work either!

3. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Looks like to me this is the case for spellblade skills:
    * Any single target attack will always hit pincer regardless of position. Any extra range from weapon will only give additional targets around the user.
    * Any area attack only hits the indicated area around the user and may not hit the pincer.

So seems like the difference is between extra range from weapons vs natural range.

Zeroelcapo and mudamuda like this.
  4. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Yes exactly, I don't understand why they don't include vital information like "activates in chain", "ring around the unit" or "pincer target" along with the description. In general they really need to standardize how they describe the skills because there are indiscrepancies like Mu and Tomahawk/Amizuki's augments being the exact same move but having differing descriptions, and they need to overhaul the descriptions so that they are actually useful and reflect attack multiplier/chaining or not/where the attack hits. They don't tell you anywhere that mega is 1x, peta is 3.5 anywhere and we wouldn't know it unless we played TB1, and even then that information wasn't provided in-game, we had to learn it from word of mouth/the wikia via data mining. It's just not enough to leave a graph and hope everyone can decipher it, as evident by this misconception we've uncovered. I think I'll post about this in the suggestions thread.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Yes, so we have to make sure to check the guardian's natural skill range and whether or not their attacks are single target or area only. Roland RNA for example only has area attacks and no target attacks, some like Battle-R only have single target attacks. But all spellblades still trigger all moves in chain and any range added from weapons only hits around the guardian regardless of being a pincer/area attack.

This makes damage calculation for spellblades a bit trickier.

6. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Send them an email too (marking it as a suggestion). They do actually read them. All of my responses from them have been obviously read and not just copy/paste

7. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I'm pretty sure when I checked during battle in Zmey that Battle-R's range grid appears bugged as well, outside in the menu he has all pincer target attacks which change to all area attacks in battle.

So this bug probably isn't limited to Samatha, which means I probably should send a ticket in for this, but it's so cumbersome as they'll ask me to provide screenshots and I don't wanna do that =_=