Terra Battle 2 is Reborn: first impressions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    As I thought that tobsy's TB2 Reborn incoming thread was just meant to speculate over new features and changes, I opened a new thread.

News about the update are listed here; a quick summary can be done with just 3 images taken from the same link:

upload_2018-2-27_10-35-23.png

upload_2018-2-27_10-35-31.png

upload_2018-2-27_10-35-39.png

Anyway, besides from these changes, the UI seems a lot more reactive and after 5 minutes spent playing the game hasn't crashed yet, which is something of really nice (for me).

Anyone already played the new quest that have just been introduced?

2. icehro

icehro Active Member

Hey hey

To be honest I wasn't expecting something anymore. In this update TB2 finally created something interesting and proper to the game.
    But this update doesn't bring sthg new in fact it just help to get original mechanism. Coming from SS it's already a nice move.

Event wise I cleared first quest 'Samurai' nothing difficult. Waiting to do next quests when I'll have time

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  3. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I like the changes to warrior and spell blade. Encourages mixing up your group a bit and synergizes with the fact that people have good ATK and MATK gear together, so you can use more of your best gear.

cjguitarman likes this.
  4. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

The 'damage boost' system is a great idea. Now, they need to put more difficult challenges so that taking advantage of that damage boost is necessary.

cjguitarman and Dreyl like this.
  5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Yeah this. Even if the new improvements are sound in theory, if we don't have a real reason to put them to the test then they are still inconsequential.

Though the spellblade upgrade is lackluster imo. Most people are already chaining all the units they can so they wouldn't be doing anything differently to get this boost and it doesn't make the spellblade any more unique. Well to begin with there was no problem with the spellblades before, in fact they were already a bit too strong and everyone was already using them over warriors. The problem was about how to make warriors more worthwhile compared to spellblades and I'm not sure this is achieved yet. Giving warriors more guards and weapon type buffs would be nice.

The simplified elemental interactions is naturally a move in the right direction.

6. claude

claude Active Member

Coming from TB1, the elemental interaction still looks weird (the one on the right). Maybe not so much so for those who never played TB1. As for other changes, it’s proabbly too early to judge, but at this point they seem minimal.

7. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Was hoping they would switch the artwork to higher resolution like they do in TB1. Apparently TB1 is still the best place to view Haru’s artwork.

8. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

Coming off a great Valentine event, I like this update, especially for the warriors. When playing the new quests, I find myself looking physical frendons (thanks @lynx for the Elga) just to see the orange in the warrior 2 sword icon fill up. Its like with every flank, they're getting more serious.

9. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

finally I can use my warriors in a proper way, but I think elemental change is not that good. I liked the complicated one more, cuz you had to think! but ok, we will see...
    Spellblade change is ok I guess, not used that much. No nerfs to dark multiplicator or two-hand gauntlet?

10. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Considering the new Z has the Dual-Wield Gauntlet as a 100U reward I don't think they will be nerfing it. Which is great if you have more than one Macrant.

11. Semper Pie

Semper Pie New Member

Has anyone quantified how much of a boost the consecutive warrior pincers give, or how much the spellblade bonus gives for each of the 4 possible additional unit types in the chain?
    I'm looking for the numbers because it still feels like 4 spellblades and 2 mages output more damage than the 2 warrior, 2 spellblade, 1 mage, and 1 healer set up that the new changes seem to be pushing.