Terra Battle 2 (NA and JP) shutting down!

Discussion in 'General' started by Quartzel, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

I plan on spending all my energy in the last week of August and taking a screenshots before the shutdown.

In the meantime I'll watch this thread for a bit and enjoy all this salty popcorn.

2. EASY26

EASY26 Active Member

I wish the community could take over the project and just translate stuff or so. Like a real open Source project. Just upload everything to github and they upload it to the servers after a quick check...

3. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

And succeed where MW and SS failed? They'd rather let it die than admit someone else could do it better.

I feel bad for everyone that spent money on TB2. I know it's not much, but remember all the game play issues, bugs, lack of info (mostly) was all SS. MW certainly has some part in TB2's failure, but when you look at how TB1 was all in house and TB2 was contracted out you can see the difference.

4. Joe

Joe Active Member

I know I sound like a broken record now, but I am appalled by how they didn't even offer some sort of compensation (like energy in TB1 or porting over some characters or whatever).

When TB2 initially encountered some issues with achievements, they offered dozens of energy in compensation, but when they totally shut it down they offer nothing?!!! Makes me lose my confidence in them and turns me off against TB1. :(

5. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

Alright, TB2 is now officially dead on both servers.
    Notice of Termination for JP server (Google Translation)

And to rub salt in NA/Global players' wounds, JP players are allowed to ask for refund for any unused Super Energy. :troll:

6. Ant.

Ant. Member

28 September will be the last day of TB2

7. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

The situation makes me laugh in spite of my love for the game :hilarious:

Hopefully we'll get to see the full TB2 story eventually, and Sarah will come back.
    and Kukurakan

8. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Why does this remind me of the Atari 5200?

9. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

It's over folks !

OWIE !

10. claude

claude Active Member

What a big mess, from beginning to end. Should have just focused on TB only.

11. sormr

sormr Member

wow didn't see that coming

12. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Didn't take long for the JP version to go down too. So much for the rebirth promise, everything was empty words. Well, most gacha games are shady like this but I gave MW the benefit of the doubt. Not sure where TB2's story was going but they should have just taken the story and made a different game than TB with rehashed game mechanics. But ultimately what doomed the game was all the bugs and failure to deliver timely content while trying to pull one over players with the gacha rates(initially anyways, but but the time they tried to rectify things the damage to their reputation was done). Outsourcing to SS is probably the worst decision in MW history, and it just might cost them their future. I wouldn't be surprised if TB gets shutdown too within the year in order to redirect resources to make a real game, because the TB series is pretty much a failure now.

13. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

A shit-ton of people are expecting TB1 to close up soon, not knowing about Silicon Studios' problems and involvement with the sequel.

Although to be honest, while TB1 is still playable, it feels like it's been fading moreso than ever.
    Most likely due to the the post-TB2 launch depression.

How are the market chart numbers for TB1 currently anyway ?
    People were saying TB2 JP was doing well, but I guess not.

14. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

My biggest fear is that TB2 essentially killed the entire franchise. Though a few months ago when people were looking at TB1/TB2 charts, TB1 seemed to be in a bit of an upswing. But still, after this monumental failure, unless TB3 and TW are completely done by Mistwalker, I have an inkling production has halted on those projects.

15. icehro

icehro Active Member

I'd like to share my though about this, but I'll just repeat what was said those last messages.

I'd like to speak about some major points of TB2 :
    • The lack of communication : More than the problem of contents, I was very VERY sad to see how we player (Especially NA and a bit for JP)I'm okay that contents can be a bit late to come but STAYING WITHOUT NEW for weeks just to get "Hehe surprise update ! just to be "Shutdown" It was barely inacceptable. It's like we're just here to give our fucking money and that's all. At least we got the minimum by a message from guchi who apologized for this mess.
    • Overall game : Outside of contents things I found the game really cool. What was sad is that they had everything to create something even more amazing but didn't catch this chance. Story was very nice and I had fun playing through chapter story. I won't speak about "UB" because being casual in TB2 I wasn't doing this.
    • Final words : After shutdown announce I looked over JP to see their contents and I was really amazed seeing they had very great stuff we could have hope in NA (Well that didn't finished well for them in the end XD) But that was proof that they were working on this game
    Now what is done is done and we can't change shutdown. I don't really want to find who was at the origin of this mess (SS or MW). Both companies lost a huge popularity in this disaster (And even more the TB game).

Now looking at the future of TB : Terra Wars (Or Clash of Clans V.2) and a TB3 that we don't know anything. Before keeping talking I truly want to say that Guchi is an amazing man, and I'll never trash-talking him just for nothing. But like any of us he can do some mistakes : TB1 was already a huge success and even though I'd have loved to get TB2; I think that creating a brand new series would have profit more than creating TB2. I share the same passion of creating stories, characters and art. But I think that he got victim off his own series. I won't play TW because not my style of game, I'll 100% keep playing TB1 because I think it's better to separate TB1 & TB2 in this story. And I'll play every of his new game as well as long as it stuck to my style (Strategy, tactical, casual, TB1 etc...).

I hope Guchi won't stick to that defeat and bounce again like Sean said. I know he is a wonderful guy that can do wonderful things. So YES TB2 was a huge miss, but more than a defeat I think he can learn his mistakes and create a true HIT !

Thank you for reading this wall, I'll go back to my phone and enter MZ7 with Ginny and Arionne !

16. wizzim

wizzim New Member

17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

It's likely the other way around, SS' decision to stop developing was a direct result of TB2 shutdown. Depending on the contract terms of MW's partnership with SS, if SS fails to deliver on their end they likely would have to pay compensation to MW. Either way in this kind of partnership SS would have to wait until shutdown before deciding they weren't going to do the work anymore. But it seems that SS only handled the programming and administrative aspect while MW did ask the creative stuff. If MW wanted to keep TB2 going they could have brought it back in house or found another company to develop for them(not actually sure about how plausible this is though depending on what rights SS has). The bigger problem is that TB2 already failed and wasn't worth keeping around for MW, especially when they are already diverting most of their resources to their new big project(TB3?). They don't even seen to be working on TB anymore judging from the lack of new content.