Terra Battlemon Sun and Moon 4.8.0

Discussion in 'General' started by Tharos, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

The more I hear about the new kings the more I think the new sun and moon characters won't be necessary to beat them.

2. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

What have you heard about them so far....

3. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
  4. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

1.) The moon king drops all of the companions for moon and sun damage/defense while the sun king drops the luck companion (this indicates that the moon king is set up to be beaten first, and since he drops the sun companions, there would be no way to beat him without one of the 2 or 3 sun characters)

2. The new kings have unusually low defense compared to the dragon kings (meaning they will either have to be completely immune or very close to it to anything other than sun/moon damage in order to present a real challenge)

3.) The new kings can block tap buffs, which would likely mean That other kinds of damage are viable as blocking buffs would otherwise be unnecessary.

All the dragon kings had extremely limited vulnerabilities, but that was because their vulnerabilities could be obtained with little to no energy(physical for PDK is mostly covered by trinity and palpa, all of whom are silver pulls or gotten thorough story. Clearing PDK grants axion damage which allows clearing of RDK who grants companions that deal photon damage to clear IDK.) Since there are no encounters that drop sun damage companions other than the moon king I suspect that the moon king will be vulnerable to all damage types. But the sun king will only be vulnerable to moon damage. That way we have to farm moon king for companions to beat sun king to get the luck companion.

Could be wrong, but I hope I'm right.

Todd likes this.
  5. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Mistwalker should really think in adding a skill inheritance system, so we can remove those awful skills from characters with amazing art like Dhalia and put useful skills in replacement.

Fire Emblem Heroes did it so right giving the control of skills to players, I'm not sure if after all these years has Mistwalker even realized that damage counters are pretty much useless? and that shields/status protections are very situational and most of the time useless?

Zeroelcapo likes this.
  6. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

eeeh...
    I don't want to turn the Terra Battle into that kind of overcomplicated system.

It's fine as it is, but Mistwalker just needs to step up on game balance.
    They've been lazy on this for a long while.

JCH77 likes this.
  7. theCat

theCat Member

Anyone else not crazy over the art style of the new dragon kings? I wish it was more like the original 3.

8. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Is really really not complicated at all, but is ok I respect your opinion, many developers do these kind of changes, they realize they don't really know their game as much as their own players and give up control to the players.

9. Sakenara

Sakenara Member

The main difference between this game and Fire Emblem Heroes is that they can have multiple copies of the same unit as skill fodder, while we only are allowed to have a single copy of a character at any time. I don't think anyone is that hardcore to fodder their 100L 100SB units (besides the trinity) since it's already too much work. (unless you're swimming in money and abuse the system by ensuring only that one unit is in the pool or a new player who doesn't have to worry about backtracking progress).

10. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

It might be just me but those new elements attacks have a classic sound to them. Sorta, 16 bit FF. Still sweet!

11. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

It does not have to be a sacrifice, it can be another system.

It is me or is Dhalia more probably to get than the other units. I got 5 Dhalias before getting any other Z.

12. Joe

Joe Active Member

I got Ashe and I didn't get Dahlia so probably not true. You're just unlucky :D

BlackSama likes this.
  13. velbonhaha

velbonhaha Active Member

Totally agree. The new kings look like some random cheap 3d engine generated crap.

14. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

I was really hoping on Feno, because she is the first non-too-young girl from a long time ago (maybe Zero Z) and interresting mage and that I prefer moon to sun. I had 26 energy, so perfect was possible.

first on... new char ... Markus (good skillset, nice art, but sun)
    second ... new char ... Dhalia (strange skillset, too young, too skinny, but moon)
    third ... new char ... Hakann (bad skillset, not my tast art and sun :/)
    fourth ... new char ... Ashe (good skillset, moon, but strange hat )
    fifth ... already obtained ... Ashe

I was OK with Feno and no other new char, but it's still a very nice beginning for this new patch :) Time to farm rings :)

15. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

you got 4 new characters in 5 pulls i think thats amazing! :smug: i didnt did my pulls yet i hope to get at least Markus, Feno and Ashe :shame:

16. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    She's an Oxcesian only in saying. She was built by an Oxcesian. As Doc pointed out yesterday she could be designed around the Beethoven Moonlight Sonata. Her theme is music. Her element is based on the moon. Her name looks a lot like Finale like the ending of a music piece.

17. Joe

Joe Active Member

So where is the "select a guaranteed character" event? I'm guessing it's coming at a later time? Perhaps the grayed out "Event" button at the Tavern?

18. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

After they're done milking us on the new units. Have to pay the dev bills, then they'll give us cookies.

19. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

So I've pulled 8 or 9 times and got nothing (I'm well in the golden road and have most Z too).
    I've already got 5 moon kings, did anyone try to take out Sun king with just the Otomos? Does he block taps?

20. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

Did new update get rid of over cap on gold?
    I think before update when I hit 9999.. gold and spend it I still have 9999... Gold.
    Now when I get to 9999... Gold as soon as I use gold it counts down.