Terra Wars: Clay, Diorama, & Character reference

Discussion in 'General' started by Claywtf, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

I´m not called Clay for nothing :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    usagi, Kaim and Zyron like this.
  2. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

This art style is actually really cute. Sam and Gatz^ both look really good with some stellar coloring and detail. I'm looking forward to see how they'll all look in game.

Claywtf likes this.
  3. Sharrax

Sharrax Active Member

Character design in Terra Battle is unique and has highest quality, but Terra Wars easily beats TB in that. I can't even imagine the effort it takes to create a single character for TW: you need to build a 3D model, take lots of photos of it in different poses from different angles, process those photos... Are there other mobile games with claymation?

I really hope TW will do well on mobile game market and all this hard work will not be in vain.

Claywtf likes this.
  4. Danzig

Danzig New Member

Yeah I'm also excited probably even more than TB 2

5. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

6. Soullo

Soullo Member

I hope it will come to console too, it'll would be a waste to do this game only for mobile after so much effort *.*

7. usagi

usagi Member

The world of Terrawars is a story 1000 years after Terrabattle 1. The characters are called 1000年戦士 (1000-year-warriors).
    Source: Stream of Sakaguchi on 1st December.

Kaim and Rydia like this.
  8. LegendaryFrog

I've got a feeling TB2's world is going to be the black sheep of the series.

9. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

Terra Wars really came from a point where I wanted to develop something with a very different art style. You see many games developed using CG or some other form of art but with Terra Wars I did a lot of research and found that nobody had really explored claymation. That means the characters for Terra Wars physically exist as clay and we animate them via taken photos of them in various states.

“The systems and mechanics for Terra Wars are still under development and we are still figuring out the best way for these characters to interact. That being said I wanted to combine that very cute super deformed character element with “war.” This goes back to the title, as Terra Wars sums up what the game will be about. Despite the cute and warring elements, the story is going to be quite a serious science-fiction themed narrative."

Terra Wars will have a very different set of mechanics, but it comes out next year, so we don’t really have a solid lock on the game design. However, if someone fires off an attack, that will be done in CG but at the same time, we wanted to make it feel intentionally very claymation-like. A lot of the movement is quite jerky but that is part of the charm, really. In any case, Terra Wars is out sometime next year, so we have time to investigate further.”

10. LegendaryFrog

If it's another Gacha game I'm not going to be excited. TW seems perfect for traditional style play.

11. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

They are trying to put 100 characters of TB1. Hmmm that sounds like a gacha to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017