The Infamous Sun King

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Allatar, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Yes, you should do some testing with your team.
    I discovered that the damage check is not that high.

My current team for SK is:
    Feno j2 - Schweiz Bow (capsule and damage)
    Tronic Gal - Mog
    Shin'en - MKZ (for time trap removal)
    Gego - Tronic Gal (mover once I removed the time traps)
    Amina - MK
    Ashe - MK (used to have him with his O otomo, but I changed when I added Shin'en)

With that team, with a "simple" triple pincer + PP, I can bypass the damage check without using any tap!
    Discovering that was the key to kill it, because in my first attempts, I was always lacking firepower at the end.

Now, I use a single tap during the checks (just in case). Same for the second check. Then the 4 remaining taps to one finish the boss when he enters his "hardcore mode".

Sure I have more moon characters than you have, but only 3 moon otomos (only one of them is a Z). So my best advice is: find the minimal way to pass the damage check, to have huge firepower at the end

Rydia and TrueShadow like this.
  2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I managed it. Even with Peyrna only two taps, I can finish him, I only need a triple pincer at the end.

...and now I realized I could have just used Schweiz instead of Mutoh. Oh well.

3. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Congrats!!!!!

PLEASE wait until your Feno is recoded/SBed before farming it xDDD sounds like hell haha

4. TrueShadow

It definitely takes a long time, and sometimes small mistakes can screw me over, but now that I know what I need to do it should be easier. I wouldn't say it's too much harder than, say, Garuda with no Moon no taps. Puprope chained twice is enough to get Feno to activate all her skills, and that usually kills mobs in one pincer. I think my biggest concern is more bad time trap placement and Shinen not having enough CT.

On the other hand, it is annoying how long the fight takes. That successful run takes maybe 1 hour, with S/L included. Did stupid stuff like forgetting to tap during burst turn. I saw Youtube videos and even people with the three Moonies need 15 minutes each run.

Rydia likes this.
  5. TrueShadow

Tried doing the second time, and for some reason I keep failing because of stupid stuff. Stepped on a time trap, forgot to tap, mob placement made it impossible for a triple pincer. Spent 2.5 hours S/Ling before giving up...If only this POS have the decency to not do its threshold attacks right after it summoned the mobs.

You know, both are equally cheap, but I vastly prefer Mutoh fight over this. At least with Mutoh you only need to spend 3 minutes to see if your run is screwed instead of 15.

Rydia likes this.
  6. Rydia

Medals:
    I agree doing Sun King with a suboptimal team is horrible specially bc 1% drop + 1 hour long fight xD

7. haloo

haloo New Member

So with the help of Feno^, I can beat the King with a team only one Moon unit and no extend chain, Hoorayyy :happy:
    But there's something i still unsure:
    - Is there only 5 capsules max on the field? Cause I intend to save the caps but after 5 they don't generate anymore
    - I bring 2 impair tappers for the 3rd check but seem after the first tap give SK huge decrease of Mdef, but the second one only make few decrease. I think there's a cap for impair too?
    Beat the King 3 times so far but seem he needs to wait a little for me to finish the Ultimate fives (hard mode) :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  8. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

you can only have 5 capsuls/bombs on the screen at a time (but i have discovered venom bombs doesn't count towards this limit)

Magic/physical debuffs only work 3 times on anything. Cap is slightly above 3 taps so no point in doing more then 3 a single turn

haloo likes this.
  9. Rydia

Medals:
    This is because venom bombs dont count as a "capsule", they are attack phase and count like that even for SB

There is no point in saving the caps, if you double pincer each turn you are generating 2 capsules per turn and you can stack them. If anything save 3 on screen and use the other 2 each turn. That way you can maintain your capsule stack and have 3 extra for the lunar attack.

10. TrueShadow

Feno^ is so strong, she can bypass DK damage check without taps if you can triple pincer with her. Sometimes. RNG is involved.

11. Rydia

Medals:
    AAAAA I need to recode her :D

XDDDD I was stupid and used my Mantles on Beaune or Andelucia (not sure, i didnt noticed i wouldnt have enough materials for everyone -_-U xDDDD) LOL XDDDDDDDD

12. haloo

haloo New Member

20 runs so far, still feel entertained in the fight but not sure about the next 150 runs :D
    And may I ask some questions:
    - In healing phase, only heal from Healing rod is x1,5 base on Heal 1x5 skill of Amimari, the two heal skills of Olber^ is not effected, is this correct? (I want to equip Olber^ with another MKZ but his heal skills is not enough :(
    - I read somewhere that Scheiw bow is better than MKZ for Feno^, but I only have Bewhitching bow, what should I use: Bewhitching bow or Moonking Z for Feno^?
    Thank you for alots of help and guide so I can finally beat SK (and sorry for bad English :D)

Rydia likes this.
  13. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

I feel like Olbert^s heals should also be effected by the 1.5 since its actually a buff that gets put on your characters.
    Bewhiching bow will work fine most ppl used mog anyway (10% magic/magic def) Put it on Feno^ 20% more dmg per hit/turn is alot better then 2 more hits.

Im a little impressed that your actually doing it with just Amimari as your healer.

haloo likes this.
  14. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

I kinda got into doing this boss for the Royal Ring Otomo, and now I am bored of doing this boss over and over, I am probably over 70 runs by now, lately I have replaced the usual 6x Peta Moon Otomos, for 4x Peta Moon Otomos and 2 Mogs (On Both Fenos) I am now wondering which setup deals more damage. Anyone has any insight on this? Setup is 2x Feno, Ashe, Dhalia, Tronic Girl and Amina. I believe It makes little o no difference I am just bored LOL.

15. Allatar

Allatar Active Member

I used to use schweiz bows on feno and tronic gal back (no feno^ back in time) and it was more efficient (since it allowed to go through the moon damage check with almost no tap). i need to find my old spreadsheet and include Feno^ in the balance but i'd say mogs on both feno would be more efficient except on a full tap turn.

BlackSama and Rydia like this.
  16. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Mr Sun boss tried his usual bullshit of covering himself with the mobs preventing any pincer on his very final stage with 1 hp remaining, this is NOT first time he does that BS. Sadly for him Amina got stuck in the middle allowing me to finish his 1 hp arse, check the 1 next to the monster/otomo indicator.... I have no excuse to keep lucky farming now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yuarknow, Allatar, TrueShadow and 4 others like this.
  17. Yuarknow

Yuarknow New Member

Kek almost beat sk

Attached Files:

Rydia likes this.
  18. Rydia

Medals:
    So close!!!!!

I also aprove Ellvern presence in that Screenshot <3

19. Yuarknow

Yuarknow New Member

My patience

Attached Files:

20. Yuarknow

Yuarknow New Member

changed my team from:
    -feno,elvern^,haru,sweictz,zafitte^,invicible^ To
    -feno,shinnen^,amisandra^,sweictz,zafitte^,invicible^
    I learned my lesson... I should played more defensive by avoiding grid ,while so removing time trap :3 ,i have been spoiled by elvern^ so ct4 from sweitz feels so uncomfortable :!