The Infamous Sun King

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Allatar, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Sandpef

Sandpef Member

Thanks for your feedback.
    I only have two moon characters for the time being. So I guess I should wait that the eternal PoT gives me a third moon adventurer so I can be ready to defeat Sun King.
    I will have to SB a little my characters as well given the low stats I got.

2. vicenturi

vicenturi Active Member

It’s doable with two moon charsand many taps, I beat it with FenoZ, Lio, gegoZ, annu, zaffiteZ and mizellZ.
    You don’t need to sb since the critical phases need powerpoint, but it will be a long fight

3. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

The defining factor is not how many moon units but do you have Feno? Just her alone makes things easy whether that's in battle or leeway in building a team. In terms of moon units even a few of the other ones combined can't come close to the moon DPS that just Feno alone brings(and she has caps), but they do make the whole thing actually feasible.

@Sandpef If you have at least Olber^, a bunch of MKZ, at least 2 tappers(augment or impairs) and a way to deal with time traps then you can still give it a try. You'll have to really manage the mobs, pincer formation(e.x making full use of any matk+adjacent skills)and the timing that you trigger the checks so that your taps can go the distance. Remember that even if you get past the two damage checks you have to kill him soon after 15%hp or else survive the sunlight,all attacks (which is harder to tank after Olber is guaranteed to die, unless Ardent shield works).

You can SB really quickly in Melting Pot stages with the skill box drops.

vicenturi likes this.
  4. Sandpef

Sandpef Member

Well I don't have Feno but I got pretty much all of the roaster. I mean the principal characters.
    Yes I have Olber^, Shin'en, Tronic Gal, Mizell, Dahlia (for moon damages), Zafitte^, even Schweiz and at least 6 MKZ. Hiso god if needed.
    Even with those guys it seems really hard.

5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

You have the necessary units already but you'll want to include Amina^(or A'misandra) for heals and extend chain to help kill the mobs.

Olber^/Tronic/Dahlia/Mizell^(if she's not recoded then Zafitte^)/Schweiz/Amina^ all with MKZ except Hiso God on Schweiz(or Ardent Shield/Ed'glow Staff on Olber too if he's dying too easily). You'll have 9 magic augments and 3 magic impairs and if you use 3 augments + 1 impair + PP for each damage check that should safely get you past. The hardest thing will be accidentally screwing up the attack pattern and being picked off by the mobs because the fight will be very long.

Some other tips I can give you:

- Don't worry about doing big damage to the Sun King himself until the damage checks, instead work on getting rid of the mobs before he summons more or they will swamp you. Try not to have more than 1 Blade around.

- Chain Olber as much as possible to generate caps which you will constantly be using up.

- You need to make sure Hiso God is activated every turn even if that means pincering in a place where you will have to tank a hit.

- Only use Tronic Girl or other high Mdef units to tank attacks(like the 4x6) if you have to(because you need to keep Hiso God active).

- The Blade mobs are hardy and it will take nearly all your units throwing moon damage to kill it, this is where extend chain is used and particularly on the turn before the 4x6 attack. You can ignore the chakrams since you have Hiso God.

- Set your units up on the turn that he uses Scorch so that they are out of range when his next attack resumes. Whether you move scorched units from harms way or tank hits that puts you in danger of being killed by mobs so it's better to avoid having to do either.

- Kill off the Chakrams on stage 1 and 2 first. If you kill the Blade first Chakram turns into a time trap AND that counts as a forfeited turn for you so your Hiso God will not be active when you can move next.

- Use Time extension if you have it.

- Save up PPs for the damage checks.

I don't recommend trying to grind for the ringstone like this though. It gets boring fast since the fight takes so long.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  6. Sandpef

Sandpef Member

So much thanks for your advise.
    I'll keep you in touch if I succeed with this team.