The Resplendent Dragon King Early Info Dump

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Bare, May 12, 2016.

1. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

TL;DR: Have Gravity, don't not have Gravity.
    Not-Gravity sources do 10-20% damage at best.
    Here's my test run with bad team:

Couple more:

First run of this, so setup wasn't entirely ideal. Most of my gravity units are underleveled, but had just enough to manage the clear.

If Primordial Dragon King wasn't bad enough, this is yet another DPS check fight. The difference is the only reasonable source of damage is Gravity, everything else is reduced to 10-20% depending on source.

Rotation:
    Glimmering Portent -> Photonball x2
    Holy Breath, Area(1) + Null Healing (All)

At around 40(?) percent 420K HP, RDK will leave the stage. The following three turns will summon Dracofeathers. These are mostly harmless, using only Breath, Area(1). It is imperative to take all of these out, however, as the 4th turn RDK returns to the field and consumes any remaining Dracofeathers, also summoning two Holy Starwhips.

Upon his return, RDK will flee after 5 turns. Each Dracofeathers he consumes will reduce this counter by 1. This is where you need to use your Augments, Impairs, PP, etc. to destroy him before he flees.

Post-Dracofeather rotation:
    Holy Breath, Column (1)
    Holy Breath, Row (1)
    Holy Breath, Column (1) + Nullify Healing (All)
    Holy Breath, Row (1)
    Flee

Sparklewhips will use a Photon skill orthogonal to what RDK uses. They use a MDEF debuff on the Nullify Healing turn.

PP Generation is very slow in this fight, so it is helpful to keep a mostly full bar, perhaps using a PP to push him as far as you can into the Dracofeathers phase, or if you need the extra boost to clear the Dracofeathers.

http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Resplendent_Dragon_King
    http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/terra-battle-4-0-0-update.10663/page-19#post-108438

Handy tidbit: If you exceed the Dracofeathers phase threshold while RDK is targeting Glimmering Portent, he will use his turn for Photonball instead of levitating. This allows an extra pincer before he leaves. If damage is tight, then aim to take advantage of this extra turn.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Sakenara and doodootron like this.
  2. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

Dragon kings= you want the new units.

3. Tujion

Tujion Well-Known Member

Did a blind test run.
    First part: routine pincer and dodge. Passed.
    Lightning and fire damage essentially does nothing to RDK. Didn't check other elements. Brought in 5 underlevelled Axion Dragon SS Otomos. They deal about 2300 - 3000 damage each.
    Second part: Feathers drop = Skill check. Passed.
    Gego Lambda's stealth should be useful to make pincers on feathers, though I didn't bring him.
    Third part: RDK returns = damage output check. Fail.

Gravity attack essential if one goes the magic way. (Didn't test physical way, but wikia says 20% damage.) If you have matk hopper + gravity magic, hmm... your life is easy and boring.
    Regen is useful against nullify healing. In-game text says nullify healing area(2). Should be ALL as in wikia.
    CT, of course, is useful.
    PP amp useful.
    Is the Photon generator killable?
    Is RDK weak to bombs?

4. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

The photon generator is killable, but it takes forever (at least it did for me, with no gravity units and only 3 fully leveled SS Axion Dragons). Killing it makes the orbs go away, making the first phase a joke after that.

With only 3 Axion Dragons, no Augment Magic, and no Gego though, I definitely failed the last two phases.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  5. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Fixed!

6. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Does the anti-photon shield or anti-photon capsules reduce the damage you take when you hit the circling orbs?

7. Sadok

Sadok Member

Wiki said non elemental dmg (30%) is top dmg after Gravity (180%). So for boosting some dmg, we need Chars with non-elemental...e.g. Lucia? Echo? (or is this Moogle Skill no dmg, don't know in the moment)....I didn't found more chars in my squad, I don't have new elemental 4.0.0 Z Chars.

But without Gravity Chars or Axion Dragons it seems impossible....now I have to farm MT for Upgrading (have 8 SS Axions...) ....the worst thing is:
    I have no chars to level with MZ, even with MZ6...All Chars >70.... :-( But that is my personal problem....

I hope the last dragon is beatable with "normal" <4.0.0 content, because everybody wants this +EXP Companion! And its necessary especially for leveling Z Chars.

8. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Last dragon is Graviton element, so you need Photon damage. So otomos from this second dragon.
    Sorry for the bad news ;)

Technique likes this.
  9. Sadok

Sadok Member

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :banghead::nailbiting:

10. MarxForever

MarxForever Member

Saw that. Not sure if a 10% increase will help. But it may be worth it to fill out your team with them, I guess. I do have Invincible, Echo, and Lucia.
    For now I'm farming Primordial for Slippery Sand to get at least one of my Axion dragons to Z. So maybe I'll give it a shot in a few days. Though I still think the best bet for us non-graviton owners is Koko/Sam equipped with an Axion Z, accompanied by four Casule producers and Ami Λ.

While a very welcome addition, I'd love to get my hands on. With all the buffs 34-10 has gotten lately, and the regularity of Metal Zone 6 in the arena, I wouldn't call it a necessity. Heck, I was able to get The Invincible, Amisandra and Bonna, I just pulled, to 80 in all three jobs, recode Palpa, Bonna and Ami, an then level all three of them to 90, in just one weekend.

11. P'sh

P'sh Active Member

Iirc, it was a +100% increase. Also, you can only get one. After you get one they no longer drop.

12. Tziouv

Tziouv Well-Known Member

So yeah there you go, this was posted in a japanese community:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Axions everywhere. (most were Zs)
    • Ellvern^ was there for his High MATK + CT chain + Bomb Damage + PP Amp.
    • Mages had capsules equipped, the reason is...
    • Samatha^ is the mover. She used the capsules and her innate +MATK to hit 100% cap, which combined with an Axion Z on her did good damage.
    Yes, the initial monster can (and should) be killed as early as possible, Holy Dragon is totally fine with it if you don't damage him too much in the process.
    Yes, magic bombs will cap the capsule amount, so yeah it ain't that easy.
    Yes, you can experiment by using multiple capsule-absorbing movers as the buff lasts 3 turns.

Those inclined, feel free to experiment with modifications to this strategy. Maybe you can shove a Regenercell there, or make space for more capsules but less magic bombs.

For those with the right units however, marvel at highkakin 2-turning it. :troll:
    https://play.lobi.co/video/2d3e8c67b12e8391c8f23f091d27badb18a15fed

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  13. An!mA

An!mA Member

thanks a lot for sharing this, but sadly.. if you don't have Samatha^ or Koko^ or any of the new Augments (Mag+ or All+) you're screwed..
    I have 5Axion and 1AxionZ all lvl 52-54 .. no chance at all :(

14. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    The first monster will never be respawned. It is this one that convert a few capsules into bombs, and destroy the others. So yes, if they have put him here, I think there is some use for capsules. And as you are lacking damage, not protection: eat them all!
    The boss (and all other enemies in the game) is 100% vulnerable to tapping debuffs, but not so many units have this skill.

15. legaiabay

legaiabay Active Member

Same squad as mine but without Ellvern, I replace him with Regenercell. It should be better with magic attack buff , but I still can’t manage it :p. Maybe because my axions pretty much underleveled and still rely to PP. I give my hope to upcoming recodes lol

16. Waks

Waks Member

Isn't it better to keep the first monster for possible triple pincers in retreating phase?

17. An!mA

An!mA Member

no, regardless of pincer position you'll miss at least one char who's doing dmg to the boss

18. Loner

Loner Active Member

Onark, Samba, Wee Orbling Z and 2 others like this.
  19. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

I guess that's neat. 6Z Axions is still a bit absurd.

@Tharos , do you have the actual HP threshold for Dracofeathers phase? I've pushed RDK into what I expected it to be, but it was on a Photonball turn and he hung around. Now I'm uncertain, but looks like its lower than the video Loner just shared. Passing the threshold on a Photonball turn may offer an extra turn for damage.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sean Bond likes this.
  20. doodootron

doodootron Member

I wonder if using the 4 dragons with Seiryu's MAtk+5% for dragons is better than using the typical Sam/Koko or Jennish, Lewto, etc.
    Also, if this method only works with 6 Z companions, then grinding that many slippery sands just isn't worth it to me.