Thinking about Inexorable Dragon King

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by nilnilx, May 24, 2016.

1. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

I've fought RDk 20 times so far, and can't help but look forward to the third dragon that will descend sooner or later. I'm trying to get 6 holy dragon otomos in the hope that, like the RDK fight, otomos can actually get me through IDK. But a quick thinking yields less optimistic prospect, at least for me...:zombie:

According to Wiki, IDK will rotate between vertical, horizontal and area attacks and is also capable of using four levels of graviton attacks targeting all, which I think is similar to PDK's Thrash all. So I'm guessing that one will need to combine the two strategies catering to the first two dragons to beat this one: huge amount of photon damages inflicted on the boss and magic tap buff to skip the attack-all phase or high enough graviton defense. If that's remotely true, it'll mean that besides holy dragon otomos, one'll also need a new Z char with magic tap buff (or impair) skills or graviton defense capsules. Those not having both might be screwed...

Then considering the dragon's high HP and the precious otomo's one-time-only drop, TB surely has the toughest fight so far planned for us.

That said, my only wish is that kinetic colliders and photo balls won't appear simultaneously (or in turn) in that battle field....:banghead: Also, maybe new DNA recode chars will have one of those new skills needed. My Daiana and Korin stand ready...

Of course, the wiki content is subject to changes and these are merely speculations from a far from professional player. However I'd like to hear other thoughts and maybe reliable info leaks from veterans so that I can decide if I should grind the dragon to aim for an ultimate win or just keep calm and wait for a great pull.

Tashiako likes this.
  2. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

The wiki/4.0 post is pretty much all the info now. My dollar is on a Photon check a la RDK because that seems to be the pony trick of this update. I imagine Axion (all) is intended to kill you at some point, and the Capsule Collector to inconvenience building Gravity immunity. You can't go wrong preparing Holy Dragons in anticipation of IDK; that will most likely be the solution in some form if you're lacking the new Photon characters.

3. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

The general patterns we've seen so far is that
    A) The Dragon Kings have a special phase you need to handle or you lose (Thrash and Fly respectively)
    B) You need to do enough damage during this phase using something specific (Atk Aug/Tonberry and Graviton Otomo/Zs respectively)
    C) Outside of this phase, the damage is pretty manageable
    D) There are moving traps during the fight

Given this pattern, the only thing we have to worry about is likely just B, doing enough Photon damage during a special phase or you lose. I wouldn't worry about needing Magic augmenters or dying outside of the special phase with an "All" attack. From what we've seen, the damage outside of the special phase is manageable without any special sauce. Atk Aug was only necessary because the first dragon required physical (i.e. no weaknesses). We already know the last dragon is weak to photon so it doesn't make much sense to require a second damage boost. I also don't think graviton capsules will be necessary since there is a capsule eater (so it's kinda like they wanna nerf capsules and it's doable without it).

4. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Not really looked at the code, only a quick overview:

Some new messages (all present inside the dungeon, but maybe some are just test without any way to see them):
    Takes 20% damage of physical sources, 180% of Photon, 30% of non-attrib magic, 10% of other magical sources.

Moving traps, of course (black holes this time).

Several phases (3 or 4).

Triggers something (maybe the phases, maybe something else) at 90% HP, 70% HP, 40% HP.

Conditions for the boss to modify its MDEF (-5%/-10%/-15%). Sometimes in a limited time, sometimes not. It depends on the phases, but I have no idea of the other conditions.

One last thing, very important: if you do not have its buddy (double EXP otomo), the drop chance is NOT 100%, I was wrong. The rate will be set by the server. I hope it will be changed, because for now, the drop rate is 1%... But they will probably update the value once the event is released. I hope so. I will tell you if it change.
    If you have the otomo, still no chance to get another one.

doodootron, oldriku, Tujion and 9 others like this.
  5. Bare

Bare Well-Known Member

aka Photon phight.

Ostensible bummer about the otomo drop rate. Considering this is the end encounter of the dragon grind, it would be a neat alternative to 34-10 for otomo experience.

nilnilx likes this.
  6. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

Huh...Thanks Tharos... Besides that, I'm actually totally speechless... Not just because of the 1% drop rate (as you said, it might be updated), but also the overwhelmingly more tricks up in the dragon's sleeves than the previous two. I stick to my logic -- since this is the end fight and the otomo is only one-drop-only, it won't likely be designed for grinding (unless the drop rate is really 1%, then grind 'til the end of the world) and it will be a profoundly tough fight.

Anyway, I believe TB will make it reasonable enough for as many players as possible to participate.

LOVE IT!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. Animus716

Animus716 Member

Hmm.... the wiki says 1% now as well.

This might be a rough encounter.

8. Tharos

Medals:
    Quick copy/paste from what I just said in the chat (but do not take it "as is", it may contain mistakes, so wait for tomorrow to see it ingame):

doodootron, nilnilx and FishInTheDark like this.
  9. atre324

atre324 Active Member

Jeez, that's going to make it tough. Do regen skills count towards the healing received?

10. Christian

Christian Active Member

i think regen will work...

11. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

The 1% drop rate makes sense to me speaking of the final dragon king event...as quoted "If you have the otomo, no chance to get another one." MW apparently does not want players to fight the dragon once then get the otomo and never play it again. Also, the event seems to be permanent at this moment, finally all of us will get it.

12. Tharos

Medals:
    The server was updated with the last Dragon dungeon opening date, but sadly, no change for the drop rate.

supergaijin likes this.
  13. Wiitard

Wiitard Member

Well I have no chance in getting it then, 5 days of farming rdk using all stamina for that one dragon and only 1 drop so far

14. Wee Orbling Z

Wee Orbling Z Active Member

Mistwalker's brainstorming :
    - "Hum... What could we do next to troll our players ? Anyone ?"

Ael likes this.
  15. nilnilx

nilnilx Member

- Is there a "hate" function in this forum?! I want it for this. Don't get me wrong, always appreciate new data brought by Tharos, but really don't like the news.:banghead:

- But come to think of it, that rate means it's reasonable for a player to beat the third dragon 100 times, instead of a guaranteed drop for a tough fight that may never be won. Guess a little ZEN is needed...:cyclops:

- On third thought, even without this otomo, 34-10 is great enough as it is.:cool:

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  16. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

Hmm, I somewhat would rather the fight was nigh unbeatable but with 100% drop rate than beatable and with 1% drop rate. For me endgame dungeons should be difficult, but not really farming spots where I have to redo the dungeon just for the item. It makes it just cheap otherwise. I really hope we won't have any of these colliders thingies and photons but rather a very interesting fight.

17. BambY

BambY Active Member

1% drop rate is stupid, it means that 1% of player will have it on first try .... where some other will have to kill it thousands of time ...
    It is really not good to have a one time item at 1%, it is really unfair.

18. Tharos

Medals:
    (keep in mind that I could be wrong, wait for tomorrow ;) )

19. Lin Elinmorn

Lin Elinmorn Member

Its not like XP is a problem in TB.
    So whatever its 1% or 100% drop it will not change much the leveling.

Wait and see :cat:

20. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

But you only need one, then IDK is practically game over....
    Makes sense to have it this rare.

I think it's pretty big. Cuts all grind by half if you pull multiple new characters.