This has to be the worst PvP cup since the first Amina cup

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by peetar, Jun 6, 2016.

1. peetar

peetar Member

P1 blocking off P2 for 4-5 turns so it's literally impossible to ever even get off a pincer. Yeah, that's a lot of fun...

2. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

It's really annoying lol. More so when another person from this forum does it :troll: I might just invalidate the wallers :smuggrin:

I guess it's mw fault and it's all strategy:troll:.

supergaijin likes this.
  3. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Active Member

I don't know this walling strategy until I came across @Kura, twice:joyful:....everyone is taking advantage of it now, me included....yep, no fun, but works...

4. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

not everyone :angelic:

supergaijin and cjguitarman like this.
  5. ShadowMaster

yep, I was sort of exaggerating.....but I can say from my experience over 90% of the P1s I have encountered, if they have a CT+4, they wall me, then I lose.....then I just think, why should I not wall them when I am in their place....again, I know it sucks and no fun....

6. peetar

peetar Member

This just in from the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet club:

This years Wimbleton tennis tournament has some exciting new rules!
    The constant switching of servers was causing confusion, and was very taxing. So this year, before the match starts, we'll flip a coin and the winner gets to serve every point, every game! Some players might think this is unfair (after all, the server wins more than 70% of games in pro tennis). So we've added an additional rule. If the receiver has not been eliminated after 1 hour of play, he gets to bend the server over and have his way with him for 5 minutes on center court.

Also, this year we are proud to announce an exciting new opportunity with our Platinum level sponsor Bonna(tm) Tennis Racquets! Any player serving with the brand new BonnaZ (or the less popular EllvernZ, KokoZ, or Zam) racquet and it's AMAZING CT4 technology can choose to walk over and bitch-slap the racquet out of their opponent's hands before the start of the match. That player will not be allowed to pick up their racquet until after the 5th game of the match.

7. ShadowMaster

Apparently when I walled someone from the forum it made him upset, I am sorry, dude...... @cjguitarman the thing was I could not always actually remember who walled me and who did not......so why don't we do this? I will be constantly back checking this thread, if you are using the same in-game-name, just simply like this post, then I know that we are not going to block each other in PvP to make it more fun.

8. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

@ShadowMaster , I'm not upset, I was just trying to warn you that I will invalidate when walled. ;) I also don't wall when I am P1. It's no fun for them or me.

supergaijin likes this.
  9. ShadowMaster

Yep, that is what I figured :) I am not going to ask how you invalidated :woot:, but seemed like I took you for someone who walled me before, haha, my bad :( guess we are good now.
    P.S: you played really well for this cup, keep it up and i will beat you next time :)

10. cjguitarman

Thanks, it was fun playing with you. I really enjoyed the first few days of the cup. I'm not sure whether I will play any more though. The walling has become so rampant that it's not very fun anymore.

11. Nyquist

Nyquist Active Member

Guys, don't invalidate just because you dislike the walling strategy. Yes walling is perceived as unfair and un-fun but it is a valid strategy. Invalidating however is cheating. It is sad to see people just throw their principles out of the window and justify cheating with a "I don't like how he plays"-argument. If you dislike playing PvP where this strategy is rampant just don't play during this cup. It is better to lose some energy rather then turn into cheater and lose integrity.

I mean I have mixed feelings about people who invalidate cheaters because it seems like stooping on their level. But at least it is somewhat justifiable.

12. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

:p
    If walling is valid strategy, then this Cup should be decided on coin toss :troll: I don't mind a cheap loss against someone trying a cheap win :facepalm: I usually give player one chance, if he doest it again, he doesn't deserve the win

13. cjguitarman

I'm not throwing my principles out of the window. It's not possible because there is no window in the wall. :p

supergaijin and Matthieu like this.
  14. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Not really...
    Both equal, IMO.

At this point, it's more MW fault for not patching both walling and invalidate.

15. Onark

Onark Member

Finally got to S league for the first time despite the invalids and an evil wall. I'm out this cup! *drops mic*

supergaijin likes this.
  16. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member

The same stupid arguments that were around for Amina cup v1 are coming back...
    Please stop arguing, both issues need to be fixed by MW, it is as simple as that. How you deal with the issue is up to you, and though I pass no judgement, we all know that you shouldn't be invalidating OR walling, as both are exploiting a broken system.

wrongnotes, Xeniaton and Onark like this.
  17. peetar

peetar Member

I 100% agree Ashitaka. I'm just a big fan of invalidating wallers, because if a huge majority of people started doing it. Then people would stop risking their already HUGE p1 advantage for a guaranteed win, and make it at least fun.

cjguitarman likes this.
  18. Xeniaton

Xeniaton Active Member

I have only one whish regarding that game.
    That someday Mistwalker just decide to remove that option of "invalidating", and ban all accounts that has a high percentage of invalidating, forever and ever.
    All people who would have cheated from the very beginning, would need to start the game from 0.

As for wallers, they are not competitive people, they take an advantage that is unfair, but at least, they are not cheaters.
    Yeah guys: whatever the reason, invalidating is tricking the game, it's a cheat, and it's against the little "I agree" you clicked on before launching the game for the first time.
    And for me, if people do not respect his part of the contract, then his account should be simply and purely deleted.

19. ShadowMaster

ok, i don't know how to invalidate, it's really unfair when you were p1 and walled me multiple times, but when i walled you while i happened to be p1 then you invalidated me......nice try...yep, i learnt this walling strategy from you......keep invalidating me

20. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Just because they use a "cheap" strategy doesn't mean they are not competitive. The mechanics of this particular cup are such that walling is an extremely effective strategy and someone taking advantage of that doesn't make them 'bad'... it makes the mechanics bad that such a thing is even possible on turn 1. Not walling is a choice anyone can make, but choosing not to wall doesn't necessarily make someone 'better'. Just because someone chooses to use Gego^ when you don't have Gego^ yourself doesn't make them non-competitive just because they're using what the game legally allows. Neither are exploits, bugs or hacks and it's not fair to call someone out just because they take the advantage.

I probably shouldn't teach people how to invalidate, but it's better that everyone at least understand how it's done. As I understand invalidating (and I might be wrong), it's done by changing the connection between your client and the server without changing your connection status. Basically the TB servers lose the ability to contact your client without your client telling the servers that you're no longer reachable. I don't know the specifics on how TB determines that (it could be different form app to app), but if you disrupt the connection between the router and modem it works or at least it used to. Basically if TB thinks the connection loss was 'unintentional' then it invalidates the match.

Nyquist likes this.