To recode Bonna or not

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by kingerikclusters, Jan 7, 2017.

1. kingerikclusters

kingerikclusters New Member

Bonna has been an amazing and versatile support unit:

She has healing, as well as a healing companion, as a back up healing to Amina
    She also provides regen, which again, takes a lot of burden off of Amina
    She can paralyze and/or petrify large groups of tough enemies
    She speeds up grinding with Seasoned Pro
    She can resist and heal petrification and paralysis (especially right now because I'm on chapter 35 with all those annoying fairies)
    She can tank magic pretty decently

I've started working towards recodes and I heard that Bonna^ is a great character. However, I'm wondering if I'm willing to trade off having so many support skills running for extra physical power. I'm not sure if its worth losing all the amount of support skills she can have at one time as she has been a staple asset on my team for quite some time. She has gotten me out of a lot of tough binds.

Maybe I should just hope to pull her recoded form from Pact of Truth someday and use both.

2. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Dude...Bonna^ is amazing. Literally the only downside to recoding her is that you'll run the risk of pulling her non-recoded version in PoT again. She is quite possibly the unit I use most out of anyone I have; she hits really hard, has Control Time+4 and excellent attack (so she's a great mover), her Twin Arrows is fantastic for killing units in Metal Zones 1-5, and her support skills afford her the ability to heal while packing a punch. You can switch in support skills whenever you need, but her basic Z skills are so useful that there's no reason not to have her. If you're using Bonna, do yourself a favor and use the best version of her.

For reference, the version of her I typically use has Seasoned Pro, Giga Regen, Chain, Healing Melody and HP +20%. You can switch out Seasoned Pro if you don't need experience for a fight (or just need something like Locomotion, All more).

I pulled Bonna a while after I beat the original story mode, and was disappointed that I wasted an S pull on her. I considered recoding her for a while, and finally made the jump. After recoding her, I couldn't believe how long I had gone with her just sitting in my characters list. I'm not saying her standard version doesn't have utility, but her recoded version is an absolute beast, and the best all-around bow unit in the game, for my money.

3. pwnda

pwnda New Member

I pulled Bonna Z. I don't grind sb at all. I have a 100% sb Bonna, that's how much I use her and find a use for her. She doesn't lose utility by having attacks if anything she gains more. She's great.

4. derposed

derposed Well-Known Member

Like Sean she is my most used character ever, if only because she is in every MZ run and every kino/8-bit stage.

Ways in which Bonna^ is great:
    • She can solo carry MZ1-5 and brings an exp boost along
    • She can still equip any four utility skills from her base jobs
    • CT+4 is amazing for being a primary mover
    • Strong damage regardless of how many utility skills you equip
    • MATK is just as high as her base J3 so her healing isn't hurt at all
    • Twin Arrow and area-2 skills are amazing for nailing metal rockers in the kino/b-bit stages
    • She smells musky ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cjguitarman likes this.
  5. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

What everyone said.

While Paralysis and Petrify are nice, their infliction rate is too low to bother using IMO. And it's usually better to just kill them outright.

Wards and cure skills are extremely situational. There are very few stages where you need both anti-Paralysis and anti-Petrify. You can simply switch them as needed, and switch them out when not needed.

You're trading a somewhat situational unit with a much more general purpose unit who can also fulfill those situational niches. It's a much better deal.

cjguitarman likes this.
  6. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Twin arrow most hp (2). Control time+4.

If you found her useful before, she's even better as a recode. She's the mother of everyone you pull because of her ability to clear in all metal zones. Keep in mind you can always equip the skills from the other jobs.

cjguitarman likes this.
  7. kingerikclusters

kingerikclusters New Member

Very well. I shall work towards her recode.

Thanks everyone.

8. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

You don't have to trade off for anything. When you recode a character the recode has better stats than the base character and has access to all the skills of the base character, and what makes her recode's stats great is that she gains immense physical attack stats + physical attacks while keeping base Bonna's ok magic stats(for healing/regen). Even though her recode became a bow unit she is still very much a status/heal support character(with a niche exp boosting skill), but with the bonus of contributing significant support damage when chained as much as possible and now with CT+4 can also be your mover. You choose the 4 support skills you most want(which is more than enough)from her base to suit your needs so absolutely nothing is sacrificed only drastically improved.

Same. In fact I already had her S version before pulling her Z and now I'm slowly luck boosting her S to recode her Z to 100L, that's how great I think she is.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  9. vicenturi

vicenturi Member

I watched this question but not the other answers, but im sure that they say that if you want one of the best and usefull characters in the game then yes, please, recode bonna.
    CT+4, exp boost, regen, heal, twin and area 2 arrows,... Nothing more to say.