Tower of Temptation Bajanna - B class/Job 1 Team

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by Silver Mitsuki, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    pic1.png

As there isn't a thread about Tower ot Temptation Bajanna yet I decided to open one myself, focused on the hardest challenge this event has to offer: clearing the quest with a team of B classes, on Job 1 and with a laggy phone.

Now, using a team of B classes on Job 1 isn't required nor suggested and my tip is to play with 6 B classes on job 3 first and then clear the job 1 challenge with a different set of characters, but as I hate myself I decided to play in the same way I did the other events and do both of them at the same time.

Those who are reading this discussion already had a chance to learn that Bajanna's skillset is mainly composed of AoE from playing the other 2 difficulties, so being cautious here is a must. The complete skillset will follow.

Important to mention that from time to time she'll also summon 2 minions in a random position on the map, I'll also cover this below.

I'd liked to record my run, but as in some occasions my phone took up to two minutes to just take a screenshot... well... use your imagination.

All the information collected here were deducted from me while playing, not datamined. It might include wrong information, in case I missed something please let me know.

As a team of characters with an high Skill Boost and some strong companions are "required" (well, very highly suggested) know that if you're a casual player you won't have many chances to actually clear this challenge, so don't push yourself too hard and focus on clearing the other ones ;)

In case you're struggling with this boss please read the other comments as well, as they can include some useful information. This round I cannot do a proper testing and list what I consider all of the best units and companions, if it will be possible for me I'll update this post the next time this event comes back (this is just a quick dump).

Rewards

Please, visit the official wiki for a complete list of all the possible rewards for the event.

Setup

The team I used is the following:

Screenshot_20180213-114227.png

I came really close using Gigojago instead of Slugosaur Kino Λ in a previous attempt but I died right before dealing the final blow. O'pari is another alternative.

The companions I used were Holy Bow of Genji on Bahl, Ma'curi and Grace (chainable Petabow), Star Master (Ninja Footwork, Self -- a couple of stacks and the character becomes invulnerable to physical damage) and Bow of Genji on Slugosaur Kino Λ and Jaguna.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the Chocobo companion from the FFXV event, that's a good one to use. Thanks @TrueShadow for mentioning it in your post (together with more tips)!

For those who don't know, Bajanna takes most of the damage from Bow units, so you need as many skills that use this weapon as possible. Bahl and Ma'curi's stackable buff Physical ATK x1.5 can be used to increase the damage they deal with their chainable Peta companion.

I think that one Star Master is required in order to survive to her AoE in case RNG gives you a bad spawn for the adds, allowing to one character to be placed anywhere; those who managed to pull a good number of these companions from the CoT will finaly have a chance to use them.

The power-up item Time Extension (CT+2) is a must here, so use one (select it before starting the stage, they can be found in multiple stages from the D Luck chest --right now I don't remember clearly the complete list, leave a message below if you need help from the community).

Moveset

• The B++++folk alternates the skills "Fuck You, 1 Column" and "Fuck You, Cross All": horizontal pincer in the first case, and move away (eventually focusing on the adds) on the next turn;
    • Reached 75% and 50% HP, Bajanna disappears from the map announcing where she's going to cast her "Fuck You from the Sky" AoE
      • She's gonna spawn on the next turn 1 cell to the left/right or 2 cells to the top/bottom from the center of the map, depending on where she announced she'll going to attack; few pictures can be found below.
      • She's going to deal a "heavy" (for B class characters) AoE (1 Column if left/right, Row Area on top/bottom) again, the pictures are below.
      • Here are the pictures:
        attack-left.png attack-top.png attack-right.png attack-bottom.png
        red is where she's going to land (left, top, right, down), red+blue is where she's going to deal damage.
      • After this attack, her attack patterns "resets", so if she used the "1 Column" attack, then jumped and landed, her next attack will be again the "1 Column" one, not the "Cross All" one.
    • Reached 1/3 of her HP she'll start to glow.
      • On the next turn she'll cast Dispatch, landing the status Death on the farthest character from her. When this will happen, you'll know what character you'll have to sacrifice (spoiler alert: is Jaguna :troll:)
      • On the same turn she'll also cast one attack, so if you know you're going to receive a "Cross All", move away!!
    • Every 3 turns she summons 2 Orblings, one with a turn count of 1 and the other one of 2. Their position is randomized, so if you got a bad spawn you're going to have a bad time.
    • After her "jump attack", she's going to call 2 more Orblings; if they spawn in a bad position for you or you still didn't clear the map from the previous summon, you're going to have a bad time.
    • The Orblings are capable to move even to the opposite part of the map and have an Area 1 skill (that will deal roughly 3/4 of damage or something to the poor fellows who got hit). If by using it they manage to move your units in Bajanna's area of action, you're going to have a bad time.
    • The Orblings use the Spear weapon. Bahl is going to have a bad time.
    • The Orblings also have an unlisted Area 1 debuff that doesn't deal damage and dispells the effects of Evasive skills (they move near to a character and use it). Sometimes they casted it even near to characters without this buff on (i.e. Kuscah was somewhere else in the map).
    • Already having the Orbling she summoned in a previous turn on the map won't prevent her from summoning more, so kill them fast!

Oh, I almost forgot the most obvious thing: NEVER vertical pincer Bajanna, or her "Vertical Counter" will kill you.

Strategy

Well, as I already listed the moveset I suppose you can guess the strategy by yourselves: hit, and don't get hit.

Give the priority to the Orblings, as they can not only oneshot Bahl, but also screw up your positioning and move most of your units below of her, causing the death of your team in few seconds.

If you're using my same setup, Grace will be your main damage dealer, so protect her at every cost.

The couple Bahl + Ma'curi, if charged properly is enough to kill an Orbling, otherwise always chain a third Holy Bow of Genji and use one of Grace or Slugosaur Kino Λ to attack. Use them both if you want to be sure to kill an enemy.

If you need to land a pincer, always put Kuscah (as he holds the Star Master companion) on Bajanna's area of attack. If necessary, Slugosaur Kino Λ can resist as well.

Of course, as Jaguna and Slugosaur Kino Λ hold the "normal" Bow of Genji, make them initiate as many pincers as possible, leaving Bahl and/or Ma'curi chained to let them use their Holy Bow of Genji.

If possible, avoid to pincer an enemy with Bahl (unless you're sure that there won't be any Orbling left on the field after that pincer) otherwise the chances that on the next turn they'll use the enemy that you didn't kill to initiate a pincer on her are high. If Kuscah and Slugosaur Kino Λ are too distant, use Ma'curi instead.

Oh, and Jaguna has an Area 2 Heal, remember this as well.

If someone has important tips to share or question to ask, feel free to reply to the discussion :)

Screenshot_20180213-132047.png

2. Tahnael

Tahnael New Member

You read in my mind, i was about to create a tread to ask for help, thanks a lot for the tips boss ;)

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  3. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Active Member

Sadly I only have one Holy Bow of Genji; may have to split it up so I do the job 1 challenge and B-class challenge separately.

4. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    If you hate yourself more than I do, you can try giving the Holy Bow of Genji to Ma'curi (more ATK and more chances to survive than Bahl), and give a Lunar Bow (Megabow, Area 1 -- [A class] bow that evolves from Beastfolk, Iron and Silver Bow, and drops in L100 Artemis II or in L80+ Artemis III, Eidolon available until February 20 UTC, those who might need help to get some can ask for help in TBF chat and in our Discord server) to Bahl and Grace (AoE help dealing with the adds in some stages).

If you wish, you can try using Kinos, as they have some really good stats; Kraken Kino Λ for example has at lv 80 4154 HP, 341 ATK and 246 DEF, vs Bahl's 2675 HP, 255 (+10% and buffs) ATK and 214 DEF, might actually be a better solution (and is in Arena right now).

5. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

I was able to complete this challenge with only 1 holy bow and didn’t use star master (although I do have 3 of them). I definitely split the job 1 and B team challenges for sanity reasons though.

6. secangel

secangel Member

Bajanna III is a beast when you confront her with B Rank characters... Even with Job 3 the fight is a great challenge.
    Ma'curi with Bow of Genji saved my life! (no holy bow here...)

7. sormr

sormr New Member

Great posts! I was struggling this morning on Bajanna III with the B team so good to see this here so I can do some team tuning and try again

8. Alice in the wonderland

Alice in the wonderland New Member

I managed to beat her with reinforcement Alika. She buffs bow class.

9. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Was kinda expected as she's just an helper item (while the original unit is an S class character), but thank you very much for proving that using her doesn't prevent you from clearing the challenges, I didn't consider to use her exactly because I was scared I wouldn't pass it otherwise :)

10. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Whoa, finally did it! I don't hate myself so I do it with J3 characters.

Setup:
    Grace - Bow of Genji
    Ma'curi - Holy Bow of Genjiñ
    Bahl - Holy Bow of Genji
    Kraken Kino - Chocobo
    Slugosaur Kino (level 80 because haven't leveled it) - Chocobo
    Kuscah - Musical Chord (because Bahl and Grace are at <10% SB and Mac at 30%)

Basically, always kill the Orblings first, even if you need to take Bajanna's attack. From the characters above, everyone except Bahl can survive one hit from Bajanna, but dies with 1 Orbling + 1 Bajanna attack. It's worth taking a hit to kill Orblings since Kuscah can heal everyone quickly.

When Orblings spawn, try to kill both if the positions align. If not, focus on the one with 1 turn counter first. One Orbling usually dies if both Bahl and Mac are chained, so always try to chain both. Careful though since Bahl will die if Bajanna gets her.

When facing her "jump" attack, Mac and Kraken can survive it, but the rest will die if hit. (Slugosaur can probably survive it if leveled to 90. Grace may survive if RNG likes you, but better not bet on it). So when she jumps I send those two to kill Orblings in the "danger zone".

Now, if positioning is bad and you can't kill Orblings quickly enough, try to stay away with 1 square buffer from Bajanna's attack zone. This is to make sure Breath Attack doesn't move you into her attack.

It's hard and probably will require RNG. So, good luck!

11. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    1. All units are synced to lv80 anyway
    2. I forgot about the Chocobo companion, good choice!

Moskentraumen likes this.
  12. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

All below 80 are synced to 80. Those above keep their level.

13. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    oh. my apologies.

I used a lv71 Grace and a lv72 Kuscah, good to know that I could have done more damage with a properly levelled archer.
    Thank you Zyron and TrueShadow for your posts, I totally missed this.

14. Tahnael

Tahnael New Member

I was thinking.. wouldnt artemis otomos helps ? Giga arrow 1 area + 5% attack buff sound great if you dont have bow of genji

15. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    It surely is better than a Silver Bow, but Eidolons companions aren't chainable >.<

16. Tahnael

Tahnael New Member

damn :/

Edit I finally made it, thx for the tips (especially the Akila one) ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018 at 6:57 AM
  17. sormr

sormr New Member

Grace O is another option for chainable mega plus AOE