Tower of Temptation Loli Edition (Zeera)

Discussion in 'Events' started by kramerica222, Jun 7, 2018.

1. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

UPDATED: Level 3 observations mechanics added.

Almost missed the news announcement that was below the 2nd half of the TB2 event. More candies for all. Zeera is a staff, so no circle of carnage to take advantage of. Fortunately spell damage isn't garbage and is quite usable.

Zeera's attack pattern seems to be the following:
    Petrify column --> Breath Area --> Avalance row + summon --> repeat

Upon reaching ~70% we get the following:
    Move to center + glow --> Green thumb (vine traps) --> petrify border --> breath area + summon --> reset original pattern

Upon 25% We get this:
    Move to center --> either petrify row OR green thumb --> petrify border --> petrify border (2) --> petrify all --> repeat last step

If you have the proper companion units you can probably do a Class B Job 1 run, but I don't think I have the right tools, so I did a run using B units, and another using J1 units. Any of the "tier 4 magic" companions are optimal for DPS from my experience; when doing the class B run I just picked all the spellblades and put Sun King Z on them.

Like other boss encounters, unless you are just nuking the boss with your most powerful setup (disregarding any limitations for luck candy), reinforcements should be dealt with swiftly. Some can demoralize which is a massive pain.

The green orbling is a real killer; it casts demoralize area (1), which also shuts down all skill usage! It needs to be killed ASAP.

Also, you need to save 2 PP for the final push at the end. If you can't kill the boss before getting to petrify border (2), you will only have 4 safe squares on the whole board when that attack comes - the ones directly above and below her. Then you better be able to win the following turn or you all get petrified to death.

Level 2 adds a couple of rocks that may mess up chains and some movements if you do not have stealth/hiso god. More focus on the reinforcements is recommended.

Level 3 just adds even more rocks. And the enemies' attacks kinda hurt against B setups. My megacell was slain from full HP against Zeera's breath area attack. Going to look to more kino units I think; more bulk is needed as well as DPS.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Silver Mitsuki, TrueShadow and Rydia like this.
  2. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

Did job 1 B class with Sorman, Kuscah, Leviathan Kino, Tiamat Kino, Mantle drake and Megacell. All with Axion Z, Holy Z etc companion, Sorman with the magic tap companion from U5

3. Aexact

Aexact Member

Yeah the magic tap companion is pretty good. My setup is 5 recoded Z mages with the lvl 4 magic companion (Holy/Axion Dragon or Sun/Moon King)and Mutoh with the augment magic tap companion cause she’s the only one with a magic related tap available at the level cap.

I’ve been frantically running it in hopes of getting the Final Blow energy rewards as soon as possible, haha. I really wanna pull now, while the TB2 characters are here!

Turn one, double pincer + pincer one of the mobs.
    Turn two, single pincer Zeera and kill the other mob.
    This is enough to generate a PP on turn three. Use all of Mutoh’s taps and drunkenly drag through Green Thumb thorns to get a double pincer with PP. About 450k dmg a run.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    cjguitarman likes this.
  4. janjan

janjan New Member

How are the personal reward structured? I only got 2 level candy for beating zeera 5 times yet.

5. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

There's an in-game announcement for that
    http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2018/06/-1-1.html

6. janjan

janjan New Member

Thanks a lot, of course i didn't realise it was right in front of me the whole time....

7. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

I'm lazy so I kill the boss in only two-turns.

[​IMG]

8. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Level 2 is giving me a lot of trouble - I have no idea what team to make up right now. I'm trying Kuscah/Sorman/Zan/Amazora/Tiamat Kino/Lizard Sherbert :p but not getting that far before bad luck just kills me.

9. TrueShadow

Amazora, Unasag, and Zenzoze are the best B classes to use with their stackable Mark buff. With Peta magic companion, of course. Then I use Mantledrake and Tiamat Kino, and Kuscah for a healer.

Just focus on killing the mobs before damaging Zeera.

10. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

I used Sh'berdan and Zan instead of Mantledrake and Tiamat Kino because of their 1.5 multiplier for darkness, lightning, ice and fire and gave both a fitting elemental companion.

11. freelame

freelame Active Member

Thank you for the tips :)
    IMG_0597.jpg IMG_0598.jpg

12. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Finally did the class B run. Ended up using Bahamut Kino, Leviathan Kino, Tiamat Kino, Sorman, Sherbert Lizard, and Megacell. Still went down to the wire though, as I just barely got her to run away at the turn petrify all spam was going to happen. Just pour all Z mage otomos on all DPS and a hiso god on Sorman.

13. TrueShadow

Just to clarify, you're not doing the J1 and B rank challenged together right? You know you can do them separately right?

14. Kyru

Kyru New Member

Yay Zeera II done with a free team :

(B rank, no job)

Screenshot_20180613-194211.png

Unfortunately Phi Orbling died before the end. All the chara have Axion Dragon Z.

Aexact and TrueShadow like this.
  15. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Yeah I did the J1 quest separately. Even when using Z adventurers it was still kinda close because I didn't manage my PP properly.

Level 3 is open now too. Magic with full tapping (2 magic buffers and 2 magic debuffers) allows a safe kill without Zeera ever moving.

16. aaaaa

aaaaa New Member

Ran Level 3 with only B ranks at job 3 just now.

Did it with the 3 elemental warriors with +10% equipped with tier 4 magic z otomos, Zan/Shberdan with tier 4 lightning/fire otomos, and Kush with magic tap.

Would emphasize memorizing the pattern and prioritize killing the adds that are summoned.

When in doubt of her attack pattern do next I went with row pincers (not on vine traps since she won't do vertical pet when they are around) since they won't kill if the adds aren't around and my units would be at max with double pincer compared to the risk of getting petrified (basically KO).

17. TrueShadow

If you're having some difficulties, you can use a Disarmer to neutralize her vines.

18. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Played a quick Difficulty 3 with Kuscah and 5 B class spellblades all in their Job 1 and magical Peta companion, with a Disarmer as helper item (and died when the boss was around 20% HP).
    OP already gave a complete image of what expects the player, I can just add this: screw those stupid rocks.

The 2 rocks on Zeera II were acceptable, but considering that you'll most likely need to chain all of your units in order to kill one minion with 4 rocks on the Zeera III battlefield (that can spawn/move near one of them, preventing the player from pincering them in some cases) makes the whole fight a bit RNG-dependent.

I'm curious about using the Ultimate Five's Light of Incantation (single MATK Tap companion) on Kuscah, but I think I might want to try with a Eternity Hourglass (CT+4 companion) first, hoping to have a better time (crossing my fingers that one less Peta companion won't prevent me from shotting the minions).

OP said that "the green orbling is the real killer", but I don't really find his [Demoralize, Area (1)] that bad, as in most cases can be avoided pretty easily. The blue orbling on the other hand kills 2 adventurers that have been hit by another attack (usually Zeera's [Breath, Area (1)] ), that's your real enemy in my opinion.

I'll eventually post a video/screenshot later today of me clearing that stage.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Again, the [JOB 1] and the [B classes] challenges can be done in 2 separate runs, I just like to do them together.

EDIT: Here you are the pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, as for Bajanna I don't really suggest anyone to do both of them in one run.

In case you're as masochist as I am, here you some quick notes (from what I remember, hope I didn't forget anything):
    • Peta magic to everyone. I tried making Kuscah hold an Eternity Hourglass and I can tell you that some extra damage is always welcome as it can put you out from troublesome situations... plus if you're aiming for a B + Job 1 challenge you should already have the skills for doing it "only" with Kuscah's CT+2 passive.
    • Physical is useless here. Don't believe me? Use a Shin'en team and use 6 taps on one turn and you'll understand how much the B classes Bahl and Ma'curi will be of help on this challenge.
    • Kuscah will of course be your mover, but this doesn't mean that will be the only character you'll be allowed to touch finger maneuver.
    • The skills to equip are of course Damage and +HP passives
    • Remember the boss' patterns, listed on the first post of this thread
    • Kill the minions as soon as they spawn, if possible. Start with the blue ones, as they damage one random unit while the green one, as it always hits in Area 1 is more predictable, allowing you to place your units nearby the boss without fearing for her attacks.
    • When pincering a minion use 2 spellblades, not Kuscah + 1 Spellblade, otherwise there are good chances it will survive.
    • Start the fight with an horizontal pincer like this:
      [​IMG]
      Both the minions will go for a pincer instead of using 2 Random shots, and on the following turn you'll be able to kill one of them immediately. The other one will follow on the very next turn, and in the meantime you'll be able to damage the boss as well!
    • The fight has some RNG, considering not only that the minions can spawn in unpincerable positions, but the boss can also block your characters in some unpleasant tiles. Here a couple of examples:
      [​IMG]
      If possible, keep your units near the center of the field to avoid situations like the one on the second screen.
    • Save your PP. You'll need them for the final threshold, when Zeera will be with about 25% HP left: I didn't see the skill by myself, but @kramerica222 wrote that after summoning 2 vines and casting a [Petrify, Border], she'll proceed with a [Petrify, Border (2)] and [Petrify, All], and you don't really want to end up losing right at the end.
    • Make use of the AoE. Zenzoze and Amazora can deal some great damage to the nearby enemies, I've killed some almost dead minions by simply chaining them.
    • Again, bring a Disarmer. Don't go for Helper Items like [Reinforcement Alika], [Time Extension] or [EXP Boost] (???), and don't even dare to think about not using one at all.
    • I didn't try to use companions like the [Star Master] to elude physical damage, but remember that at the end of the fight you'll need to deal damage before ending up petrified.

EDIT 2: Adding few extra notes from time to time, reordering when I'll have the time:
    • If you lost your focus and don't know what attack is coming next, remember to look at the number of enemies on the field: if you see 2 minions on the map (with full HP), then the chances she just summoned them is high, so she's going for a Petrify Column skill.
    • Rydia confirmed that Zeera II glows 2 times as Zeera III: on the second time her pattern is [vines / breath / petrify border / petrify border 2 / petrify all]. Final (2nd) Vines on Zeera 2 are central (as for the 70% threshold), while on Zeera 3 they touch the 2/3rd rows and 6/7th row.

19. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

I did the J1 challenge; turns out Peyrna is still e-mazing even when stuck with J1.

20. Semper Pie

Semper Pie New Member

I've got all the rewards now but I cannot see what the Zerra reinforcement item does. The little question mark description is blank. Does anyone have the details on the skills. The wiki looks like it's listed in Japanese only.