Trying to determine if I should reroll

Discussion in 'General' started by Benandmusic, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Benandmusic

Benandmusic New Member

So I just finished chapter 12. It seems that I've stopped getting rewards for completing chapters for the most part, so the recruiting has slowed down considerably.

Since I just saw the event that ends soon that guarantees better pulls when done 10 at a time, I feel like I've kind of gotten the short end of the stick.

Here's who I have (multiple jobs) aside from the default characters like Bahl, Amimari, Ba'gunar, and Palpa

-Grace ^ (she only has 1 job but she's S class so I thought I'd mention her?)
    -Harold
    -Kuskah
    -Manmer
    -Dracorin

The only other B classes I have are Cybergolem and Sabertooth king. Everything else is C or below.

I'm still very unsure what makes a character good, but it certainly seems like my pulls have been pretty awful. Anyone care to weigh in?

Edit: add Ka'pori and Ra'prow to the list

2. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Reroll till you rolled Mizelle.

Rydia likes this.
  3. Benandmusic

Benandmusic New Member

I appreciate the reply, but that is not helpful advice.

tieuzbao likes this.
  4. Zeltian

Zeltian Member

you can get through the main story with basically pretty much any team.
    You can recode Bahl after chap 20 too and she will become your better asset.
    Rerolling is ok if you don't mind re-doing everything from scratch, but it is not necessary.
    Just save energy till you get 50 of them and wait for the next 10*2 pull event, they come pretty often so it really isn't a big deal if you couldn't pull this time.
    with Bahl, Grace^, Harold, Kuscah and manmer (for the circle of carnage since you have 2 good bows) your team should be good. You just lack a mage to go faster.

5. DEaK67

DEaK67 Member

Grace ^ is a recoded character meaning that all 3 jobs were leveled to 80, then she was recoded makes her stronger, Shes decent used to be alot better but they nerfed the def debuffs. What you can do is go into setting pick the transfer devices thing, (not 100% what its called) get all the info / set a password and write that down somwhere. Then give starting a new game a try n see if u can roll characters. *when i started i knew this was possible but i just didnt feel like bothering with it. You can always just come back to this game. Give restating a few tries and if u get bored/have no luck just play with this team. Besides the lack of mages its pretty decent Grace and Bahl esp once u get her recoded will clear pretty much anything besides the 30+ chaps

secangel likes this.
  6. france001

france001 Active Member

If you plan on continuing without resetting, and you feel like you need a mage, the recruitable Bahamut and Leviathan are good choices, and they also can be recoded too. However, very optional.

Sean Bond likes this.
  7. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

id reroll now that the rates are up. if you dont mind taking over a used account that has had some progress i have a spare alt i could let you have.

Rydia likes this.
  8. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Those are pretty good pulls actually.

Bahl is actually one of the strongest physical damage dealers at high levels. Then you can "recode" (something like evolving her) her into Bahl^, who is even stronger.

Grace^ is also one of the best bow units in the game. She's a "recoded" character, so she can access all skills from regular Grace right off the bat. Look at her skill slots.

Kuscah is tied with Sorman for 3rd best healer. He's actually better than Amimari thanks to Heal, All.

Harold is also a strong Bow. Among the best of the A ranks.

Manmer won't be of use early on, but when he learns Augment Circle, he will let your bow team destroy spear teams extremely easily.

Ka'pori is basically Sword version of Manmer.

Ra'prow is bad though. Use him until you get a better Spear unit.

9. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Ok the first reply was the best you could get. I totally totally toally recomed you to reroll.

If you can reroll for Mizell thats awesome.

If not here you have other good units that would be nice to reroll for:

Priority 1:
    Mizell
    Photon: Sayu
    Tappers: Peyrna Schweiz Annu Gatz
    Gegonago

Priority 2:
    SS or Z mages: Lewto / Jennish / Zerro / Pizfer
    Amina or Amisandra
    Yukken (nego pro isnt as useful right now but we dont know in the future)
    Bonna

Any account with Bahl + Any of the ones I listed is way better than the one you have. You should really aim for some.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    doodootron and tieuzbao like this.
  10. andr3174

andr3174 Active Member

I think no one can answer that yet. First how do you plan to play this game will you play casual, will farm alot, or will go hardcore on it?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    france001 and Rydia like this.
  11. Rydia

Medals:
    If you dont want to reroll for the characters I suggested there you can just choose an account from the giveaway thread, I also have a few more that even if they arent impresive are still better than yours so if you are interested I can give you the details. They arent awesome though and I would highly recomend you to reroll for the list I gave you.

12. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Sorry if my post didn't sound helpful, it is basically a very rough summary of Rydia's post. It's a resounding yes to reroll regardless of your playstyle ie. casual or hardcore.

Rydia likes this.
  13. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

As someone who refused to re-roll on account of it being a drag, I'm not a huge fan of re-rolling, but do it if you feel you must. It's the 1 time in the game that you can effectively keep trying to get whatever character you want (albeit with pretty low odds), so in that sense, it's valuable.

With that being said, the team you have now is a perfectly good start, and better than the one I started with, so you'll be fine if you're patient. As has been mentioned, Bahl when recoded is one of the absolute best units in the game, and Kuskah is an excellent healer (not necessarily endgame tier, but he can definitely take you through the main game). I'm not a big fan of Palpa, but she can be recoded into a decently useful unit as well.

If you don't re-roll to find that "perfect" character, I would recommend saving up your energy and pulling during the 10/2 events ("Pull 10 times, guaranteed 2 S or better). That way whenever you pull, you'll be guaranteed 2 or more characters that are potentially some of the best in the game. In addition, Z odds are up during these events, which is also important, since Z pulls are pretty rare (and some of the natural Z units are the absolute best and most necessary for the aforementioned endgame).

14. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Rerolling is putting an already easy game in super-easy mode. You really don't need fancy characters to beat the main story, and by the time you get to the endgame where you do need fancy characters, you'll most likely have pulled some of them along the way anyway.

If you have the patience to reroll until you pull Mizell or Gegonago, then ok maybe you'll be happy about it **in a year or so** when your team is strong enough to be taking on the dragon kings and Shin'en/Mutoh, but it will be a looooonng time rerolling and playing the tutorial chapters over and over and over before you see Mizell (a natural Z). And by then, who knows, we may have totally new bosses, or Mizell could have been nerfed/surpassed by power creep, or the game could be dead entirely.

Sean Bond likes this.
  15. EricTheMostRed

EricTheMostRed Active Member

I'm also not a fan of re-rolling. Your team is definitely fine to be able to take on the main story (it's far better than mine was). You'll pick up additional characters as you go. If you're having trouble with a particular chapter, you can probably just level up in a metal zone and then you'll be able to beat it. It's only when you reach the end-game bosses that you need particular characters/skills.

You can also pick up some good characters from the coin Pacts (Invincible ^, Seiryu ^, Suoh, etc.) and Baha/Levi/Odin from the Arena.

16. Rydia

Medals:
    If you dont want to reroll I have an account with Amina^ + Bahl + Amimari (i dont remember the other one but is a silver) that would be already better than yours. So if the problem is rerolling I can give you that one. I have been doing some rerolls for you :3

Sakenara and Sean Bond like this.
  17. france001

france001 Active Member

If you do re-roll, at the very least, shoot for Bahl. Hands down, Bahl is the strongest DPS in the game right now and for most players, she's the first character a player gets off the bat. It would be nice to get a Z-rank at the beginning of the game, but if it's not a recoded version of something else, you will find it very difficult to get job up items for them... So if you roll a Z, and it is a recoded^ character than I would consider it a plus, however, not necessary to enjoy the game. I didn't re-roll but I am happy about what I got so far.

18. Sakenara

Sakenara Member

Rydia likes this.