Trying to obtain leviathan. Advice?

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Domon, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domon

Domon Member

I'm currently on chapter 18. Most of my characters are level 40-50.
    I can easily clear Leviathan descended and have done so 5 times with zero Leviathans.

I've tried Leviathan Evolved and have 2 issues:
    1 - I don't have any ice wielding units
    2 - The cross attack one shots any of my units who happen to get caught in it

I find the attacks easy to avoid but the amount of damage I do with the barrier up is so small I end up dying eventually anyway.

Advice on best way to collect him? What is the drop rate in descended? How much better is it in Evolved? Are there any easily obtainable characters that have ice?

2. Zebra

Zebra Active Member

You can either attempt to kill the boss very fast with grace,
    Or do it very slowly with a levitation unit helping u survive maelstrom.
    Having a control time + 2 unit will definitely give u a easier time dodging her moves.
    Having anti-ice caps will help u survive the attacks too.
    Do aware that leviathan drops in lower difficulties too, so you can just try grinding them if the ultra one is too hard for you.

3. Domon

Domon Member

On the descended or evolved level?
    How would I kill the boss very fast with Grace?
    I use Ellvern with levitation. I'm able to effectively dodge, but what about the icicle damage that hits all party members? does that attack happen on Level 2?

4. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

I am moving this to Squad Help since you are asking advice for a specific dungeon.

I have completed Neo Leviathan myself with an almost maxed team (all members L70, job 3) without any ice elements. However, some members barely survived, so I can see why that is difficult for you.

For drop rates, please refer to the update notes, these have been discussed many times in the forum.

Also, to get advice, you should probably mention which characters you have (rather than saying your characters are around 40-50 level).

5. Domon

Domon Member

I've seen drop rates for Omega are 100%, drop rates for Evolved are "half that" and drop rates for descended are "low" but no one really specifies what "low" means. the stamina ratio is 40/25/15 and the drop rates are 100%/50%/x Should I assume drop rates are 25% or lower?

6. Myskaros

Myskaros Active Member

Kivanc likes this.
  7. jnalyz

jnalyz The Data Gatherer

For anyone who has negotiator plus, the easiest way to get Leviathan by far is to activate it when killing him (which you can guarantee with a power point) to make the drop rate 100% in Leviathan Descended. Even regular negotiator makes it 100% drop rate if you activate it twice with a double pincer that kills him.

Kivanc likes this.
  8. dominichello

dominichello New Member

i got it on my 6th easy mode try.. where as my mate got his on his first easy mode try

9. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

Are you 100% sure about this? I just got yukken, my party is strong enough to beat 3rd dungeon probably but id rather spend my stamina in levelling up characters

10. jnalyz

jnalyz The Data Gatherer

From what I've seen in the code/data, a single activation of negotiator plus multiplies a monster's drop rate 9x, so 20% (the drop rate on the easiest dungeon) times 9 easily reaches 100% (and a double activation of regular negotiator is 5x, which is just barely enough to reach 100% chance as well). I tried it out just now with Yukken and got Leviathan easily on my first try. I think I was probably wrong about negotiator (plus) being able to stack across multiple turns, which is why I included that it should be on the turn that kills him, with a power point to ensure it activates and make it easier to kill him that turn. After you have Leviathan, the only way to get extra Leviathans for skill up purposes is by beating the 3rd dungeon though.

Kivanc and Chev4 like this.
  11. Domon

Domon Member

Got it on my 5th run of descended!!

12. ibuki

ibuki Active Member

I suggest you focus on level up on 15-9 and time the metal zone to get your guys to lv50. then you can finish descend.

13. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

15-9? Why not 20?

14. Lionel

Lionel Active Member

I dindt know there was a negotiator and a plus version which isnt stackable, which one does yukken have? Is it also good for items?

15. jnalyz

jnalyz The Data Gatherer

Yukken and Rikken both have the plus version. Both types stack additively but (I think) get cleared at the start of each turn. Neither affects items, only monster drops.

16. momochi

momochi New Member

here's the grace method of kill the third levi. just make sure that she is in all 4 sequences of attacks to apply four stacks of defense downs on levi.

Lionel likes this.
  17. ibuki

ibuki Active Member

I think the poster is only at chapter 18

18. Kivanc

Kivanc The Data Keeper

Hyourinmaru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.