Ultimate Five (Normal), No Natural Z, No Magic Taps

Discussion in 'Levels & Bosses' started by TrueShadow, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Tometo

Tometo Member

I don't know what kind of masochist I am for trying to challenge Garuda with mainly dragons, but I finally managed to beat her after dozens of SLing with the following team:
    • Kuscah + Tronic Gal otomo - heals, def boosts
    • Seiryu + Moon King Z - HP+10%, dragon matk+5%, darkness skills
    • Seiryu^ + Moon King Z - dragon matk+5%, darkness skills
    • Leviathan + Moon King - ice skills, mdef+10%
    • Leviathan^ + Moon King Z - ice skills
    • A'merpact^ + Moon King Z - matk+10%, ice skills
    I was able to follow TrueShadow's strategy except for the opening turns, which depend on a lot of RNG. Because of it, I had to spend more turns killing Neottoths trying to play safer. Not to mention only the Seiryus can safely tank Garuda's attack.

In addition, Garuda's threshold for her last phase seems to be around 360k HP, as long as she isn't charging her attack. In this respect, she seems to act very similarly to RDK, so take advantage of it if you can. I also noticed that scorched units can be moved safely up to 3 times.

TrueShadow likes this.
  2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Congrats! That's gotta be hard as hell. Salute for you for managing to do it.

This is a great discovery! I just tested it out, and yeah looks like you can do two more swaps after your HP gets drained.

Tometo likes this.
  3. vicenturi

vicenturi Member

Gatekeeper done!

Team: Violet, ZerroZ, both Seiryus, Shinen, AminaZ. 5 axionZ and tronic gal in amina.
    Harder than I spected due to fotoloth and their chain :mad:
    Not 100 luck team, you think passive of genji worth the effort? I can change zerro for pupropeZ .

Time to quyat.

4. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

Thank you TrueShadow, Garuda is finally done !

Using exactly your team, after some tries, i am arrived to the last part, with a superb ennemy position : 2 perfects row aligned.
    when garuda come back, only two ennemies remained.

The last part was a little "YOLO" : too much excitement, so i do a lot of mistakes, and i finished with 3 characters :(

But it's done, time to face the gatekeeper

TrueShadow likes this.
  5. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

And Gatekeeper done !

I thought it will be easier, but this one really irritated me :$

The mad developer who decided to invert the dialog box and the move deserve a medal, it's REALLY exhausting to plan your move, and then, have a doubt : "did he write Right, or did he write left and i already converted to right ?!"

Using Zerro^ and amisandra instead of puprope and anima, because i don't have the others.

Care with Zerro^ : if you dont take hp20% or defmag + 10%,you can be OS by gatekeeper attack.
    Amisandra does not have natural CT+2, and it's REALLY annoying, especially on the "???" turn, where you lost your tronic gale buff.

TrueShadow and Rydia like this.
  6. TrueShadow

Zerro is actually stronger than Puprope so you're actually lucky to have her lol.

For the dialog box thing, you can think of it as "what you should do" instead of "the opposite of what he's going to do":
    HORIZONTAL -> do a horizontal pincer
    VERTICAL -> do a vertical pincer
    LEFT -> move to the left
    RIGHT -> move to the right

If you're having trouble moving without CT, you can use an Hourglass Companion on A'misandra instead. That means she's your only mover, though.

Quyat and Apostolos are easier, at least, since they can only attack column and row respectively. So if you only do horizontal / vertical pincers you'd never have to worry about getting hit.

7. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

yeah, i like zerro^, but i was in a "all damage slot" technique, it wasn't my best idea :D

I found tronic companion more useful because it let the possibility to move a more useful character, but it is less consistent than hourglass.

And, for the "mvmt", i got one principal problem, it is that you only got (in *3 speed) around 1 second to read the text. If you are distracted by something, there is not easy way to found WHERE the gatekeeper will shot.

In moon king, you can analyse boss position to know if you are in *2 column, grid, or *2 row. I didn't find same kind of logic on gatekeeper.

Anyway, thank you for the advices

8. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

For the lulz I'm looking at farming the other bosses to see what else they could drop; the wiki's luck drop list isn't complete.

I've only killed Quyat a second time, and it dropped a King's Shield V2 at 100L and a Quyat companion at 80L.

Also, skill candy can drop from the D luck chest from Agartha.

9. TrueShadow

The notable drops are the Giga companions of their elements, and the v2 Shields of the associated ailments (Sun - Scorch, Gravity - Shadowbind, Moon - Lunacy, Photon has no associated ailments so Gatekeeper drops Pavise of Genji instead).

Yeah, current goal for these bosses is to farm Agartha for Skill and Level Candies.

10. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

i have finally killed all the bosses. (i accepted to recode koko in koko^, and it was easier to kill the moon guy :D).

Is it really worth to chain kill agartha ?
    i don't have the perfect team for it (no bahl, only palpa and gatz for AA), and skill/level candy doesn't drop at every try + i'm clearing Luck Pact. So i'm not sure is it THAT useful.

in my opinion, to the moment, CT are more usefull for me. (at least until i gain hisogod/Grand peta)

11. TrueShadow

Skill candy is for those who think SB grind is too tedious, or if you need someone to get high SB fast. It's just another stamina dump. If you think CT is more important then go for CT.

12. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

I kinda stopped farming these bosses and went back to Dracorin. Luck farming is so annoying but want new sayu at 100 luck.

13. kramerica222

kramerica222 Member

Not to mention how fast Sayu gains skill boost anyway :p

14. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    A few numbers/facts for Apostolos (normal):
    • Shield takes 100% damage from Fire, 25% from Sun (so 50% due to fire-moon affinity), 0% from other
    • Shield breaks after 50k damage
    • Without shield, takes full damage from Sun (so 200% damage because it's moon), 125% damage from Fire, 0 from moon/ice, 10% from other
    • The "The temperature's dropping" message before creating a shield is at 65% HP
    • To avoid this new shield, you need more than 10k Fire damage. Yes, Fire only. Sun is useless for that.
    • Berzerk mode is at 30% HP
    • Contrary to other 4 bosses, Apostolos keeps the Fire vulnerability in HM. Numbers are the same, Barrier is the same. The only noticeable difference is the 75% damage from Fire instead of 125% for NM

15. TrueShadow

So you actually need Fire for Apostolos, huh? Interesting. One of its minions is even Ice-elemental rather than Moon.