Units for martial mace

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by turbster, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. turbster

turbster New Member

I wondered what units are good for martial mace and made a list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j3iAbbKffqtSwd9hXuy7KIfEDzbKiM7YCTI8yCJlGQk/edit#gid=0

Tl;dr:
    The best unit by far for mace is Ellvern ^: MM nearly doubles (+86%) his phys dmg with +1962 dmg in a pincer with one poisoned unit.
    Posion several units and chain activate and the phy dmg dealt is at trinity level.

The next in line in terms of absolute dmg gains in pincer with MM are:
    • Jaguna (not ^) +1092
    • U'nasag +1071 - So Let's hope there will be a recode for U'nasag soon :p
    • EDIT: Mizell ^/Mizell +989/+898
    • Samatha ^ +892
    • Puprope ^ +700
    • Daianna ^ +672
    • Nakupi ^ +598
    • Invincible +580 (recode!!)
    The highest relative gains are Mizell (+97%) Jaguna (+90%) Mizell ^ (+89%) and Puprope ^ (+82%), all still pretty bad phy dmg dealers :)

Also considering chain activations everything becomes a lot more situational.
    Highest gains pincer + chainx1:
    • Ellvern ^
    • EDIT: Mizell ^/Mizell
    • Puprope ^
    • U'nasag
    • Jaguna
    • Samatha ^
    • Nakupi ^ (has Attack +10%, Self, 30% !)
    • Apirath
    • Daianna ^
    Interestingly Lucia ^ has relatively little gains, also Koko ^, Amazora ^ and Jaguna ^ are worse than expected.
    Those were the units I have (except Ellvern ^ of course :D ). What have you found?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    doodootron likes this.
  2. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

It's still wasted on most of those units as they don't have physical skills to go with it.
    Probably best user for mace is Mutoh, shinen and Zellvern maybe Zamatha. There are few other units with higher matk and physical or hybrid attacks but they are mostly useless chars.

3. turbster

turbster New Member

Yeah, I didn't bother to look at units that don't have physical skills. I was most interested in the numbers for Daianna^, Puprope^, Lucia^ and the like that have phy dmg skills.
    The highest not-maced physical dealers from the list are Jaguna ^, Zamatha, Nakupi^ and Sh'berdan^. So what I learned was that it's possible to make Nakupi and Zamatha a better phys dmg dealer than Sh'berdan :)
    Also it was interesting to see that there are so many phys dmg dealers that have higher matk than atk.

Mutoh and Shinen probably have better options than mace I guess.

4. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

Did you skip Mizell? She has horrendous Atk values but a third of her skills do physical damage.

5. turbster

turbster New Member

Added Mizell ^. Most of her skills are non-elemental magic only sadly.
    She gains quite a bit but has only two phys. skills only one of which is in chain. So she is still way worse than most of the other sword/magic combo guys.

FishInTheDark likes this.
  6. Aleksandair

Aleksandair Member

Which character benefits more from martial mace than from the usual physical companions like skullsplitter, CE, bow of Genji ?

Phage likes this.
  7. turbster

turbster New Member

Well, all of the good candidates for martial mace are mediocre to terrible physical damage dealers. So they don't benefit from CE and the like to begin with.

The use case for martial mace is when you need both phyiscal and magic damage and don't have the space in your team to fit all the best units.

8. Aleksandair

Aleksandair Member

I expected the most useful ones to be Z Healers you could bring to quests that requires physical dps but where having a healer able to deal moderate damage would be relevant (or Z mages if there is bonus metal runners).

9. Guaparrón

Guaparrón Active Member

Jaguna Λ seems to be the best option, at least in my rooster.

10. turbster

turbster New Member

One good choice I forgot is Leviathan ^: Twister is an area (2) 2x phys attack (ground units only) that activates in chain!
    L100 possibility doesn't hurt either.
    Look at the list: Jaguna ^ gains only 8% in a pincer. Everyone below 10% gain should definitely go with Skullsplitter.

I added the "chain area" column because some units can become interesting remote physical damage dealers. Best area effects are Leviathan ^ and Nakupi ^ with 24 fields each. Amazora ^s area (1) + diamond attacks are getting more interesting, too. Point for using Lucia ^, too because this makes her the 2nd best phys damage dealer in chain with pincer area (1) - at least 16 fields - and 3.7x staff damage.

11. ashael

ashael Member

What about Amimari or Callisto? The heal-sword hybrids? Doubt it influences you taking them as extend chain is far superior.,

12. Léo

Léo Member

Amimari j3 would gain 431 dmg when pincering (0 when not)
    Calista wouldn't gain much since her Matk is already almost the same as her atk.

13. turbster

turbster New Member

How did you calculate? I got +552 dmg:
    (Mult 3 + normal attack 1) * (matk - atk)

More correct is adding 1-25 dmg from MM itself.

14. turbster

turbster New Member

New top-bearer: Invicible ^

It is in the same league as Mutoh and Shin'en - and for free! With martial mace the phys damage gets up to ~3.6k per Pincer AND chain.
    So if you have mace and need both physical and magic dmg, keep the mace equiped. King Orbling, Vengeful Heart, 8-bit Alien all will suffer :)

yeezus and Vicioustein like this.