Use for featherfoot?

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by tieuzbao, Dec 25, 2016.

1. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Wikipedia description doesn't make sense to me. Ability to sneak up on Runners when moving slowly? Say whaaaa...?

2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Exactly what it said. Runners won't run when you move your characters near them slowly.

3. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Very limited use imo. Even if you can sneak beside a runner you still need another character to pincer it, which either requires that the runner spawn right beside said character or your mover with the Featherfoot to waste moving time going slow to set up the pincer for just a single runner.

You're better off using the move time to set up AoE damage to kill the Runner with. People have been doing this successfully for all this time now so this companion in the TP is a waste. That it was apparently a cup prize from before makes it all the more worse...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Sean Bond likes this.
  4. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

It's the Runner Cup top 50 prize (I think it's the top 50). When it was first released there was far less AoE in the game. The 4 z mages, BLO^ and a handful of others... all high rank. Now there are so many recodes with so much AoE that it's much easier to go without FF. However, if you just joined the game and have limited high damage AoE characters then it's still a valuable tool for those few maps where it's mostly Metal Runners that spawn. Just because a long time player doesn't find it valuable doesn't mean it's not a good idea to include it in the TP.

Terra-Em and ZXIANG like this.
  5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I guess with Metal Rockers now people are particularly wanting to kill these no matter what so the use could be there.

But as soon as you get even one mage and another with AoE damage it would become obsolete fast. For the longest time my best AoE characters were the original B/L/O, Amerpact and whatever else A/B I had and I made it through until MZ6 just fine.

6. Hubert Ozwell

Hubert Ozwell Member

FWIW sometimes it's optimal/required to start a pincer on a runner (Metal runner rampage, good pincer position using a runner in MZ etc) and in those situations you almost always have some fodder low level units who can be used as a mover for that one turn with featherfoot on.

wes likes this.