Vengeful Heart Guide.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rydia, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    BRAINLESS VH ALL BRANCHS GUIDE:

This guide explains the number and the order of runs you need to get everything in VH without need to look at any charts. Everything must be done in the order showed in the guide.

Team composition:

For branches A to C any team can be used, 1 mage, 1 levitation character, 1 healer and 3 DPS is recomended. Route D requires more specific teams and is explained later.

Step 1 Get necklace and the flutes (3 runs, 90 stamina)

1.1 Magic Flute.

-F2 Kill at least 8 guards or more in 3 turns or less (lvl26) .
    -F3 Kill Urai (lvl 31).
    -F8 Kill everything.
    All enemies will be low level.

1.2 Necklace.

- F2 Kill at least 8 guards or more in 3 turns or less (lvl26) .
    - F3 Kill Urai (lvl 31).
    - F8 Kill all sorrowvanes but leave winged familiar alive (they look the same, you will have to check for the names), it will leave the battle.
    - F10 Blue enemies have high physical evasion, kill them with magic. Final floor spawns Senala as an enemy.

1.3 Illusion Flute.

- F2, Kill at least 8 guards or more in 3 turns or less (lvl66) .
    - F3 Deplete Urai (lvl 71) under 30% HP, Masked Man appears, wait 3 turns. Do not kill Urai or Masked Man.
    - F4 Do not kill Masked Man (You can check at how to do this floor easily in the Route D detailed guide).
    - F10 Blue enemies have high physical evasion, kill them with magic.
    - Final floor spaws Clara as an enemy.

Step 2 Get Clara and unlock her jobs (11 runs, 330 stamina per cycle)

Remember NPC Clara must be keep alive to get the rewards.

2.1 Clara.

- F2 Wait 3 turns until enemies dissapear, dont kill more than 7 of them.
    - F3 Kill Urai (lvl 31).
    - F8 Kill everything.

2.2 Bloody Coat of Arms. Run this path 5 times.

- F3 Kill Urai (lvl 31).
    - F8 Kill all sorrowvanes but leave winged familiar alive (they look the same, you will have to check for the names), it will leave the battle.
    - Final floor spawns Senala as an enemy.

2.3. Radiant Glory. Run this path 5 times.

- F3 Deplete Urai (lvl 71) under 30% HP, Masked Man appears, wait 3 turns. Do not kill Urai or Masked Man.
    - F4 Do not kill Masked Man (You can check at how to do this floor easily in the Route D detailed guide).
    - F8 Kill everything.
    - Final floor spaws Clara as an enemy.

Now that you have Clara you can repeat path 2.1 to increase Clara SB, then recode her to get Clara^ (Marilith Kino is required so you will need her to be in the arena to be able to do this). If you want to max her luck you can do it by recoding her multiples times or farming Cryptic Forest. A good/fast way to max her luck faster is recoding Clara one first time and then farm Cryptic Forest with both Claras, then recoding a 2nd time to finish her

Remember the formula to calculate the luck (same formula for SB):

Clara^ LB = Clara^ LB + Clara LB + 1/5 Marilith Kino + 1/5 Mecharose LB

After we are done with all Clara^ recodes you can repeat this cycle one more time to get Clara again. Then repeat path 2.1 to max Clara SB (you get 3% SB each time so 24 runs would be required for 72% SB).

Step 3. Get Clara O and Ella^. (1 time to get both, 25 times to 70% SB Ella^, 101 times for 100L Ella^)

If you dont have Clara O it will drop it.
    If total drag time is inferior to 50 sec you also will get Ella^.
    For a more detailed guide of this route check: Vengeful Heart Floor by Floor Route D Guide

- F11 Kill Jainus using Clara and Dagus. 2 or 3 Taps required.
    - F12 Kill Ella. Use outflank + tap or 3 taps to finish her.

- Next runs will reward with an extra 3%SB/1%Luck for Ella^ (if total drag time < 50 s) and Clara O (only if you dont have her, if you plan to farm Ella^ I recomend selling Clara O for 10k coins after each run for extra profit)

Step 4. Get Ella O. (run 1 time, 30 stamina)

Using Gugba with Tremor is highly recomended for this Path.

Requirements:

- Ella^ (Lvl 45 or more) in the party.
    - Less than 10 seconds total drag time.

- F3 Kill Urai (lvl 31).
    - Final floor spawns Senala as an enemy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Isuldew, Fafnir, robespyah and 3 others like this.
  2. Rydia

Medals:
    VH ROUTE D FLOOR BY FLOOR GUIDE

Before start:

I want to say that this isnt an "optimal team" guide for vengeful heart route D. Im sure there are much better teams and setups to do this route and you can find many videos in youtube or in the other post in this same subforum.

This isnt even detailed guide, I really havent read it twice, I havent look at others people's guides and im sure is gramatically awful.

The purpose of this guide is to show a floor by floor setup that can be easily understood using a team that most people can get. Of course 2 Tappers is better than 1 tapper + outflank. But im sharing the team I was using with the hope other people can find it useful. And that is all. You mostly need Bahl^ and one character with Taps (Palpa^ is a free character so if you dont have one you should get her ASAP). No grand otomos.

If I havent included all the free characters I could was mostly for 2 reasons:

- I dont have Suoh^ yet. Neither my Clara^ or Echo^ are leveled enough to me to do the proper testing with these characters. There are tons of mages, just use the best one you have.

- I didnt planned this guide, this was just something I wrote to help @Axiom273 and ended being posted here.

Team Composition:

Slot 1: Raprow^. I used him because his column attack skills + Outflank 2 skill. If you dont have him you can use any other character with a column attack, like Clara^ or Odin^ (you maybe need a trident on Odin, do your own dmg checks) + outflank skill in at least one character on your team (you can equip an square ring if you dont have any char with outflank).

Slot 2: Amisandra^. She is useful because her extend chain skill which makes chaining much easier during the whole dungeon and specially important in Floor 11. Saves you some seconds of movement. Her second perk is her dual revival skill. This saves you time because as long as Clara (NPC) or Ami^ don't die, you can let Jainus kill 2 of your characters in Floor 3, this makes positioning for floor 4 much easier, since you can basically ignore him. If you dont have her you can use Amina^ or any other healer but extend chain/revival is prefered.

Slot 3: Pizfer^. Any other recoded mage with a row pincer skill should work the same.

Slot 4: Bahl^. The core of the team, for this setup there is no replacement for her.

Slot 5: Snaip^. Any good DPS could work here. Remember to equip him the outflank skill if you arent bringing Raprow^ or any other character with outflank.

Slot 6: Gatz^. Physical tapper + Levitation. You can use Palpa^ or any other tapper but remember you would need a character with levitation (if necesary change your healer with a levitation character with a healing otomo, Echo^, Gego^)
    [​IMG]
    Companions:

Nothing really fancy. I used Skullsplitters in the DPS (Bahl^, Snaip^, Raprow^). You would maybe want to use a trident if you are using Odin^ instead of Raprow and his column skill isnt powerful enough to wipe floor 6.

Mage should be using a Mog. Healer and Tapper anything you want.

Examples of alternative "teams:

Remember you need either 2 characters Taps or 1 Tap + Outflank. Also 1 character with levitation.
    Depending of your team composition you might need to make some adjustment/need an extra turn in some floors.

Slot 1 DPS with Column: Clara^, Odin^, Macuri, Jaguna^, Camellia^...
    Slot 2 Healer: Amina^,Echo^, Gego^, Eileen^, 36AIS, Sorman, Kuscah...
    Slot 3 Mage: Any mage (row pincer prefered) Lewto^, Jennish^, Zerro^, Bahamut^, Leviathan^, Invincible^....
    Slot 4 Bahl^ She is really important to this set up. If you dont have her you can still do the dungeon but you would need to use different patterns. She could maybe get replace by Clara^ if you have other good DPS in othe slots. But I havent tested it.
    Slot 5 DPS: Any good DPS can work just bring the best you have, Suoh^, Odin^, Camellia^...
    Slot 6 Tap Palpa^, Peyrna

Of course there are more options but I tried to put the most common/easy to get units. If you arent bringing a dedicate healer you can equip heal otomos to get the extra heal if you need it.

***Update!!!!!!!!** :love::love::love:

New and more efficient pattern to get Ella^ with farmable units!!!

Click here :D --> Vengeful Heart: Getting Ella^ with full farmable team.

**End of update** :love::love::love:

Video demostration of a run using a farmable team + Bahl^.

Video recorded by @Jeba using a team composed of Bahl^ + Farmables (Odin^, Echo^, Invincible^, Bahl^, Suoh^, Palpa^)

He cleared Route D using the pattern detailed in this guide with just some minor changes:

https://play.lobi.co/video/0d0a06884a2b304659404635018ff7e6955997d6
    https://play.lobi.co/video/7087e590e59980db8b663dc4688c23dd4e4d83b3

Thank you again @Jeba for testing and recording the video

Floor guide with an alternative setup by @cjguitarman

Cjguitarman Floor Guide.

Rewards:

Clara O if you dont have her. If you plan to farm luck/SB on Ella^ you can sell Clara O after each run for 10k coins and get her the next time. But remember to keep 1 copy in the last run.

Ella^ if your drag time is less than 50 seconds.
    If you already own Ella^ you get 3% SB and 1% luck boost to her for each new recruitment.

Floor 1:

Move with Bahl as it is shown in the images. You should wipe all floor with one fast move.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Floor 2:

You would need 2 turns for this floor. Starting floor.

[​IMG]

Move Snaip^ and do this 2 pincers:

[​IMG]

2nd turn you should have something like this:

[​IMG]

Move with Bahl to make this single pincer.

[​IMG]

Floor 3:

When you enter the floor your units should be positioned like this:

[​IMG]

Move with Clara and do a double pincer to the boss like showed in the picture. This should deplete his HP below 30% and masked man should appear. Remember you cant kill either Jainus or Masked man.

[​IMG]

Now you need to wait 3 turns until he leaves. He does Colum-Cross-Colum-Cross attacks. If you are using Ami you can have 2 characters killed without troubles so only worry about maintaining Clara and Ami alive and positioning units for next floor. Remember to use fast and short movements.

Move Clara and Raprow to left upper corner as showed in the picture.

[​IMG]

Move Gatz here:

[​IMG]

Move Snaip and Bahl here:

[​IMG]

Floor 4:

If you did floor 3 properly you should have this floor almost set up:

[​IMG]

Just finish the 2nd pincer with Ami^. Remember you dont want to kill masked man and always try to avoid activating PPs if posible. You need to save them for floors 11-12.

[​IMG]

Floor 5:

Entering the floor:

[​IMG]

Move Snaip^ 2 tiles down using Bahl^. Then do a vertical pincer with Bahl^ and Pizfer^:

[​IMG]

Use Bahl again to move pizfer to kill the last 2 dogs with Clara. Leave Bahl in the position showed in the picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  3. Rydia

Medals:
    Floor 6:

Entering the floor:

[​IMG]

Use Ami^ to do a vertical pincer with Bahl^ and the mage. Then do a horizontal pincer with Gatz. Is important you move with Ami and not with Bahl here. Remember to avoid to use the PP.

[​IMG]

Floor 7:

Initial setup:

[​IMG]

Move with Raprow and do 2 horizontal pincers:

[​IMG]

Floor 8.

In this floor starts the "hard part". Since now enemies movement are random there are no more exact setups. In this floor you have to kill all the sorrowanes but avoid killing the winged familiar. Remember the importat part is to make short and fast movement. The limit isnt in the number of turns. Only in the drag time. 2-3 turns should be enough. After you kill all the sorrowanes the familiar will leave.

[​IMG]

Floor 9:

The last "easy floor"

[​IMG]

You can wipe this floor with 2 pincers like showed in the image but if because your units initial position that will take too much drag time you can just do the vertical pincer with bahl in the botton in the first turn (chain the mage) and kill the other one with a fast pincer in the 2nd turn. Try to activate levitation if posible.

[​IMG]

Floor 10:

The blue monsters will move randomly at the start. They have a very high physical evasion so you have to kill them with magic. If you dont have levitation active at the start of this floor just do a very fast pincer to activate it in the first turn.

[​IMG]

When killing try to leave 2 units near left/down corner and another 2 units near right/upper corner. Clara and the extend chain character should be leave near the center. This is to do next floor easier.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. Rydia

Medals:
    Floor 11, Jainus:

The boss will get very little dmg from your units and you mostly have to kill him using Dagus + Clara. First turn you only have Clara so you should focus on killing the adds.

[​IMG]

In the 2nd turn Dagus enter the screen. At this point you should have 2-3 PP saved. Use one PP + 2 Taps and do a double pincer using Dagus and Clara while chaining all your units (Extend chain is very useful here for that purpose). This should leave him almost dead (Note how I put Dagus next to Raprow so he get some extra DMG)

[​IMG]

3rd turn another double pincer with PP should finish him:

[​IMG]

If you dont kill him in the 3rd turn Dagus will leave the fight and Clara would appear instead. She does a debuff that lows his defense so use her in the first pincer of the double and Clara in the 2nd to finally kill him.

Floor 12, Ella^.

This is the hardest floor because how random Jainus movements are.

Ella^ attacks order is Column-Row-Sleep, they are deadly so remember to avoid them. Your objetive is to outflank Ella^ using the last Tap + power point to kill her. If you deplete her under 50%? she wont do the sleep attack next turn only will do the missile attack that Jainus blocks for you so you dont need to one shot her. You can bring her near to dead in the 2nd-3rd turn and finish her in the 3rd-4th one

Ella^ will usually move over one of your units so try to have your units near the center and mostly close to "bait" her. If you kill or not the adds of the first turn I usually do it depending of how the map is set up at the start. Also remember that Jainus will move your units randomly so this fight can require a few tries.

Some aditional tips from @Jeba

Example

Floor map:

[​IMG]

It is important to remove the units from colum under Ella^. What I did was to put my unit together in the center (avoiding 3rd column) and wait for her:

[​IMG]

Use the last Tap + Outflank + Powerpoint:

[​IMG]

Finish her next turn:
    [​IMG]

After that you can get rid of the rest of the adds. And if you were fast enough......

[​IMG]

But if you werent, dont worry, you will get Clara O anyway (that you can sell for coins) and try again :3

Good luck!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Isuldew, dechyril, SatchmoBGW and 7 others like this.
  5. wes

wes Member

With a 100% success rate, 101 captures takes 3030 stamina, which at 2min/stam equates to 101 hours worth of stamina. If you play continuously throughout the day letting no stamina waste it would take 4 days and 5 hours to finish.

Rydia likes this.
  6. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

thanks for the guide!

Rydia likes this.
  7. Kevinrealk

Kevinrealk Well-Known Member

Excelent Guide :)

Rydia likes this.
  8. Lucida

Lucida Member

I have a feeling that you may be a writer in a magazine or something.

Rydia likes this.
  9. Rydia

Medals:
    I'm not sure if you are making fun of my poorly Ennglish grammar and vocabulary and the horribly written guide but....thx? XDDDDDDD

And not I dont xD

I wish I could work of something as cool as a writer in a videogames magazine D:

10. Jeba

Jeba Well-Known Member

His movement swaps unit like when you move thru an ally unit. So it's pretty simple to avoid him moving units in Ella's attack range. If he is on the left side, don't leave units on Ella's column or the next column and vice versa.
    Also High mdef units can tank ella's hit. Invincible, AmiZ etc can tank the hit. If you are left with no choice and need to put units on the hit zone, put your High mdef units.

Rydia likes this.
  11. Terham

Terham New Member

A good guide!!

I got Ella^ with Clara^ Kuscah Invincible^ Bahl^ S'naip^ Gatz^.

Rydia likes this.
  12. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

This is a perfect guide. Every stage with screenshots and explanations.:love::)

And of course Ella dropped:woot:

Rydia likes this.
  13. tieuzbao

tieuzbao Active Member

Thanks for the guide! Btw, do you or anyone know if Clara, Clara^ and Ella^ will be available in PoT after event ends? I know they're available right now. I already have Clara^ and Clara, just not Ella^ yet. I don't have the units at 100% and would hate to see them drop while trying to pull some new Z from the PoT.

14. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Ella^ is not in the PoT at all and can only be gotten from clearing path D in under 50 seconds drag time. Similarly Clara can only be gotten from path B but her recode is in the PoT until the event ends.

tieuzbao likes this.
  15. secangel

secangel Active Member

Thanks for the guide!
    And struggling whether I should Recode my 100% SB Bahl...

Rydia likes this.
  16. yeezus

yeezus Well-Known Member

Most likely worth it, since she's the best physical DPS in the game.

Rydia likes this.
  17. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Yeah and I wouldn't worry about putting her back into the pot as you're going to want to pull her a few times more to rerecode for 100L. And because you already have her base form at 100% SB that means her recode is out of the gold pot instantly and won't affect your 2/10 guaranteed S+ pacts.

doodootron and Rydia like this.
  18. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

Here are my patterns for the early floors of VH route D runs (to get Ella^). Screenshots show final position after moving.

Team, order, otomos, and skills: Bahl^ (Grand Peta); Palpa^ (Tera Magic target only); Gatz^ (Grand Peta); Ra'prow^ (petabow); Echo^ (Tera Magic target only); Mogha (holy/axion Z)
    [​IMG]

General tips: Echo^ regen is enough healing if you keep it active. You want 2+ PPs saved going into Battle 11 (Jainus).

Battle 1: Bahl^ moves (one-turn knockout).
    [​IMG]

Battle 2a:
    Gatz^ moves (otko) You need only kill 8 in 3 turns, but I prefer to kill all to build PP.
    [​IMG]

Battle 2b: Gatz^ moves (otko).
    [​IMG]

Battle 3: Gatz^ moves, chain PP. (Urai <25% HP).
    [​IMG]

Battle 4: Clara moves (otko).
    [​IMG]

Battle 5: Bahl^ moves (otko).
    [​IMG]

Battle 6: Many options. Have Bahl^ kill as many as possible.
    [​IMG]

Battle 7: Mogha moves (otko).
    [​IMG]

Battle 8 (Sorrowvanes) and Battle 10 (Wasps and Slimers) have random enemy movement so you must improvise. Slimers dodge almost all physical attacks, but bees are more dangerous. I use PP on Battle 10 if I have 2.5 or more saved.

Battle 11 (Jainus) only Allies Clara and Dagus do significant damage. I double pincer with Clara turn 1 with PP (mostly recharges) then tap 3x and pincer with Clara and Dagus and as many others chained to Clara as possible.

Battle 12 (Ella) Boss uses strong column attack turn 1, row attack turn 2, then sleep area 2 on turn 3 (unless damaged enough). Best ways to kill her are to use Bahl^ and two out of these three: outflank, taps, PP.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Rydia likes this.
  19. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Ryd, I'm proud to say that I've FINALLY used one of your guides. :smuggrin:

Now to LB Clara^...

Rydia likes this.
  20. Rydia

Medals:
    I FEEL HONORED!!!!!

HAHA