Ver.5.5.0 The Final Update

Discussion in 'General' started by KRIS, Sep 13, 2018.

1. KRIS

KRIS Active Member

We would like to inform you some cautionary items regarding the upcoming Ver.5.5.0 update, scheduled for 10/09/2018.

[Changes after the 10/08 PDT Update]

- Achievements
    Some achievements will be deleted, and some will be added.

Achievements that are scheduled for deletion on the Ver.5.5.0 update will be removed from the list, regardless of your completion status. Please make sure to collect all achievement awards you've achieved by 4:59PM on 10/08/2018 PDT.

- Changes to Some Skill Effects
    In accordance with the changes occurring to the Eidolon quests, the skill effect of "Summon Point Amp," will be changed.

[Target Characters]
    Invincible: "Summon Point Amp" will be changed to "Frequency +20%, Staff."
    Manticlaw: "Summon Point Amp" will be changed to "Powered Point Amp."

[Target Companions]
    Baby Dragon Statue: "Outflank + Summon Point Amp" will be changed to "Outflank + Powered Point Amp."

- Compatible Operating Systems
    The list of Operating Systems guaranteed for compatibility will be changed as follows. Please review carefully to make sure you are not affected.

[Changes after the 10/09 PDT Server Update]

- Co-op Battle
    Co-op Battle for all Eidolon Quests is scheduled to change from multiplayer to "Single Play." All quests that currently have multiplayer will have multiplayer functions removed. We will have more details in the upcoming Ver.5.5.0 update news.

Additionally, from 5:00PM on 09/17/2018 PDT, we will be unlocking 4 Eidolon Quests over the span of 3 weeks, and will be holding a 1/2 Stamina Cost Campaign. We will have more information regarding the unlock schedule in upcoming news announcements.

- PvP / Weekly Challenge
    Please note that PvP and Weekly Challenges will be discontinued.

Other quests are scheduled to become permanent quests, aside from certain quests. For more information, please refer to upcoming Ver.5.5.0 Update new announcements.
    There will also be additional quests and characters.

[​IMG]

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2018/09/ver550-1.html

【重要】Ver5.5.0アップデートに向けてのご注意点について
    http://www.terra-battle.com/jp/news/2018/09/ver550-1.html

2. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

This is it then. One final update to give us the "ending" and cutting all but the most basic functions of the game.

"service will continue", but I wouldn't count on this to stay around very long now that the final update has come.

3. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    Also:
    http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2018/09/ver550.html

Thank you for playing Terra Battle.

We would like to announce some news regarding the Ver. 5.5.0 update scheduled for October, as well as information about the Terra Battle service going forward.

The Ver5.5.0 Update
    After the release of the Ver.5.5.0 update on 10/08/2018 PDT, we are planning to add the final adventure quest, "Ending Quest," on 10/09/2018 PDT.

In addition, Ver5.5.0 will be the final update for Terra Battle, except for minor bug fixes.

The following are the additional planned for release:

- Add Ending Quest.
    - Change Co-op Battle (Eidolon quests) to single quests.
    - Discontinue multiplayer.
    - Special collab quests will become permanent.
    - Limited time special quests will become permanent.
    - Updates to UI etc.

The Terra Battle Service Going Forward
    Although the Ver.5.5.0 update will be the final update, Terra Battle service will still continue.

We will have more information on the details of the update, and exactl timing in future news announcements.

We appreciate your continuous support for Terra Battle, and look forward to seeing you in Terra Battle in the future.

09/13/2018
    Mistwalker

4. KRIS

KRIS Active Member

Mistwalker is done, Terra Wars cannot save this company.

5. Papa Stef

Papa Stef New Member

So long and thanks for all the fish!

cjguitarman and chulainn like this.
  6. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

Wow, The whole killing multiplayer seems like a move to decommission multiplayer servers and save cost, It seems like they are killing the game altogether regardless of region step by step. Sad indeed.

7. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Might as well take it fully offline now and flood us with free energy as a parting gift.

8. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    Random dumb thing: the URL of the image on the first post (link to the news EN | JP ) is http://www.terra-battle.com/news/0913_ch39.png

Don't know how much you could care, but it seems that the final stage(s) will be released not as an Arena banner or in "Another World" but as a continuation of the Story.

BlackSama likes this.
  9. Jasewes

Jasewes New Member

Too bad to hear this news at the morning....

This is undoubtly the mobile game that i spent most my time on, (and very likely of all games I've play,) and now it comes to the end...

Started playing not day 1, most likely week 1, month 1 for the worst case, started grinding for full characters serval months after 2nd anuversary.... took the SB path to reach golden road, and then move on to froest.... Went a long way there... had hard time on the TB2 units refuge preiod, as I planned a trip and went off line for an entire week, still manage to pull all of them as a free to play....

Well, I will walk it to the end.... still doing sbing after all but 1 unit gained, all maxed luck, and maxed level.... next goal won't be changing, to get all Z units at 100% activation rate (e.g. 70 SB for units with 30% basic rates).

10. Quartzel

Quartzel Well-Known Member

Now I seriously doubt TB3 is coming to be honest.

I was also secretly hoping they'd make some form of transfer from TB1 to TB3, but seems very unlikely now.

11. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

(That moment when your profile picture has become relevant twice with the death of its source and now the end-stages of its predecessor.)

IMHO, this is a fitting and satisfying end to the game. Yea, I wished for more content, but I had an inkling they weren't going to do that. With that in mind, the only choice for playing this game was to wait for more content that would never come. So I'm glad they had the grace to officially state there would be no more content anymore. I'm actually kind of surprised they're giving us one last push of content before discontinuing content updates.

And it makes me happy that they're not completely discontinuing the service. It lasted a good while, and they "ended" it well. I might even say that they ended it excellently considering the abrupt way Terra Battle 2 was totally shut down. All in all, good job MW, I look forward to your future games.

Ph B, cjguitarman and tobsy like this.
  12. claude

claude Active Member

Im looking forward to the new characters :)

13. Winner

Winner New Member

Will s/l work if it’s not server based?

14. Terra-Em

Terra-Em Well-Known Member

there is stil a connection to server otherwise gatcha woulnt work. you already have a local save file called resume.bin for s/l so offline could work but it would be prone to hacks.

15. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Assuming there’s a meaningful way to acquire them, so will I.

Rather hard to justify spending anything more on TB at this point.

16. Winner

Winner New Member

What happened to the download starter? Almost 3 mil!?!

17. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    3 Millions aren't the real deal here, Uematsu's Opera Quest for (never) reaching 2.9M is *shreds a tear*

18. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

:nailbiting:european IOS players won't be able to update the game, because it's already gone from the appstore. Only way to get it is to create an appstore account in a service country or download via apkpure for an android device

Am I wrong? If not, I don't get it, why MW removed the apps aready from the european stores, when there will be an update before the shutdown :banghead:

19. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Thank you Mistwalker.

20. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Is there some kind of deadline that forced them to shut down in Europe? Because I agree it doesn't make sense to deny European players the ending like this.