Ver.5.5.0 The Final Update

Discussion in 'General' started by KRIS, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Eblis

Eblis Member

I could quote a lot of things to agree with the sentiments on the thread, but this really resonated with me. MW's continued to make this whole process both a business strategy and PR nightmare for themselves. More transparency would be ideal, but I guess I could kind of understand if it's difficult under the circumstances (i.e. fear of gacha laws). But they could at least have provided some courtesy and fanfare at the end so it went out with a bang. Instead, there's no explanation, no events, no thank you, no clarity about what's happening or why... no payoff for having stuck with the game. Which, as is obvious from the discussion, is a great way not just to irritate current players, but to lose future customers. I remain vastly underwhelmed with MW's business strategy, which should have been able to capitalize on TB's strengths years ago - even if its success was initially a surprise. If they're small and in a financial hole, it's one they dug themselves into through repeated, compounded mistakes.

There's a whole separate grumble I could have about their lack of attention to game mechanics, too. I used to play a bunch of MtG, and the thought and playtesting WotC put into each new release was a lot of fun (not to mention their willingness to more-or-less correct mistakes when they slipped through). I seriously doubt that anyone at MW stopped to think how useless energy (and CTs) would suddenly become in the absence of rate-up events - there's simply no mechanism to get useful otomos any more, or Z units if you're not already rainbow road. But of course we don't really have _proof_ that there won't be any more events, because they've never communicated anything concrete about it...

2. Liveless

Liveless New Member

This doesn't just affect gacha games. It is, in point of fact, the true issue behind the growing trend of "games-as-a-service" model. Due to the fact that everything the player does in the game is designed to communicate with some sort of server/network, it leaves absolutely no room for preservation on the long term in the event that servers were to shut down / not make any more money. For example, people will forever look back on Half Life 1 & 2 as a definitive turning point in the evolution of first person shooters and always love those games for what they were AND STILL ARE because they can still access them at any time. Will people look back on something like Destiny in the same way? Doubtful they will be able to because of the "always-online" requirements. They simply don't last forever.

3. SomeGuy

SomeGuy New Member

Hello, some lurker. Just registered to share that info with you guys. Maybe we can share this on other platforms too.

So basically, I'm a traveler. Even though my service country was US (google store), I set on Other countries in game. I lost my recovery code, and my account on the first of November because of that mistake.
    I got it back thanks to the awesome support of Mistwalker. Tell them to change the service country of your account to the right one because you made a mistake, and a new password recovery code.

It took me a bit of time to get them to do it, by giving politely very clear information of my situation. They are probably flooding with requests, but yet they did it! :)

Ente, Eblis, Krayzel and 2 others like this.
  4. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I imagined it was possible to do something like that when I saw the User/Inquiry ID on the start screen, but having the confirmation that is possible to recover our accounts from someone who actually did it changes a lot :D

Thank you very much for joining just to make us know about this, much appreciated!

Eblis likes this.
  5. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

That's good to hear. I'm actually a bit surprised they did that for you though because 1) with the final update and how they handled the Europe shutdown they seemed to have adopted a devil-may-care attitude(especially with the lack of events and such) and 2) they did specifically warn that you would lose your account if any errors were made in selecting your service country.

But this is good news that they are still retaining data which you would have expected to have been lost.

6. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

Well, it's been weeks since the final update (or even the last patch) and there's no sign that we are ever going to get rate up events or any kind of stamina/companion exp/etc. events again. TP and chapter item/monster drops still rotate but that's all automatic now . I'd say feel free to pull with energy and use tickets.

That said I suggest pulling one at a time in lieu of x10 to save time, you'll get less dupes. For some reason even though pulls are meant to be randomized based on given rates, you almost always get dupe pulls within those x10 pulls despite pulling from a huge pool. I get way better results or at least very few dupes when I pull 10x one by one. (I'm not on gold road).

7. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Changes of this kind don't require Mistwalker to release any update, and as they could just enable the "Z class rate up" event (if not the 1Z/10 or the 2/10 one) server side I'd try to contact them via Twitter or something... I mean, it won't actually mean anything and reached this point you might just want to throw your Energy somewhere just for fun, but if you still lack "that last moon unit to face the Solar King" you might want to at least try it.

Still, with 2 free pulls from the PoF/PoT every day throwing away some Energy shouldn't be that traumatizing anymore, just enjoy the game without making up too many problems and after much time sense the feeling of being free to do whatever you want ;)

8. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I'm too lazy to contact them and I suspect that they basically don't care enough anymore to even enable things server side. I think they acknowledge that people will no longer buy energy for a pre-shutdown game, which is why they implemented ads for daily free pulls so they would at least generate some ad revenue to help cover costs to keep the server up. They want us watching the ads and they probably want to avoid anything that would discourage us from watching, such as increasing the chances of pulling the Z characters you need.

That said, even without being on gold road or anything my rate for pulling Zs isn't that bad. Between the 2 daily pact pulls and spending some energy I've managed to pull a handful of Zs. Only 2 that are actually useful to me but still it's much better than I thought.

9. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

For those that are still around there are 5 companion tickets in the trading post, ends in 1 day.

10. Moebius

Moebius New Member

They reappear from time to time :)

11. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    but considering the low rate for Z class companions, now that there isn't such thing as a "Z rate up" event anymore, the more CT you manage to stock the better :)

12. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

I get 5 every 8 weeks :woot:

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  13. 64bit

64bit Member

secangel likes this.