What if: TB2 content to TB1, what do you think?

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver Mitsuki, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    So, random idea, now that TB2 is closing Mistwalker will find themselves with a ton of unused content, and although the game was developed by Silicon Studio the art should be... property of Mistwalker? I guess? I'm not totally sure how these kind of things work actually.

Anyway, what if Mistwalker will bring a ton of new units and companions to TB1 over the following months/years from TB2?

I really want an Indra (Tera Area 3 or Peta Area 2 in TB2), but by looking at the other units in TB1 (Haruhikari in primis) I think they'll never break TB1 with overpowered content (from another game)

tobsy and Claywtf like this.
  2. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll bring over TB2 mechanics to TB1. Anything involving equipments is a no go, as the base mechanics are too different, so no Quintuple Doublehand Samatha here.

Power Through might be fun to have, but that would break the game even harder than Stealth.

Other interesting things are the various tap activated skills that aren't buffs/debuffs, like Reflect or Focus. That should be possible to bring over if MW wants to go through the trouble of coding the mechanics.

Some items could be brought over, too. I like that one item that gives you a Power Point at the start of the fight. That would make Agartha Hard so much easier :joyful:. Things like the added SB frequency is nice, too.

As for units...Would not mind having Godaugar over :rolleyes:(with his broken buffs obv) .

tobsy and Gujiniuniu like this.
  3. Gujiniuniu

Gujiniuniu Active Member

Concerning TB2 coming to TB1, I never really thought about it except the story coming to TB1 or Godaugar coming to TB1 (because he's my favorite xD).

But I agree some of the unique skills in Tb2 could totally be cool in TB1; like all the field skills in TB2 could become taps: a power point tap, reflect tap, maybe even bomb tap... there were even skills that summoned floor traps. That could be fun.

As far as other skills go, range and stats from equipment made them special. There were also some cool status effects like charm, but we all know how well status effects work now...

4. TrueShadow

They work like a...charm? :cool:

Gujiniuniu and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  5. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    lol, I don't want TB2 mechanics to be added to TB1, the arts (and some musics, eventually) are enough, after all TB2 was built around having huge AoE (the Indra thing should have looked like a joke, and although is an Equip in TB2 would still be a strong Area/Cross 1 companion in TB1) and implementing features from there would just turn TB1 in a weird creature, still there are some special skills that would be fun to have in TB1 :p

As the graphic style of TB2 is "different" from the one of TB1 I'm a bit scared that TB1 would lose part of itself by adding more and more content from TB2 over time, still there are too many drawings that don't deserve to be lost.

tobsy likes this.
  6. kaze19

kaze19 Member

Never played TB2 so cant say much about it,but what I would like to see are recodes of TB2 chars that came in TB1. I think it would be a huge step but I am sure they will never make it.

7. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

All I want from TB2 would be, that building a new team with different skills and companions won't affect the setup of charas in a different team.

cjguitarman and Silver Mitsuki like this.
  8. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Yeah, that's a thing that almost certainly we'll never get: TB1 adventurers have 3 jobs and some of them have a "lambda form" unlocked through a feature called DNA Recode, while on TB2 guardians have one single "normal job" with 2 more through a DNA / RNA Recode operation.

Haruhikari and her friends who came to TB1 already use in fact for their 3 jobs their Normal, DNA and RNA arts and, with the exception of Haru, the other characters were lazily named "Guardian Koh", "Guardian Koh DNA" and "Guardian Koh RNA": as their second job have DNA in their name they either change their name or do nothing :/

9. TrueShadow

We could also get RNA recode in TB1 for already recoded units, and we can switch between DNA/RNA forms at will. Instead of Lambda, they could be named Delta or something. This can be used to fix characters which already got a recode but still terrible, like Nakupi

10. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    or Eileen. Poor Eileen.

secangel likes this.
  11. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

Haha fun thing to dream about, but I doubt anything more than bare minimum of resources will be spent on this game anymore. Bringing artworks and sound bytes over would be one thing, designing new characters and mechanics is another. That effort should be focused on TB3.

But then again.. they do bring out brand new events once in a blue moon like the recent Ultimate 5.. Maybe they could do a TB2 event sort of thing, almost reminiscent of the Last Story event, but you help the main characters of TB2 (as NPCs) find Sarah and the triplets and defeat those mysterious bosses. They already have all the artworks and music for that kind of event... They would just need to code. Could be fun. lol

12. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

It be good for TB just to keep expanding tb1 with new story and idea and scrap any idea for sequel. One of the main reason I couldn't get into tb2 was the idea I had to start from scratch. I done my time in tb1 I don't have time to play another TB. So what I'm trying to say is 1 TB enough for a life time

13. Tharos

Tharos The Source Explorer

Medals:
    They started to bring TB2 characters to TB1, thus lowering their skills to fit TB1 power curve.
    I don't see them bringing TB2 god-power stuff (skill mechanics and such) afterwards

14. icehro

icehro Active Member

I want that Senala and Clara we never had chances to see in TB2. They were really great looking (And that way I can have two Senala & two Clara).

But seriously if we can ever get that story as an "Another World" with some TB2 bosses or sthg like this I'd be really happy. Again I think they don't want TB2 to invade TB1 (and even more after that closure announce). That's very different (Equips & Mechanics) and if other 'collab' units have to come in TB1, I think many people will be sad to see those characters getting fixed to current meta (aka Haru) and lose their unique skills (Doublehand, Weapons Master etc.) I was already feeling sad for Ryoma but If they ever release God(augar), I think many ppl will go ham seeing his fanbase.

cjguitarman likes this.
  15. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    A bit disappointed to not see Clara and Senala in action on TB2, their art was reall, really nice. Thumbs up for the "Another World" idea with the TB2 bosses.

16. Kaim

Kaim Active Member

They should tell the story of TB2 in TB1 (like it as "Matsuno World")

17. KRIS

KRIS Member

it don't feel like any new update coming anymore..

18. Ph B

Ph B Well-Known Member

I would like them to bring over the GGA versions Ayana, Chelsea, Jodie, Shannen and Tiffana. Maybe as special event bosses. We'll get hear Tiffana emo lines again "I deny this world!" "Stay away from me!" Etc. Or maybe put in a story where Ayana talks about always bringing a fresh pair of undies like before :hilarious:

19. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

Please rewards after fight in one turn:woot:

20. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    I'd love it, but (the orginal) 50 chapters are so much that I'd rather to see them narrated in a manga.
    Maybe we could have got a short event composed of few stages if TB2 managed to live for an extra year.

Worried as well, but I'm being optimistic and think that not only we're going to see the coming of Uematsu's Opera Quest, but that we won't have any other "numbered" Terra Battle (i.e. we'll have TB, Terra Wars, Terra Whatever, each one with a different gameplay), therefore more focus and content on the only true TB coming over time.

Again, I'm being optimistic.

You should always keep a fresh pair with you for emergencies.

r√łkkr likes this.