White Day Event: A Labor of Love.

Discussion in 'Events' started by Rydia, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:
    Similar to the previous Valentine event, we need to farm some items and we can do pulls in exchange.

This time instead of a Coop Raid we have to beat a harder version of the Treasure Quest with 2 new enemies:

- White Dragon. White Dragon also has insane MDEF. If we don't kill him the turn he appears he will charm some of our units.
    - Goldfish. Goldfish has insane DEF and MDEF so we want to kill them with fixed damage.

Which characters/companions we want to use?

Best option is a team that has:

- Mukumba DNA.
    She kills everything on the screen except the fishes. If she doesnt have SB you can use some frequency companions on her.
    - Fixed Damage: Ideally we want to put a 100 needles companion on a character like Zumba (CT+4) to kill the fishes.

Thats all we need, here is a video as an example:

Thanks to @RaGe from discord for sharing with us the Mukumba death trick

So any frendom with a Mukumba with enough SB + 100 Needles can carry us through the quest.

Other options/Sources of damage (less recommended/slower)
    - Fixed damage: Elga, Needles (from Infernal Keep), to kill Goldfish and the White Dragon (Elga). A super easy to get char Jeanne has 1000 cut, she with 4 needles can get rid of the white dragons herself, even weaponless. Chizuru also has an attack that ignores defense. Both were in last event so everybody should have them
    - Control Time: Zumba is great here since he can move the blue dragons but if you don't have him Sam or any CT+4 can work. Also CT companions are good.
    - Area damage: A friend with unleashed indra or a mage with staves can give you area enough to kill normal dragons without many troubles. Unji/Anjis are good for this too

What are the rewards?

Besides the usual rewards of metal tickets, mighties and more we can get a SS bow, when fully unleash it will have 185 ATK and Peta Area (1).

Even if not as impressive as the stave is still a pretty nice deal.

Also we can get some guardians with the candy.

Here is the list of confirmed guardians that can be pulled with candy. Ill update it as we know more:

Z: Elga (Confirmed :D I got him!!!)

SS: Conrandt, Ken, Kenton, Koh, Brone, Roland

S: Palpal, Jiro, Shen, Louisharant, Ivan, Bulk

A: Kwantas, Goku, Joogo, Vohgless, Gunford,

B: Lyon, Pu'ray, Koa, Wah'gas (his U reward is 100 needles in case you need more), Isamu, Polymelas, Kheim

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Todd, mudamuda, tobsy and 7 others like this.
  2. freelame

freelame Active Member

I can confirm for Ivan, Bulk and Vohgless too.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    shoguy89 and Rydia like this.
  3. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

My team for this event; Zumba + Leon.

Zumba.jpg Leon.jpg

EDIT: I feel like MW is really generous here. Most event guardians are very useful and/or give high class U rewards. There is no trashes like Ipp'oh, Gantt, Enaveldt, or Zomberger to pad the pool. :goodjob:

It's time to stop UB and grind ranks to refill stamina :punch:
    I hope I could get 4 Conrandt before the event ends.

EDIT2: Changed team to Zumba + Mukumba. super quick farming :joyful:
    Thanks RAGE for this method. :)
    I love it when community can always find a way to cheese through event. :love:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    shoguy89 and Rydia like this.
  4. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Here are a few hints for TQ farming.

• Zumba is a great character for TQ. CT +4 and Power Through allow you to line up all adds without issues. Only the purple dragons are 'immovable'. I tend to leave 5 characters on the bottom row and just drag the Dragons into place with Zumba. Much easier than trying to dance around the treasures.

• The Goldfish has ludcriously high DEF/MDEF (9999999) so they take 1-3 damage from all sources except fixed damage. They also only have 100 HP so you can use all those Needle companions you got from the IK raid during the Valentine's event.
      • Remember that companion activation is based on the guardian's SB so use higher SB guardians to ensure the Needles activate.
      • Needles is also pincer-only so they don't activate on chain.
    • Characters with fixed damage skills:
      • Elga and Elga DNA
      • Saeba RNA (also drops 1000 Needles from U100)
      • Uz DNA, Lyon DNA
      • Hawk RNA, Jeanne RNA
      • Wah'gwas RNA (also drops 100 Needles from U50)
    • Another option is to use Mukumba DNA. All the Dragons are lv 50 so Mukumba's Lv 5 Death will one shot all the dragons anywhere on the map. You still need to pincer the Goldfish with needles (or Elga) to kill them, but it can speed up the runs when you can ignore all but 1 or 2 adds. Even with Mukumba I still leave all the characters on the bottom row and just drag with 1 except now I only need to make sure I pincer the goldfish and everything else will die.

I have both Mukumba and Zumba (probably many people do) so hit me or the others up on Discord and I (we) can add you to my (our) friend list(s).

5. freelame

freelame Active Member

I don't know if it's related, but before I was running team of Xena's and got around 31 treasure boxes per run, I switch to Zumba and Makumba and now I only got around 26. Do you think it's just a coincidence or treasure hunter skill has something to do with it?

6. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I have run a lot of treasure quest with and without treasure hunters and I think the treasure hunter ability doesn’t effect it. It’s just RNG of how many goldfish appear.

7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Honestly I kinda feel like the best part of this event is all the nucleotides I’m getting :D

8. LegendaryFrog

LegendaryFrog Well-Known Member

Like Todd I also ran TQ with TH. 100 Runs with TH, about 75 without it and there was no discernible difference. The 'extra' chests in this case come from the Koi Fish drops. Each one defeated drops another 'chest' full of sweets that is added to the total at the end. TH does not affect random enemy spawns so it was just a coincidence.

freelame likes this.
  9. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

fyi I just dropped Kenton (SS) ,you can add him to the list.

shoguy89 likes this.
  10. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    A very stupid add: I learn by reading Rydia's post that I'm not the only one using Mukumba (I've used her in many occasions since the launch day). If you're going for this strategy I suggest you to not follow the video "literally" bringing only few guardians (the video does that for illustrative purposes) but using instead rare units like SS and Z classes (Haruhikari if possible), chaining them every time you have a chance.

With this message I'm of course talking (mainly) to the casual players, as the older users already know how much SB these sessions provide, I won't be surprised at all if at the end of the event you'll find yourself with a team of guardians with +50% SB or so.

Rydia and shoguy89 like this.
  11. Rydia

Medals:
    Totally agree with what Silver said and that was in fact my purpose, to show what you need to run the stage fast.

Im using a full team with units I want to SB (Elgas :love:) + Zumba on my side and im using a Mukumba frendom. It is really nice and you can just chain everyone for gains or just Zumba/Muku for fast kills.

Just a very small point, the guardian with the Needles, must have 70 SB or more, just to guarantee the needles activating everytime. With 1 single needle in a 70 SB guardian you dont need anything else and you save time in animations ^^

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  12. tobsy

tobsy Active Member

LOL I love the fanbase that finds out these wonderful tricks for every event. Thanks, you marvelous bastards xD

Silver Mitsuki and Rydia like this.
  13. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten 2 Kenton’s so far

Hoping for an Elga

Rydia likes this.
  14. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I put my Haruhikari's in the team to SB. After the last event I ran out of space for guardians, so I wonder how bad it's going to get this time lol

15. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I periodically upgrade the lower class ones (and most of the higher class ones too, to be honest) to boost luck/SB

16. chulainn

chulainn Active Member

Awesome info, mate. I’m not on Discord much but I could certainly use some new friends in-game.

F2P, so my roster is kind of thin: Zs are Xena, Shannen, Tsut, and Ayana. Pulled Haru on the last event and Lyon from a Resolve ticket. Only other SS are Mizzet, Conrandt, Koh, Polar and Samatha. Hoping for Roland and Kenton on this event.

ID is e6ea5a1f, by the way.

Rydia likes this.
  17. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

I think I got all of SS Husbandos...
    [​IMG]

These are all of them, right? There was no report of Fyuzal being in Sweet Treat pact?

@chulainn I added you, My in-game name is the same as my username here.

EDIT: Also, SS messed up login bonus again... :yawn:
    White_Day_Login_Bonus.jpg
    All my alts got White Day Login Bonus, but my main did not.

EDIT2: It doesn't matter anyway. I just checked and this event last 16 days. There are only 14 login bonuses. Even if SS messed up the first day, everyone could still get every bonuses.

:banghead: and it just hit me why only these 6 are in the event pact.
    ...It's because they are all dressed in white.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  18. mudamuda

mudamuda Active Member

I try to do that as well, but for the ones that have unique unions I'm reluctant because I'd rather use them to boost U, which means I'll have to boost their SB first.

19. fgbrooks

fgbrooks New Member

Just got Uz, an A Guardian. Please add to your list. BTW, she has "1000 Thrusts" in her DNA form.

20. Rydia

Medals:
    What? Uz in white day event??? Lol

Added to the list xD