Who actually got the "Royal Ringstone"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

I am curious who actually got this valuable companion? With a 1% chance, how many times did you have to beat one of the hardest fights in the game to actually get it?

I am still nowhere to be able to beat the Sun king, but I am discouraged to even plan/try to given the incredibly low chance to get that companion.

Thoughts?

2. Joe

Joe Active Member

Sorry .. seems like i posted this in the TB2 forum by mistake .. can one of the awesome mods move it to TB1? :joyful:

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  3. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

It took me 34 days to get Royal Ringstone.
    My 1st Sun King kill was on Jul, 5th. And Royal Ringstone dropped on Aug, 7th.

However, I did not spend all my stamina on Sun King. At most, I probably did Sun King only 4-5 times a day. Because I had only Feno, and it was very tedious to do Sun King stage with only one Moon unit. Some days I just did not bother with Sun King at all. So, I estimate around 80-90 kills until I got Royal Ringstone.

Moskentraumen likes this.
  4. vbatti

vbatti Active Member

Got it! Like 90-100 times, so pretty near to the 1% chance of getting it.

5. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

Without any moon unit, i will patiently wait for the add of royal ringstone in luck 100 chest before even trying :)

6. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    It took me... actually I can't remember how much, I think that it was something like a hundred of runs spread across a couple of weeks where I used almost all my stamina running the Sun King (uhm... numbers don't sum up). It wasn't that fun, but surely less "stressful" than 100L Mutoh Λ, that I had to run during the former "Hard Mode hours".

For me it was easy, as I had multiple moon units, but runs took some minutes (with animation speed x2), and as messing up something at any time of the boss fight might make you start the fight all over again you should pay some attention to what you're doing, and not just "double pincer the boss", so I'd wait for you to have at least Feno and another Moon, Ashe if possible (of course, as he's a MATK tapper) before trying seriously.

Thanks to the Cryptid Forest (and to Lucia 4, that came back in Arena some time before I started farming the Sun King) most of the strong units I have reached L100 before I got my Royal Ringstone, so I consider mine more like a throphy than a useful Companion; I'm also an old-time player, this means that (almost) all of my units are 100% SB, and this "RR" thing gave me a little existential crysis on what to do, if SBing or LBing my units in order to clear the pacts, but I'm working on it with my therapists.

Right now I'm using my stone to Luck Boost during the Lucky Orbling daily quest, running some Forest from time to time to clear all the lambda and the Z units: I'm not doing it because I need it, but I like seeing how easy is now clearing a character compared to SB, and as a "completionist" I'm actually enjoying it a bit.

Overall with only 1% chance to drop it I think that isn't really worth it unless you have multiple units you'd like to have 100L and are playing "seriously" enough to actually consider Luck Boosting a thing; the best alternative in my opinion is to not "plan" to run the Sun King, but to let it happen in case you'll get some Moon units, focusing on the Moon King, Mutoh and Shin'en first, getting some good companions (like the almighty Hiso God) in the meantime.

Joe likes this.
  7. Zyron

Zyron Well-Known Member

Got it after one week fighting Sunking nonstop in fight 95. Same day like lynx.

8. limitbereaker

limitbereaker Active Member

It took me a couple of days.
    Tip is I played shinen so many time and got use to low drop rate for ct. So I learn to be patient with RNG. If RR didn't drop I wasn't angry I just try again. Also good stamina drain. At some point because I was busy I wish it didn't drop so I can drain my stamina instead of it rotting. Just don't act desperate and it will reward you.

9. Christian

Christian Active Member

Got it after 70 times kill sunshit

10. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

I swear it took me 2 months and 200 kills. When I finally got it, I realized I had no use for it. I LB'd a few characters in CF with Dracorin^ just to see the +0.4 LB per run, which was great, but there actually isn't any luck treasure I need at this point. I'm basically done with TB1 and moved on to TB2 now.

11. Claywtf

Claywtf Active Member

By the time you will be able to get Royal Ringstone, you probably wont need it anymore. Sad but true.

12. Joe

Joe Active Member

Yeah, I think that's what I am going to do. I haven't beat Mutoh yet so I'll focus on that. I do have Ashe but not Feno, so I'll just wait till I get him (PoH hopefully?) and then give Sun King a shot.

I do have Hiso God and I love it since I didn't have Gego till only a few days ago... Now onto recoding good old Gego

13. secangel

secangel Active Member

Like Lacuma ^ money bag skill...

Claywtf likes this.
  14. fei_dante

fei_dante Member

i have been running SK since july and no ring yet.
    293 Runs so far :(:(:(
    i have no unit to lb anyway. i am still running SK from time to time now. All my stamina goes to Shinnen for CT.
    it tooks me 93 runs to drop pdz. I hate you RNG

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  15. Yuki Judai

Yuki Judai Active Member

16. DanielMilian

DanielMilian Member

Took me about 30 runs. I was finally getting consistent at killing him fast when it dropped. I used Feno, Amina, Shinen, Dahlia, Annu and TG.

17. Moskentraumen

Moskentraumen Active Member

18. fei_dante

fei_dante Member

RR droped for me today after 344 runs

19. creenson8

creenson8 New Member

:arghh:480 runs nothing,i suspect the Royal ringstone hasn't upload into my game yet

20. Caliban

Caliban Active Member

Wow I feel better now about taking 200 runs to get the drop