Who actually got the "Royal Ringstone"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe, Oct 25, 2017.

1. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

Totally agree. furthermore, you can had royal polish in 80/100L chest. in that way, players can speed up a little the obtention of RR, but not like PDZ who go from 1% drop to at least 10% drop with a 100L team.

2. dragon_food

dragon_food New Member

I got it to finally drop yesterday... I basically ran the Sun King non-stop for at least a week... so averaging 10 runs a day I estimate it took me somewhere between 70-100 runs.

So even though that felt like a grind, now the real grind beings with luck gains. I think I need to pace myself to do something like 5% a day or I will burn out. I also have a feeling of "what's the point" if I've already beaten the hardest content.... but it would be nice to have all of the characters.

3. Sean Bond

Sean Bond Well-Known Member

Dropped for me around the 30th run or so (Not not sure of the exact number). Shoutout to Feno^ for allowing me to skip farming Moon King otomos completely!

I was hoping they'd add RR to the 100L chests by now (so that I could just get it that way, like I did with PDZ), but I like @TrueShadow's idea as well. There's nothing worse than feeling like you're doing the same slow, boring battle over and over again, all for nothing (especially if you're not farming at 100L; anything less gives pretty worthless drops).
    AHH HOLY SHIT I LEFT MINE UNLOCKED

*runs away to lock it*

Joe likes this.
  4. cjguitarman

cjguitarman Well-Known Member

5L per day is less than 25 runs per day. That's disrespectful to the great power of the Ringstone.

5. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

and it's less than one hour of full pleasure !

6. Rydia

Rydia PinkPikaPony Staff Member

Medals:

Lol Sean....for real? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

7. Sean Bond

I rushed to put it in my forest team!!!

(also it's been so long that I got a worthwhile otomo in TB1 that I forgot they don't come locked like in 2)

Rydia likes this.
  8. Rydia

Medals:
    Of course was TB2's fault.

Sean Bond likes this.
  9. CappCorp

CappCorp Active Member

Finally got it too !
    I was quite lucky, I really started farming on Thursday, and not full time. I think I might actually have got it under 50 tries.

Rydia and Sean Bond like this.
  10. Rydia

Medals:
    Congratulations! that was pretty fast! im glad you were able to get it without many troubles!

11. CappCorp

CappCorp Active Member

Yep I really think I was lucky on this one. I used Mikalicious' video for the how-to, it helped a lot.

Rydia likes this.
  12. kaze19

kaze19 Member

Question for RR owners.
    How did RR help you in any way since when one is able to run SK you are most likely already at the point in the game when you have all units maxed luck?

13. phoenix_stealer

phoenix_stealer Member

still not owner, but IMO.
    you may not have ALL the units maxed and ... well, when you are able to run SK, you have most likely finished everything else, so Luck farming is the only thing lasting :D

14. haloo

haloo Member

I acctually fight SK with Feno^, Olber^ and other basic characters, so there's a lot of work to do. I have 6-7 chars left to be on gold road (5 of which are wasted because I mistakenly recode them to clear them off the pool, and then find out Lambda chars are not on the pool anymore :(.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Rydia likes this.
  15. Sean Bond

Well, this was always the criticism of RR drops (that endgame players are the only ones who can get it, but are the ones who need it least).

However, think about how many units have come out recently. Two sets of recodes (the Feno^ and Sayu^ batches), the 4 units that brought my beloved Lio and Renova, and now the TB2 collab units (which I'm not collecting fully, but only because 1) they suck and 2) I don't have enough energy currently). So while initially I was almost finished with PoT when I got RR, there's a bunch of new stuff to LB, and getting that 2x bonus to Luck is very useful. And for those that are trying to eliminate non-rainbow units from a limited pact (so as to pull rainbows guaranteed), having double the speed to do so is extremely helpful.

Plus it makes Lucky Orbling really nice. :D

Rydia likes this.
  16. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    I don't know if I should talk as I'm a Skill Booster before being a Luck Booster (I'm kinda an idiot, I know, and about what is behind this stupid way to play we could even make a thread), so as I didn't 100L all of my units before getting the Royal Ring I got the most from it. ** RR doesn't require an high Luck team, so it was a good prize for me **

As the time passes, more Lunar units (and MATK tappers) are added to the roster, making the task of pulling a team for The Sun King easier to accomplish, so for the players who don't spend their days boosting is not uncommon to have a number of characters that didn't cap their Luck at the time the RR drops.

To that, add what Sean said: as the time passes more and more characters are added to the roster, so you'll always find a use for that (ear)ring.
    Following patch 4.8.0 (and its 5 new Z characters) we got, if I didn't miss anyone, 13 Z, 1 SS and 1 S (plus the Eidolons, together with Ethereal & friends). A way to use it can always be found, as if you're aiming to Boost to get your Moon units and run the same stage over and over again to get that 1% drop you, as an hardcore player, are going to keep on playing no matter what, just for completition purposes :3

In summary, don't worry to not find a use for it and kick that dragon's ass ;)

Sean Bond likes this.
  17. Ael

Ael Well-Known Member

I'm also a SB-er and not a LB-er, just because I started a long time before luck arrived. So I'm really happy to have RR because I lost less time in the forest and have more time to go in 2-1 for SB. But it's so disappointing to see how fast is LBoosting compared to SBoosting :'(
    Never forget you need L100 units even if you clear pot ;)

I hope we will have a SBx2 one day ...

18. Joe

Joe Active Member

And an arena equivalent to Forest where SB is guaranteed across the squad (vs. unofficially using 2-1 or whatever)

tieuzbao likes this.
  19. claude

claude Active Member

Sometimes I go into the inventory and just to double check to see if I actually got the RR already ...

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  20. BlackSama

BlackSama Active Member

I think at some point they may add it as a 100 luck reward, I actually 100 luck my Sun King team just for that certainly want a second one :D